“What a great experience”

Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls
Ranked #36 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We are from South Africa, my husband & I booked in to celebrate my birthday. It was well worth it, we were on the 19th floor facing the falls, it was breathtaking & so exciting! The room was clean & the bed was very comfortable. We had a wonderful time, thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for Fall facing room, the higher the better
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelOakes, General Manager at Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your response. The views from the rooms are breathtaking. I'm so happy that you were able to experience it at our hotel while visiting Niagara Falls. Glad the Oakes Hotel was able to make your special day a memorable one

There are newer reviews for Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed in one of the fallsview rooms on one of the high levels of the hotel. I had a direct view of the falls from my room which was breathtaking. The room however wasn't overly clean or modern. Some modern bed linen and a good clean would have gone a long way.
The view however more than compensated for this, I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. Our location is amazing. We are definitely close to everything and being the closest hotel to the Falls doesn't hurt either! Our hotel is renovating soon to modernize our hotel. I am happy to hear you will be returning to stay with us again

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have read many reviews about the Oakes Hotel both good & bad. Sure its needs some updating but for what your paying its that bad. Here's the secret if you what really good view of the falls you must request the tower rooms above the 8th floor but of course you will have to pay for the Million dollar view. My wife & I stayed here on a one night package deal and were in room 1617 we had a excellent view of both the falls and the early morning sunrise this was our second time staying here and would definitely stay here again. John T.

Room Tip: Get Tower Room For the View.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response. The view from your room is definitely a Million Dollar View! I'm glad you were able to experience it first hand. Looking forward to having you stay with us again in the near future

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We went to the Oakes Hotel recently on a Getaway package that included a night stay, dinner, breakfast, and casino vouchers. It was an amazing deal. The view of the Falls from the room was spectacular and the dinner we had at Remington's steakhouse was fabulous.
But what made the trip was the hospitality we received from the time we got there to the time we left. The hotel manager Michael was so friendly and welcoming. Every time we saw him over the 2 days he always went out of his way to chat with us and made sure we were having a great time. And he always remembered our name. And we weren't the only ones. He treated all his guests that way. We always saw him talking and laughing with others in the lobby. I had never taken the time to ever go onto a website and talk about my experience somewhere. But the experience I had at the oakes hotel has to be shared. We will definitely go back.
Albert

2  Thank Albert A

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at the Oakes Hotel. We take pride in getting to know each and every guest that stays with us. The more we know about you, the easier it is to make sure your stay with us is 100% comforting. As for our Gourmet Getaway package, I agree with you as it is definitely an amazing inclusive deal.
Hope to see you again in the near future and thanks again for the kind words

Reviewed November 14, 2013

You can't beat the value here. I am so pleased that the manager, Mike, was so professional in handling an issue we had with one of the staff. He really demonstrated the importance of each customer! As a result I am very pleased to say we will be returning again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris R

Thank you for your review. Customer service is the most important aspect of operating a hotel. It is something that the Oakes Hotel and myself take pride in. I'm happy to see that you will be returning to our hotel and look forward to meeting with you and your family when you do.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The view from floor 14 overlooking the falls was amazing. Both the american and horse shoe falls can easily be viewed from the room.

The hotel is old and the decor show it. From toilet to bed spread very consistenly old. That been said the room was generally clean.

The office staff including possibly management was the most unfriendly I came across during this 35 day 7 different hotel stay vacation. Maybe a smile in Canada costs an arm and a tooth!.....I wonder how they can train someone to smile!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gjoz

Thank you for your response. I appreciate all your feedback. The view from your room is wonderful and we take pride in that. As for our product, we will be undergoing major renovations this off season to update our rooms and common areas. Our new management will make sure that the service you recieve will be just as outstanding as the product you are standing in.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is an older hotel and it shows. Small lobby with no atmosphere, lots of noise from adjoining rooms and halls. However, the views from the higher floors are great and if you get a package deal you more than cover the cost of the room with the value of the add-ons you receive. Our package included tastings at Niagara on the Lake wineries, Dinner and Breakfast for 2 and Casino money. All in nearly covered the cost of the room. I'd go again for a single night, maybe two, probably not for a longer stay.

Room Tip: 11th floor or higher
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelOakes, General Manager at Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while in Niagara Falls. I'm glad you enjoyed staying on one of our Fallsview packages. Our package is a great value as we offer an inclusive dinner and not just dining credits. Our hotel is going through some renovations over this offseason to upgrade the quality of our fine hotel. I'm happy to hear that you will be coming back to stay with us again in the future.