I would not recommend this motel. We stayed in the "Tower" section.
The first problem was Lindsay, who was the desk clerk when we arrived. She was very unpleasant and acted like she was terribly put out that she had to wait on us. She never made eye contact and was obviously irritated the entire time. We have never traveled out of the USA and were unfamiliar with the form we needed to sign. She treated us like we were stupid when we asked a question. It wasn't a nice welcome to Niagara Falls.
I really expected more from a Days Inn. It was the absolute bare minimum - beds to sleep in. What happened to the basic items you always have access to in a motel room? There was no iron in the closet, no pen and paper in the desk drawer. There were three full sized towels for four people to shower the next morning. There was ONE motel sized bottle of shampoo for FOUR people. ?? No conditioner, no lotion. These are things that we've always gotten in even the most basic of hotels, even the $69 a night ones. I expected at least that much for $120 a night.
While it looked "surface clean", it was not. The windowsills were filthy (perhaps they think that no one will pull the curtains back) and it was obvious that no vacumning is ever done other than the main walk area. That was true in the hallways as well. The floor in the ice room (which is only on certain floors - there is not an ice maker on every floor) was very dirty. It made us wonder if our sheets were really clean.
One pack of regular coffee that serves TWO people - for a FOUR person booking. And ONE packet of sweetener.
We went through multiple keys - we would get back to the room and find that none of the keys worked. We would go back down to the desk, be given another key without so much as a "sorry", only to find that THAT key didn't work either. We made several trips to the front desk because our keys would not work. When you have walked all over and toured all day, it's not pleasant to not be able to get into your room and have to traipse back down to the desk. Once is understandable. But this was several times.
The pillows - the worst I've ever had in a motel. We aren't that picky about such things, but these were really bad.
No towels in the pool area - all three nights that we used the pool. We never took the precious three that we got in the room to the pool because we needed them for showers the next morning. So after getting out of the pool and discovering there are no towels on the shelves, we would have to walk, dripping, out to the front desk and ask for towels. And then stand and wait while someone went and got some and brought them down.
The paper towels in the lobby bathroom were empty one morning. I had to use toilet paper to dry my hands. Those are huge rolls in those dispensers - that isn't something that just suddenly runs out. Isn't anyone checking that it is getting low?
Like I said, I expected a lot more from a Days Inn. I will never stay in one again. After I booked, I had a couple of questions about the specific property. So I called the Days Inn 800 number. After a wait of 22 minutes, a customer service representative finally came on the line and in the course of our conversation told me that the "Tower" in this Days Inn was actually designed after a 4 star hotel and it is considered the nicest Days Inn in Canada. And I fell for it. I won't make that mistake again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn Niagara Falls Clifton Hill Casino is an oasis of comfort and charm, directly across the street from the excitement of Casino Niagara. It's also only steps from Clifton Hill and the entertainment district of Niagara Falls, and a few minutes to the actual Falls and Niagara Parks attractions. This boutique-style hotel has a warm, distinctively Canadian ambience. Amenities include an elegant sky-lit pool & whirlpool, temperature controlled underground parking, high-speed elevators, and your choice of tower & courtyard rooms. Many of the rooms at the Days Inn Niagara Falls also offer balconies or terraces. Jacuzzi suites are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Days Inn - Niagara Falls Clifton Hill Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Clifton Hill Hotel Niagara Falls
- Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino
- Days Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Days Inn