Travelodge Niagara Falls at the Falls
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sheraton on the Falls(Niagara Falls)
  • Restaurant
Pilgrim Motor Inn(Niagara Falls)
Blackstone Inn(Niagara Falls)
View Hotel
Skyline Hotel & Waterpark(Niagara Falls)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclifton hillfree parkinggreat locationcontinental breakfasttravel lodgeroom was cleanboiled eggsfridge and microwaveleave your carwithin walking distancewould stay here againpark your carparking lotother attractionsoutdoor poolcoffee makernoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I recently spent a romantic birthday weekend at the Travelodge and I had a wonderful experience, the staff went above and beyond to help me celebrate my birthday took time to look at pictures we had done and gave us a bottle of complimentary wine, they were thoughtful and courteous, and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheRobinsons0826
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I am from the Niagara Falls and love to come and play tourist as much as possible.Oddly enough I had never stayed at this hotel.I came out for 2 nights December 23rd and 24th for Christmas at the falls.I couldn't wait, all week I was so excited and the day of check in was going great until I arrived.This blonde lady that was working the desk was a complete nightmare and after the way I was spoken too I will never return to this location.She was a real haggard woman with a raspy voice who had tons of digs, comments and statements that totally stuck with me my whole stay.I figured it was because I am young and I guess because of my tattoos that are visible(hands).I don't know,But I have been everywhere in the falls and I never have been close to spoken to like this.As if I was some scum they had to worry about or made them uncomfortable.The funny thing is I actually am a tattoo artist for the local Hart and Huntington Tattoo company and I make good coin.Clean shaven, no piercings, very presentable but like I said it must have been the hand tattoos.I will not return to this hotel and I will continue to steer everyone I come across to stay away just to make a statement.Nobody on holidays spending the coin you do in Niagara deserve to be belittled at all.Trust us locals...there is way better service elsewhere in Niagara.I would like compensation for the ignorance of this place.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ShammerheadsG21
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here during a massive blizzard, and couldn't have been happier. Clean, comfortable room, free internet; nice distraction from the weather just outside the door! The location is just up the block from the Falls, and Amy at front desk was most helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jack Z
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Ok so this hotel is far from the Ritz but it was better than I expected!
The rooms are very dated and basic but clean and fine for somewhere to rest your head, that's all we did as we were only there for one night.
Amazing Location, couldn't have been better and there's free breakfast, wifi and parking!

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mickeyp0507
Reviewed January 21, 2014

If you have never been to Niagara Falls, Ontario, you have always heard this: the Canadian side is better than the American side, stay there. The truth is, it is very touristy, and resembles an imitation of Times Square, Las Vegas and Coney Island, complete with electronic barkers beckoning you in to its attraction. The main streets for this area are Clifton Hill, which becomes Centre Street, Falls Avenue, Fallsview Avenue, Victoria Avenue. Each has offshoots that have hotels and motels. The brightest (and sometimes noisiest) street is Clifton Hill. Here, and on Victoria Avenue, you will find the most eateries.

Despite or perhaps, because of this, this Travelodge is a great choice location-wise. (There is another one, Travlelodge HoteI by the Falls on Victoria Ave). It is near the casinos, restauarants and other attractions (including every wax museum this side of the Atlantic Ocean) but most importantly, close to the falls. You won't have a view of the falls, but just walk out onto the street and look down. Follow the roar of the water (or the crowds) and you're there.

The staff was pleasant and cordial. The rooms were clean. I was there in January (to photograph the ice on the falls). The room was warm and there was no draft. The water was hot. My room had a microwave and refrigerator, perfect for when you do not want to go back out in the cold for a meal. As I said, there are a million places to eat nearby, none of them gourmet, but available. There is also free WiFi. Since there is free parking for motel guests, just park the car and forget about it. There is a complimentary continental breakfast at either Ruby Tuesday (yes!) or the family restaurant next door. I chose the $2.99 upgrade and got a waffle (with juice, tea and bacon, if I had wanted the meat).

I would stay here again, but since it would be summer, I am sure the price will be double. By the way, the motel next door is also managed (owned??) by them, Thriftlodge.

Remember, if you have read any of my reviews, I am not a luxury person. I have a vacation ownership and get my resort fix that way. When I have to pay, my criteria are safety, cleanliness, proximity and cost. Depending on the location and activities, a treadmill and/or pool is nice, too. This is a motel, you will step outside. Other than that, the quality of the rooms were on par with a hotel.

Room Tip: There is no elevator but it is a small hotel and the walk from the car is minimal.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo