“avoid at all cost”

Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District
Ranked #35 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My daughter was there for 2 nights on May 10 and 11, and brought back very disgusting photos! Body hair in the toilet (lots of it, someone got a 'hair cut'!). Soap scum all over the shower, mold on the ceiling (bathroom), dirty bed (yellowish circles...!)

There were four girls (cheerleaders) per room, and 3 sets of towels. They got an extra one on the first night, but it was taken out the next day. They had to get another one (with very approximate English) and had to explain why they needed another one.

She told me the smell was in harmony with the dirt! And no wonder someone said it reeked of marijuana... she found (and took a picture) of a half smoked joint under the bed, when she reached to get her shoes!

Avoid if you can!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicole1959
super8suiteshotel, Hotel Assistant General Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. We have taken the appropriate steps with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this does not happen again.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District

Reviewed May 12, 2012

When arriving we were greeted nicely by Sean which was the only thing that seemed to go right.

First night on the way out asked about general information about the area from the front desk. was given short curt answers and felt like I was bothering the person at the desk. Later on we discovered a leak in the celling above the tub. Lady at front desk replied "well it rained last night" Seeing as we were not on the top floor I found this implausible and said so, to which the lady smirked and said maintenance would look at it the next day. Also could not figure out how to turn on the fireplace, to which we were told it didn't work and would also have to wait till maintenance came the next day. Turned out I, in fact, just didn't know how to turn on the fireplace, something that could have been explained when i asked how to do it. Also the leak was explained as an ongoing problem which was evident from the caulking on the celling.

Later that night now that I knew how to turn on the fireplace I did so. A few minutes later the fire alarm went off, to which it took 15 mins for the staff to respond too. Nice to know how safe the room was.

The third night was our wedding anniversary and we had reservations at Skylon tower. We however, did not get to make good on those reservations because we were busy filling out a police report due to someone in the staff coming in our room while we were gone and helping themselves to my wifes jewelry and passport. Fortunately they never found our cash or kindle that was in the room as well.

On checkout we finally were able to speak to a manager, something i had been asking to do for days. Amanda told us that she had been conversing with the owners and they would be by after a funeral to talk with us about our experience and see what they could do for us. For once I felt like I was getting the respect I deserved from day 1. So even though we had a ten hour drive ahead of us, we decided it would be worth it to stick around the next two hours. Then we got a call from the manager. This time she explained to us that the owner has decided they will not be seeing us, and felt they needed not to explain anything or do anything for us. Im not one looking for a handout, but with the troubles we had I do feel we should have been treated better. Funny how the manager was so nice in person and promised us the world to our face, but when she got on the phone it was a different tune. And when i expressed that we felt upset and disrespected all she could do is say sorry while laughing at the same time, to which I did call her out on and she continued to do.

This is the worst hotel experience I have ever had In my life and do not recommend anyone to ever stay here. Being a Super 8 I wasn't expecting luxury but I do expect respect anywhere I go. This was the second Super 8 I stayed at during this trip and will be my last, which is unfortunate for all the Super 8 owners who do run a good hotel.

Based on other negative reviews here, I fully expect Amanda to come and give a return response of why the hotel was not at fault, but come on, blaming the customer just makes you look even worse.

Room Tip: Spend the money on a better quality room, you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon G

Mr Grant we are truly sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay with us. We reported your incident to the police as soon as your concern was received. Valuables should never be kept in guest rooms or vehicles. The hotel has safety deposit boxes available for all hotel guests at the Front Desk Office. Please accept our sincerest apologies A refund for one nights stay was issued by the hotel for your inconvenience with the whirlpool and fireplace. Please do not let your unfortunate experience prevent you from choosing Super 8 in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

Pros- bed was very comfortable, not too far away from Clifton hill (15 min walk 3 min cab ride) enjoyed the jacuzzi in our room (HUGE tub!) free parking (which is unusual for Niagara falls)
Cons- Our entire floor smelled of Marijuana, exercise room had a bike and a treadmill, hallways were dingy.
If you are just looking for somewhere cheap to stay while enjoying the sights of Niagara falls I would recommend this property. Not sure I would stay there with kids though-a bit of a party hotel.

Room Tip: The king jacuzzi room was spacious and the tub was awesome!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CLMOM12
super8suiteshotel, Hotel Assistant Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind and honest review. Our desk is open 24/7 and we do not tolerate any ignorant behaviour or loud excessive noise. Please call us if this should ever happen to you again and we will make sure that the guests who are causing a problem are immediately warned or evicted. I apologize if anyone was loud next to you. That is not our intentions and we are very happy you liked the beds. Please visit us again and have a great summer! From our family to yours!

Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean

Bathrooms big and spacious

Cheap

Free parking

Comes with mini fridge

Only downside is the rooms are kind of dim but thats not anything major.. The two most important things are price and cleanliness

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Hollybear15
super8suiteshotel, Assistant Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We love hearing great reviews about our rooms. Please come and visit us again in the future. Happy Journies and have a great summer from our Super 8 Family to yours!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Travelled with kids first week of April. We've been on this place 5-6 times in the past and now i could tell and see the signs of aging (not me) of this building. We have no problems in the past or this time around, just want to tel you our experience on this hotel. We booked a non-smoking family suite.
Lobby's clean and check-in was a breeze.
Room- old and worn out carpet, with old furniture, projection TV with VERY limited channels; no Hbo, no family ch, no nick etc. Lights started flickering at night time and electricity was out in our room when we woke up in the morning.
Bed- old, dirty, dingy and musty comforter (smell of cig smoke and hair strands). I think they got it from a garage sale or salvation army or value village. Pull-out sofa - undescribable, looks like a neighbour just throw their worn out sofa and super 8 took it and dump it in one of their rooms.
Carpet- dont ever thinking of walking barefoot.
Washroom-not great, not good.
Pool- dang so cold! i told the front desk and cant do anything about it.
There is a jet tub/whirlpool and a sauna. The shower beside the sauna smelled like urine so we didnt bother rinsing there.
I really dont have much positive thing to say except for the newer elevators.
I forgot to mention that the ceiling near the window leaked.
i thought i was over...sorry. Aircon/heater was creating some sound and unusual smell. Out of curiosity...beside being old and worn out A/C...I also found some pieces of chips on the grills, but whos to blame? past guests perhaps...

Again, been here so many times and never encountered things like this. i was suppose to give 1star but the newer elevator im giving it 2. This hotel need a total..a major renovation.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank myla_wheat
super8suiteshotel, Assistant Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2012

Hello and thank you for your opinion of Super 8 hotel and suites. I do not have any log of you reporting any of the above mentioned items and while we certainly encourage honest reviews the below mentioned reviews from other tripadvisor members who have visited our property are quite the contrary to yours. I would definitely advise you to please call down to the desk if you are having a problem the next time you stay. There are many mentioned items that I find to be a little confusing. The pool has a heater and is heated to the same temperature that every other hotel is according to hotel standards.. we often times get quite a few compliments on how comfortable the water is. While we strive to keep that area clean, there may at times be some items present that need attention to. We have maintenance on shift always and they are constantly checking the common lobby areas. Thank you again for your review. I encourage you to next time call down to the desk so that you can continue to be the happy customer you were 5-6 other times that you've stayed.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

we had the Jacuzzi suite, it was quite large. Clean and the furniture was in good condition. We'll definitely go back.

Room Tip: ask to see a room before you check in, see if it's what you're looking for.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
super8suiteshotel, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Hello and thank you for your comments on tripadvisor for our property. Thank you so much for coming to visit Super 8 Hotel & Suites. We are happy you enjoyed your time here and are looking forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the Niagara Falls region. Super 8 cares about being an affordable hotel and has just launched two great promotions I'd thought I'd let you know about. Stay 2 nights and receive 15% off your stay and stay 3 nights and receive 20% off your stay! Hope that helps for next time! Take care and enjoy your upcoming summer! from our family to yours. Sincerely Amanda

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is the Second time we've stayed here for out man-cations. It's cheap and it gets the job done for what we want. It's clean and the staff are helpful. We booked 2 rooms one with 2 queens and the other was the suite with 2 queens and the living room so we could hang out. It's a little farther out than most hotels but it's still a short walk to the falls.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
super8suiteshotel, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Niagara Falls Near Fallsview District, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Hello and thank you for your comments to the staff of Super 8. I am glad to hear this is your second time visiting again and we would love for you to come and visit again. Positive reviews allways put a smile on my face and it's great to know that we are doing our job at the hotel properly. Take care and have a great year. From our family to yours!