Well first of all I would like to say how wonderful our check-in experience was thanks to Zyla at Check-In. We were staying at the hotel from October 9th-14th and when asked could we possibly get a room with a view (we were scheduled to stay in a courtyard room) she was able to upgrade us to a room on the 8th floor which had an excellent view of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls as well as the American Falls. We lost my Mother earlier in the year and I wanted this to be a Special Trip for my Dad and he was thrilled with the room upgrade. I agree with other reviews the motel section is not nice looking but stay in the hotel and you will have a nice stay. A couple of minor things did occur we requested 2 additional pillows and did not get them until we made a second call the next day. Also they should check the jets on the tub as they looked like they were not clean. Shower could have had more water pressure. We were here for 5 days at it snowed about 3 inches on one of the days here and we are from Georgia so we were very excited to get to see snow. I think this hotel is used by tourist groups as everyday we were their it was a daily occurence to see several motorcoaches arrive. Furniture in rooms could use some updating but bathroom was nice . Overall It was a wonderful stay at the Oakes and would recommend it to anyone. Small Gift Shop there as well. For dining don't miss the Fallsview Manor Restaurant out on Lundy Lane it was excellent and cheap compared to eateries around the hotel like Applebee's, Denny's and Vinny's Restaurant which were extremely pricey. 34 Canadian Dollars for Denny's Breakfast was ridiculous. Maid of the Mist was excellent and Journey Behind the Falls was nice as well. Do go to Niagara-on-the-Lake and don't miss the Floral Clock and Butterfly Conversatory. We had an extremely nice time on our trip and hope this review will be helpful for other travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All New Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls in Niagara Falls Canada is the ONLY boutique style Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls. The view from its Fallsview hotel rooms is second to none, as it towers over the mighty Niagara Falls. If you're looking for shopping, dining, nightlife or entertainment, the location of The Oakes Hotel is perfect for you. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist district, right next door to Canada's largest casino - the Fallsview Casino Resort, the hotel is within walking distance to almost anything! How close is The Oakes Hotel to the brink of Niagara Falls? Just a quick ride down the incline railway (located right in front of the hotel), and you're there in 5 minutes. The Oakes Hotel is always the best value, and the Gourmet Getaway couple's package is the perfect Niagara Falls hotel package deal for couple's looking for some time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking Falls
- Oakes Hotel Niagara Falls