2,169 results
All reviews clifton hill tower room casino niagara pool and hot tub attractions falls package fireworks
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2008

Whitehorse, Yukon, August 30/08

I grew up in Ontario. I have lived in the Yukon for 35 years. I wanted to take my granddaughter to Niagara Falls.
My granddaughter and I stayed here for 2 nights. The rooms were clean. When we arrived they gave us a room out in the courtyard. We had a few pieces of baggage. We had to carry them up flights of stairs, because they were a little heavy we had to make a few trips up and down the stairs. They offered no help at all. We had to do this again when we left. I did a fair amount of travelling with my late husband and we never had to carry our luggage. You couldn't even use the luggage carts because of the staris. They weren't exactly friendly either. Parking was $10 a night. They should change the arrival time. When you fly into Toronto at 6 am and then drive to Niagara falls you would like to have your room before 3 in the pm. They don't even have a room where you could store your luggage until you can check in. I don't think I would stay there again. Other than the hotel we had a good time. Including going for supper at the revolving restaurant and watching the fire works from there.

Reviewed August 15, 2008

This is the 3rd time I've stayed at this hotel. We booked a tower room again and we're very pleased. They only thing that needs to improve is the front desk attendant Lindsay. She was very rude at check in and check out during our last stay in July, and I gave her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she was having a bad day. When I checked in this time it was the exact thing. Lindsay has a lack of customer service skills. If you don’t enjoy your job, find something that you do enjoy. Your first impression of a hotel starts at the front desk, and I would think the Days Inn Clifton Hill would not want their customers to have this as their first impression of their hotel. That’s the only bad thing I can say about my stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Wheelieover
Reviewed August 14, 2008

I would not recommend this motel. We stayed in the "Tower" section.

The first problem was Lindsay, who was the desk clerk when we arrived. She was very unpleasant and acted like she was terribly put out that she had to wait on us. She never made eye contact and was obviously irritated the entire time. We have never traveled out of the USA and were unfamiliar with the form we needed to sign. She treated us like we were stupid when we asked a question. It wasn't a nice welcome to Niagara Falls.

I really expected more from a Days Inn. It was the absolute bare minimum - beds to sleep in. What happened to the basic items you always have access to in a motel room? There was no iron in the closet, no pen and paper in the desk drawer. There were three full sized towels for four people to shower the next morning. There was ONE motel sized bottle of shampoo for FOUR people. ?? No conditioner, no lotion. These are things that we've always gotten in even the most basic of hotels, even the $69 a night ones. I expected at least that much for $120 a night.

While it looked "surface clean", it was not. The windowsills were filthy (perhaps they think that no one will pull the curtains back) and it was obvious that no vacumning is ever done other than the main walk area. That was true in the hallways as well. The floor in the ice room (which is only on certain floors - there is not an ice maker on every floor) was very dirty. It made us wonder if our sheets were really clean.

One pack of regular coffee that serves TWO people - for a FOUR person booking. And ONE packet of sweetener.

We went through multiple keys - we would get back to the room and find that none of the keys worked. We would go back down to the desk, be given another key without so much as a "sorry", only to find that THAT key didn't work either. We made several trips to the front desk because our keys would not work. When you have walked all over and toured all day, it's not pleasant to not be able to get into your room and have to traipse back down to the desk. Once is understandable. But this was several times.

The pillows - the worst I've ever had in a motel. We aren't that picky about such things, but these were really bad.

No towels in the pool area - all three nights that we used the pool. We never took the precious three that we got in the room to the pool because we needed them for showers the next morning. So after getting out of the pool and discovering there are no towels on the shelves, we would have to walk, dripping, out to the front desk and ask for towels. And then stand and wait while someone went and got some and brought them down.

The paper towels in the lobby bathroom were empty one morning. I had to use toilet paper to dry my hands. Those are huge rolls in those dispensers - that isn't something that just suddenly runs out. Isn't anyone checking that it is getting low?

Like I said, I expected a lot more from a Days Inn. I will never stay in one again. After I booked, I had a couple of questions about the specific property. So I called the Days Inn 800 number. After a wait of 22 minutes, a customer service representative finally came on the line and in the course of our conversation told me that the "Tower" in this Days Inn was actually designed after a 4 star hotel and it is considered the nicest Days Inn in Canada. And I fell for it. I won't make that mistake again.

Reviewed July 15, 2008

When we arrived the room was suppose to be non-smoking but it was obvious that it was a smoking room, the hotel offered to fumigate the room while we were out. Since the view from our room was a nasty alley I decided to pay extra and move to a room on the front side of the hotel with a view of Clifton Hill, which by the way was also "smokey". The room was smokey but better since it had a balcony. Again the hotel offered to fumigate while we were out. The room was very deem, not enough lights. When I woke up the next morning there were ants in my bed as if I was in their bed. I reported it to the front desk and all they had to say was that ants come in through the balcony and they ask if we had food in the room. I’ve never been to a hotel that you can’t eat in the room, but ok. Anyway, the hotel location was great!!! If you want to be right in the action of Clifton Hill and close to Niagara Falls the location was great.

Date of stay: June 2008
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Well to start off the hotel was in perfect location only half a block from clifton hill, Niagara casino was right across the street..

They have there own shuttle to take you down to the falls..

the whole tv thing in the room yea you only get 8 channels but your on vacation who watches tv when there is so much to do and see..

The room was clean the hotel staff was pleasant the whole time we were there..

Yes parking is $10 dollars a day but we stayed 5 nights and they only charged us $20 for parking not $50...

Also we booked a 2 double bed room because it was cheaper until we got there and checked in and they offered us a room with a king sized bed for the same price...

It was a awesome anniversary week with my wife..

Last but not least Niagara falls beer gardens you got to go there for great nights of karaoke..

the only bad thing about the whole place is dont use the phone we made a few toll free calls from the room and we were charged $12.00 for using the phone..

We are going back to the days inn for Sept Long weekend

Date of stay: July 2008