I booked 2 rooms for 2 nights for $199 each through TeamBuy.
I upgraded one of the rooms for a higher floor but only got 2 floors higher for $30/day more.
Checking in was fairly quick, and they made reservations for us at Remington's right away.
The room we had on the 8th floor was close to the elevators and you could hear all the noises from the hallway. You could also hear the toilet flushing in other rooms as well. The view was amazing though. The room size was as expected with 2 queen beds.
The 14th floor observation lounge is in fact sofas placed along the hallway in little nooks overlooking the falls. Parking is outdoor and we returned to the hotel around 9:30-10pm both nights and the parking lot was full, so we had to park on the ramp leading to the parking lot. Applebee's is not really connected to the hotel, you still have to walk outside.
Everything else was as described on the teambuy.
The hotel is a little bit run-down, but did get clean towels and new toiletries after the first night. TV does not offer many channels and image quality was bad but we did not go for the hotel or the tv. The hotel is not that close to Clifton Hill, the main tourist area, but it is very close to the falls. We did not walk down to the falls, but it did seem very close.
Overall, I would say it is not a bad hotel, just a litte bit worn out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All New Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls in Niagara Falls Canada is the ONLY boutique style Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls. The view from its Fallsview hotel rooms is second to none, as it towers over the mighty Niagara Falls. If you're looking for shopping, dining, nightlife or entertainment, the location of The Oakes Hotel is perfect for you. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist district, right next door to Canada's largest casino - the Fallsview Casino Resort, the hotel is within walking distance to almost anything! How close is The Oakes Hotel to the brink of Niagara Falls? Just a quick ride down the incline railway (located right in front of the hotel), and you're there in 5 minutes. The Oakes Hotel is always the best value, and the Gourmet Getaway couple's package is the perfect Niagara Falls hotel package deal for couple's looking for some time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking Falls
- Oakes Hotel Niagara Falls