“Ok Stay”

Travelodge Niagara Falls Bonaventure
Ranked #87 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We all had a good stay at this motel ,it's showing its age like a lot of motels in the area but for the price it's ok.The room was large and clean and comfortable beds.The staff where very accommodating and very nice people.We would definitely return to this motel and recommended.

4  Thank schken

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Lights didnt work in room or in hall - dried blood on sheets - more blood on box spring - blacked carpet( needed to be steamed or replaced a ;long while back - unstaffed front desk upon arrival
didnt use pool or hot tub while there

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank jonmark128
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Drove three hours with my husband and little girl to visit Niagara falls for our daughter's first time (It was a surprise for her). I booked my room online 3 weeks in advance with a credit card and was given a reference number for the booking. Upon arriving the lady at the front desk (elderly, french accent) informed me she could not find us in her system, she was frustrated because she was having trouble between the letter "G" and "J" she explained to me because of the fact she is french. She tried several times to find our reservation but could not at this point I was letting her know I was upset and she began yelling back at me and arguing with me that she to was in fact upset!! I asked for the manager and she refused to allow me to speak with him at this point my little girl began to cry and I had to comfort her! other guests were shaking their heads in disbelief at what was going on and how unprofessional she was being!
I had a booking for a room with two Queen Size beds we ended up with what the hotel has left a room with one double bed and they had to bring a cot in for my little girl!! it did have a jacuzzi she made me pay full price even though it was a mistake on their part! the room smelled very badly (like mildew) possibly the jacuzzi had over flowed at some point because the smell seemed to come from the carpet.
I called the 1 800 reservation number when we got to the room and explained how my reservation had been lost they girl asked for my reservation number and she was able to find it in the system! she put me on hold and called the front desk of our hotel and then came back to tell me our room reservation had been lost by the hotel! I called customer service to complain and am waiting on the property owner/manager to call me back!
also on most occasions the hotel key cards did not work we had to take them back twice to be reset! I will NEVER stay there again nor will I EVER recommend this place to anyone!!! beware you get what you pay for!!!!

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
5  Thank Kathy G
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The positive is that the location is pretty good for getting to the falls, and the front desk lady was nice and that's where the positives end. The room is quite dated and felt dingy. There were two sinks but the one outside of the bathroom was VERY slow draining so we could only use the other one. The pillows were way too "soft". When we returned from our first full day out the carpet still had crumbs on it from our eating the night before. The coffee pot also was not cleaned from the morning. My father inquired about the carpet and we were told the vacuum was broken. Shouldn't a hotel have more than one vacuum cleaner? Later that night I noticed there was a Goldfish snack by one of the beds. We don't eat those in our family. How long has the vacuum been broken? I'm just happy we were only there for two nights.

3  Thank Annette A
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went here for our yearly trip to Niagara. We went on a wine tour in the area. The hotel room was nice. The price was about right (maybe a little pricey) for how busy it was in the area. The indoor pool was nice. The hot tub was so-so - it really needed to be cleaned and shocked with chlorine. The location is alright - but expect to spend time in your car going back and forth. There are not a lot of restaurants around in the area - like a Kelseys or Keg - they are all near the Falls which you need to drive too. The door to the hotel near the parking lot had no security on it which isn't great. The bus system isn't too good when it stops around 12:30 - that needs to change during tourist season.
I think our stay at the Quality Inn (the Falls) was a little better and I would choose it over here. But, this is a second option.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dougfms
Reviewed August 15, 2012

late review however will get to the point...we stayed there around Easter 2011
First of all its cheap...super cheap - therefore do not expect anything!! the lobby was ok - no smell or anything - the staff were friendly enough - the room was clean - the beds/carpets/couches were rundown but clean - the bathroom was fine - we were there for 2 nights - room service was prompt and did not even need to ask for xtra towels - they gave them to us!
continental breakfast was included - sure we had to fight with the other guests for bread and eggs the first morning but it was...an 'interesting' experience :) - the next day breakfast was fine!
again remember you get what you paid for which was around $50/night CAD for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you have no other place to stay then its ok just to get some sleep but its not for a family at all its not clean and its more of a party place for high school kids .........I booked it from hotwire didnt know till i book what hotel i was staying after seeing reviews i tryed to cancle or change hotel but hotwire denied.... All the reviews posted are right its not clean there is a musty smell in the rooms the only good thing was the staff was nice ...... would not book from hotwire agin and wouldnt stay there agin

1  Thank Richard b