Okay, we did our research on Trip Advisor and yes there are good reviews and bad reviews for everything. We looked at staying at one of the more expensive hotels right on the falls and the price would have been double what we paid for at the Oakes. So we made reservations. (After reading the reviews I had my own reservations, but we were talking about saving about $500!) On the way up to Canada my husband and I both were afraid of what we were going to walk into but wouldn't say it aloud to get the other more apprehensive. We were too early for check in so the lady at the desk "Pre;checked" us in, gave us a paking pass and asked us to come back in a couple of hours. I requested a room as high as we could get and she said "I'll try my best" - I remembered reading from other post to make sure you get a "Fallsview" not Falls side" and up as high as possible.- So....we come back after driving around and looking at the scenery and ....We got our room keys and went up to our 19th floor room, on the corner with windows and both sides! It was a King suite (I have lived in town homes smaller than this!) which had a seperate living room with TV and a sofa that makes out into a bed. Then you turn the corner (which would be great if you had little ones because it gives you a little bit more privacy at night (sadly for our daughter she had to stay home - this was "our time") Then you see a large bathroom with a two person whirlpool and separate shower. There were even swans made out of towels like when you are on cruise! When you walk into the main bedroom you have a small fridge and a king size bed and two walls of windows with a panoramic view of both the US and Canadain falls. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. yes it did not have the newest bedspread pattern. But that is not what we came here for - we came for the view and convienence - and we got more than we could have hoped for!
P.S. Megan and Ted at the front desk were extremely helpful and nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All New Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls in Niagara Falls Canada is the ONLY boutique style Fallsview hotel in Niagara Falls. The view from its Fallsview hotel rooms is second to none, as it towers over the mighty Niagara Falls. If you're looking for shopping, dining, nightlife or entertainment, the location of The Oakes Hotel is perfect for you. Located in the heart of the Fallsview tourist district, right next door to Canada's largest casino - the Fallsview Casino Resort, the hotel is within walking distance to almost anything! How close is The Oakes Hotel to the brink of Niagara Falls? Just a quick ride down the incline railway (located right in front of the hotel), and you're there in 5 minutes. The Oakes Hotel is always the best value, and the Gourmet Getaway couple's package is the perfect Niagara Falls hotel package deal for couple's looking for some time away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakes Hotel Overlooking Falls
- Oakes Hotel Niagara Falls