We booked for a 1 night stay at this hotel through a group deals website and paid an extra $30 to upgrade our room to a guarantee falls view room and it was worth it! Our package included 1 night at the hotel, dinner for 2 (3 course) at a restaurant which they organise transfers for you, breakfast at the Applebee's next door, casino credit (which we didn't use) and a tour of a chocolate factory which we also didn't use. We thought because it was a cheap deal the hotel was going to be bad but we were wrong!!!!!
Check-in was quick and the staff were friendly. The room was nice and big as well as the bathroom, and we had an excellent view of the waterfall and it wasn't noisy! We were walking distance to everything because we were right in the middle of the town. Yes the hotel is on a big hill but if you don't mind walking up and down then its great otherwise there was a cable car just outside of the hotel a couple of minutes away walking to get down to the bottom where all the shops are.
We were able to stay in the hotel room at night and watch the light show from the hotel so we didn't have to worry about being out in the cold and uncomfortable at night. My partner set up his camera on his tripod and was able to get excellent shots of the water and the colours through the glass and we would sit and talk in while we waited for the next colour.
The included dinner and breakfast were average and the chocolate factory tour was a little out of the way which is why we didn't do the tour.
I would highly recommend staying at this hotel because its at what I call the best end of the fall - the horseshoe, I know I would be if I went back to Niagara Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All New Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls in Niagara Falls Canada is the ONLY boutique style Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls. The view from its Fallsview hotel rooms is second to none, as it towers over the mighty Niagara Falls. If you're looking for shopping, dining, nightlife or entertainment, the location of The Oakes Hotel is perfect for you. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist district, right next door to Canada's largest casino - the Fallsview Casino Resort, the hotel is within walking distance to almost anything! How close is The Oakes Hotel to the brink of Niagara Falls? Just a quick ride down the incline railway (located right in front of the hotel), and you're there in 5 minutes. The Oakes Hotel is always the best value, and the Gourmet Getaway couple's package is the perfect Niagara Falls hotel package deal for couple's looking for some time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking Falls
- Oakes Hotel Niagara Falls