Days Inn - Niagara Falls Clifton Hill Casino
  • Breakfast included
$111
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$60
$151
$111
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
$81
$102
$93
  • Fitness center
Great Wolf Lodge(Niagara Falls)
$275
$137
$116
  • Breakfast included
1,852 results
All reviewsclifton hilltower roompool and hot tubcasinofallsattractionspackagefireworks

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Okay everyone, I just got back from a 3-night stay at this property as part of a "package" deal. Here's the scoop:

Location: PERFECT if you want to walk to EVERYTHING in Clifton Hill (generally speaking, it's where you want to be with kids (i.e. mini-golf, pirate's cove/dave and buster's, ferris wheel, waterpark, maid of the mist, etc.) in less than 2-5 minutes (the hotel is directly across the street from the rear of Clifton Hills Casino AND the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark (which is attached to Crowne Plaza. The Hard Rock restaurant, KFC, etc. and Hershey store are also in this building).

Hotel Itself: As a frequent traveler who likes to "give the benefit of the doubt" and "keep an open mind" with the lodging (I like budget/family-friendly deals, so I often take risks on where to stay - i.e. priceline, hotwire, etc.) - YES, the hotel could use renovations and upgrades, especially the carpet in the hallways. However, I felt the room was generally comparable to what you might expect at a basic Best Western, or general Inn/Hotel. We stayed in a King Room with jacuzzi tub in the tower section and didn't have issues with hot water and the furniture was simple and comfortable. If you want DoubleTree/Hilton/Sheraton standard rooms, you just have to pay for it - it won't be here and it'll be a long walk if you want Clifton Hill convenience! Again, when you're going budget-friendly, you're gonna have to compromise on something. The indoor pool and hot tub were fine and they had 24-hour coffee down in the lobby area. I found this hotel to be really convenient to everything we wanted while we were there and I liked the location. btw: the WEGO bus stop is less than 30 seconds walking from the hotel and is on the blue line.

Customer Service: Generally, I got the feeling that everyone likes to keep it "to-the-point." However, I felt like if I had a question or needed more information, everyone was friendly and definitely helpful! Jeremy definitely gets an A++ in friendliness and dealing with customer service issues. He was able to get us an upgrade when requested, was knowledgeable in how to get places, and answered all our questions, despite the pressures of other customers waiting in line.

The "PACKAGE" Deal: For a 3-night stay, we did 2 dinners at Remington's, and did breakfast at Applebee's all 3 mornings. It was great because both are right down the stairs and we thought the price was fair for what we got (about $400, including parking). However, if you like to experience other locations for meals, just do dinner at Remington's one night - remember, the casino and other eateries are just down the street. As for the Seneca Casino vouchers - the casino is on the NY side of the Falls - we were able to take a nice after-dinner walk over Rainbow Bridge - and up about 3 blocks - to the NY side to use the vouchers on 2 nights (about 25 minutes walking there and back - faster than driving due to traffic). If you're going to use the wine tasting vouchers - you MUST drive (we didn't know this and took the WEGO to Niagara-On-The-Lake and realized it was too far from the stop to walk). But if you do take the bus, use at least 1 voucher at the wine store Peller-Trius has there (they honor 1 voucher if you ask - Christina was awesome!).

All-In-All: We did a lot of price comparisons (while in Niagara Falls) and this is by far one of the better deals if you are bringing kids and/or need a good location for activities (with an indoor pool and meal package). You can pay more and stay on the other side closer to Horseshoe Falls and have a view, but you're going to have to take the bus or walk A LOT to get to the stuff over in Clifton Hills. So, I'd say it's not the perfect place for a romantic getaway unless you're okay with a "basic" room and want to spend most of the day out and about (again, dinner at Remington's is good and a romantic drive up to Niagara On The Lake for the wineries would be nice, finishing up winning some money with the casino vouchers if you get the package). This is definitely where we'll stay with the kids when we go back again.

Hope this was helpful and enjoy your stay in Niagara Falls.

Room Tip: From what I hear, tower rooms are better. The family rooms do have 3 beds (2 queens and a roll-a-way bed), in addition to a mini-fridge and mini-microwave.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The first room we were put in had an odour of stale feet. A fortunate occurrence was that our key stopped working and we were moved to a better room that didn't smell as bad. The downside is that the bed was extremely uncomfortable, the room was poorly lit, the toilet didn't work properly, the jacuzzi tub shook the whole room and there was no sound protection from anything. I could hear everything that happened in the neighbouring rooms - cell phones ringing, conversations, trips to the toilet, showers, stomping kids, etc. I could hear every car that passed in the several adjacent streets, and in a busy city like Niagara Falls you DEFINITELY need some shelter from the noise.

Additionally, I would not recommend this to families. Because of its price-point and location, you'll see plenty of rowdy, drunken tourists sitting in front of their motel rooms drinking and cat-calling. I chose to walk through the parking lot instead of along the walkway in front of the rooms because it was poorly list and made me feel unsafe.

Did I mention the brown water that came out of the jacuzzi tub? Because that was mildly unpleasant. The water ran brown for about two minutes before it started running clear and the jacuzzi motor was probably loud enough to make the neighbouring rooms feel uncomfortable.

I won't bother to mention the incredibly outdated decor or the fact that every room in the hotel could use new drywall and a coat of paint out of bear necessity.

The best part is that the staff were quick to respond to complaints and as accommodating as possible.

Overall, this place ranks in the "crash pad for a night you're not going to remember anyways" category. It's incredibly inexpensive and conveniently located a hundred meters from the Casino and Clifton Hill.

Room Tip: Only choose a room here if budget and location are the ONLY important things in your trip.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel at best is mediocre, I booked through expedia, and was put in the motel, the front desk girl Samantha was very helpful and read my hotel confirmation which clearly stated 2 queen tower suite, so Samantha was very helpful and switched us into the main building, also told me about a special promo they had going on with dinner and casino and wine tastings. DINNER WAS EXCELLENT!!!! the Casino was great, and who doesn't lose wine! I came down to ask a few questions and there was a new girl at the desk Erin, she was very dismissive, i had one problem and she cut me off when explaining it, and then i needed directions and she sent us in the wrong direction. at check out Tina and Jeremy were wonderful, very friendly and informative, even printed us a map so we made it to our destination without any issues. I would consider coming back based on most of the staff alone. Erin Almost ruined our vacation with her dismissive attitude.
Thank you to the rest of the staff for a pleasant vacation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We where okay with the room we recieved, except the fact that they gave us only 2 pillows per bed, which not to mention where already paper thin. we we had asked front desk for more but claimed they where out of pillows and had to wait for the next shipment. seeing as there where 2 of us in each bed, we found it difficult to be comfortable with only 1 pillow per person.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family