August 2006-We had a great stay,and close to everything. We reserved a falls view room and when we arrived ,it was across from the elevators, i went and asked for one further away and they upgraded us to the premier suite on the same floor-11 th. We ended up paying and staying two nights for the price of the regular room rate. We has an awesome view and was able to see the fireworks[ see schedule at desk] Our room had 2 tvs, 2 beds and single pullout in the sitting area, jac. tub, large floor to ceiling windows. If you were in a higher room your view would just get better. Pool was not the greatest, i would have expected something a bit more from this hotel, but cooled you off. Certainly the best hotel to see the falls and close to many restaurants.
Walk to everything, leave your car parked there, because nothing will be more closer. Buy the travel passes, makes most sense.
DO NOT Eat at the all you can eat country chalet breakfast house. It is awful, cold food, dirty dishes,expected us to pay $45.00 for breakfast 2 adults/2 kids[7&5]. I refused to pay it and handed them 25.00 and walked out. Asked to talk to manager, told none around. We took the safe route and ate at the Chain food restaurants to be sure.
Went to Marine land, a must, rent the baby stroller for the kids, we didn't but wished we had.
We will definitely go back to the oakes, spend the money for the view from your room, it is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All New Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls in Niagara Falls Canada is the ONLY boutique style Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls. The view from its Fallsview hotel rooms is second to none, as it towers over the mighty Niagara Falls. If you're looking for shopping, dining, nightlife or entertainment, the location of The Oakes Hotel is perfect for you. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist district, right next door to Canada's largest casino - the Fallsview Casino Resort, the hotel is within walking distance to almost anything! How close is The Oakes Hotel to the brink of Niagara Falls? Just a quick ride down the incline railway (located right in front of the hotel), and you're there in 5 minutes. The Oakes Hotel is always the best value, and the Gourmet Getaway couple's package is the perfect Niagara Falls hotel package deal for couple's looking for some time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking Falls
- Oakes Hotel Niagara Falls