Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mary Ann D
Rochester, New York

Great Weekend Getaway

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 8, 2019via mobile
We had a “premium “ bi-level room and as you can see from the pictures our view was outstanding. The staff could not have been nicer. The only negative is that the room was worn and dated-especially for the very high end price paid.
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Responded Sep 17, 2019
We are thrilled that you enjoyed you stay with us and the staff was able to meet your needs! We are regularly updating the hotel and I hope you can experience the upgrades during your next stay.
Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa
0.3 miles from The Oakes Hotel overlooking the Falls
Free parking
View more hotels in Niagara Falls
7,292 results
All reviews great view casino package incline railway floor room higher floor jacuzzi tub niagara on the lake clifton hill applebees remington falls voucher fireworks deals attractions canada mist
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019

Great location for the falls! I would say one of the best in the area. The hotel was very well presented in the lobby and the falls viewing floor was amazing. The room itself was a little dated but all facilities fine for what we needed and very clean. The beds were very comfy. We ate in Applebee’s for breakfast after our night flight and before we could check in, but we didnt return again as the coffee wasn’t very nice and no alternative milks available if you are dairy free (seems not many places offer this in the area sadly except Starbucks and one other place we found). The food portions were very big but again limited options for dairy free and vegetarians. I ordered a spinach and mushroom omelette but in my tiredness forgot to say no cheese although it didn’t actually have cheese in the description and it was so loaded with it so I couldn’t taste anything else and didn’t want to make myself ill by eating it. The staff were very nice though and they had colouring for the children.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NicholasOverlooking, Manager at The Oakes Hotel overlooking the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

We are thrilled that you enjoyed you stay with us! We work to ensure 100% satisfaction, so I'm happy to look into alternatives to dairy in Applebee's. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed September 8, 2019

Over all Staff great the hotel could lessen up with a better morning welcome of complimentary muffin or fruit with the coffee and water offered. I'd say that is a great hotel touch. Canadians specially appreciate being treated like true guests . Loved the observation floor.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are thrilled that you enjoyed you stay with us! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 7, 2019

All amenities are as described. Very good location. Take furnicular to Falls to avoid a long walk. Ask at front desk where it is. Applebee’s restaurant is very handy and has good food . Would recommend

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NicholasOverlooking, Front Office Manager at The Oakes Hotel overlooking the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2019

We are thrilled that you enjoyed you stay with us! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 6, 2019

I have registered my complaint.The room #246 was horrible for Two senoir citizens.She has had 2 knee replacements and a bad spine.The walk from the elevator is very long with 8 steps to negotiate along the way.She hurt herself going up one of the steps Saturday afternoon and had a miserable night.The Falls was my birthday present to Lydia and I never dreamed I could have a problem like this.The management team said they were sorry and offered to change our room- she was in far to much pain to be moved -so we received a breakfast at Appelbees.Your Hotel is in a perfect location,but senoirs should be informed about the second floor.I'll be anxious to hear your reply.
Richard Pavlish
2255 Par Lane #310
Willoughby Hills ,Ohio-44094
440-944-0396

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
RachitKh, Rooms Division Manager at The Oakes Hotel overlooking the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to review The Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls.I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. While we work to ensure 100% satisfaction, sometimes we fall short. I hope we can make your next stay truly fantastic. If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

I had very bad experience. First I had booked the rooms that should look at the Niagara Falls, and I got 2nd floor which was surrounded by trees so I could not see waterfalls. I was specifically charged more for the room because of the view but I could not see anything. Also I was charged even more but I did not get any receipt when I was checking out. Hotel was not clean, swimming pool without safe guards, etc.

Date of stay: August 2019
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We work to ensure 100% satisfaction, however sometimes we fall short. Ensuring accurate billing of most importance - please contact the hotel directly if you would like to review your reservation and charges