My boyfriend and I stayed at the Oaks during New Years. December 28-Jan 1. The hotel room was okay...nothing special. The set up of the room is really weird, when you walk in you are basically right in the bathroom. The toilet and tub are in a room together and the sink and mirror is not enclosed. The room was dark the lights did not do much to add brightness. The windows were nice. We were on the 6th floor and had a pretty nice view of the falls. This hotel is directly across from the Canadian Falls. It would be nicer to stay higher up to see a better view of the Canadian Falls. The casino is right next door, and the parking ramp lights are on all night - plus the light from the falls is on, so the only way to get darkness at night was to close the blinds. The room was very dry and the heater was either hot or cold. The TV is awful. It is a dated tube tv. It made a high pitched buzzing noise every time you changed the channel. The channels are limited, which was a bit disappointing after a busy day there was hardly anything to watch.
The groupon made this hotel deal good, but I would probably not return. It is within walking distance to the main strip....but it was a good distance away. It was nice to walk down to the concert at night.
The pool was okay, but there was a lot of chlorine in the water. Water was very foggy.
We ate at applebees, attached to the restaurant, twice for breakfast. The food was not that great. I was given a glass that had a piece of bacon or some food stuck on the inside. The knifes had spots all over them. I would not eat here again.
The hotel did offer shuttle service to Reamingtons, this service was great. Although the one time we took it the driver did not have any heat on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All New Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls in Niagara Falls Canada is the ONLY boutique style Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls. The view from its Fallsview hotel rooms is second to none, as it towers over the mighty Niagara Falls. If you're looking for shopping, dining, nightlife or entertainment, the location of The Oakes Hotel is perfect for you. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist district, right next door to Canada's largest casino - the Fallsview Casino Resort, the hotel is within walking distance to almost anything! How close is The Oakes Hotel to the brink of Niagara Falls? Just a quick ride down the incline railway (located right in front of the hotel), and you're there in 5 minutes. The Oakes Hotel is always the best value, and the Gourmet Getaway couple's package is the perfect Niagara Falls hotel package deal for couple's looking for some time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking Falls
- Oakes Hotel Niagara Falls