I stayed at The Oakes on November 1 and 2, 2013. My companion choose this hotel having stayed there three decades ago and had great memories of that trip. The view of the Falls is wonderful, we were on the 11th floor and paid for the upgrade to a higher floor to have the view, but for the price of the room, the value is not there. The carpets are very worn and even look shabby in many places. Having to pay extra for a cramped parking space and getting a ding because the spaces are too tight (parking $15 extra per night) was not nice. There was only one clerk working on check-in with two supervisors watching her when they could have have helped expedited check in but the wait to check in took about 15 minutes of standing in line. This is a facililty very much needing a face lift. There was only one cart in the lobby available to take luggage to the room, another ten minute wait for the cart to come back down, and the bellman never offered to help. The bathtub was not clean, and I had to wash it down before use, but the jets were a nice feature and they worked. The coffee in the room is defintiely for a European taste, very strong, and only one serving, it makes almost two cups. Location is great, view is wonderful but the room is just average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All New Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls in Niagara Falls Canada is the ONLY boutique style Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls. The view from its Fallsview hotel rooms is second to none, as it towers over the mighty Niagara Falls. If you're looking for shopping, dining, nightlife or entertainment, the location of The Oakes Hotel is perfect for you. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist district, right next door to Canada's largest casino - the Fallsview Casino Resort, the hotel is within walking distance to almost anything! How close is The Oakes Hotel to the brink of Niagara Falls? Just a quick ride down the incline railway (located right in front of the hotel), and you're there in 5 minutes. The Oakes Hotel is always the best value, and the Gourmet Getaway couple's package is the perfect Niagara Falls hotel package deal for couple's looking for some time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone and Jetsetter so you can book your Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking Falls
- Oakes Hotel Niagara Falls