“good location, not the cleanest though”

Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane
Ranked #89 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 27, 2007

We booked in advance through expedia, we were told no guarentees for a smoking room or any other requests, howver the staff at the desk we very friendly and helpful and quick to try to accomodate my requests. They were going to move us into the main building tower (where i believe the rooms are bigger and nicer and more expensive than the $65 I paid) but I specifically asked for a balcony looking toward the little park across the parking lot so I could watch the kids playing from our balcony. The park however is an old metal playground, and the kids couldnt even slide down the metal slides! The mini-golf that is also there (with a dairy queen) was closed for cleaning.
The maintenence staff reported to our room promply upon our arrival to hook up our air conditioner and was very friendly. We had no cabel TV but that didnt matter considering the outings we had planned. We had the impression they do not use the wing we were on very much (perhaps only overflow) as it was not as clean as i would like it, however, the front desk did try to get me a nicer room, but I had just declined. We went mini golfing across the road (great!) and then went to the outlet mall across the other street..also great!
The pool and hot tub at the hotel was great for the kids, they really liked it and we spent lots of time in there. We enjoyed the free Dennys breakfast (on site) the next morning..overall we were happy and recommend this hotel to others ( but- DO stay in the tower :)
The hotel is no longer a Days inn...its called the Inn at lundys.
very nice staff with lots of great smiles!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank spudjt
There are newer reviews for Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane

Reviewed October 20, 2006

My family and I went to Canada from Oct 13th to Oct 22nd 2006. We stayed at the Days Inn on Lundy Lane in Niagara Falls Canada. It was my worst nightmare. The room wasn't clean, and wasn't vacuumed daily. When we came back from a day at the Falls the beds were not made and there were no clean towels or washcloth. When we call the front desk, we were told that the maintenance would come out to make up the beds. We declined.
The heating / air conditioner unit didn't work, there was peeling paint on the window sill.The people at the front desk were very short in their responses and did not appear willing to help.
I would not recommend this hotel.

Wesley and Patricia Dargan

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nija/pat
Reviewed September 18, 2006

This was a quick, one-night stay while we were passing through Niagara Falls on the way to our destination. Apparently there are 2 Days Inn Hotels in Niagara Falls, this one was not very close to "the falls". Luckily we had a car, as the hotel was about a 10 minute drive from most of the attractions. We wanted to enjoy as much of Niagara Falls in the short time that we had there, so we barely spent any time in our room. If I were planning on spending more time in the area, I'd probably find another hotel that was closer to the attractions. It was clean and comfortable, but nothing spectacular. The AC worked fine, but you had to turn it on yourself, so the room was pretty hot and humid when we first got there... and we were expecting a hotel room, it was actually a drive-up motel room that we ended up with. Make sure you pay attention to how much you're being charged when you check out!! We were quoted one price online, but we were charged almost $50 more at the front desk. It was a good thing I had my online receipt... otherwise I would have been stuck with a higher bill.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie L
Reviewed September 1, 2006

I would suggest not staying here. It is very far from the Falls and if you miss the shuttle; too bad! The OK part is that it is walking distance from the outlet mall. The housekeeping did a good job cleaning but the room is so OLD! Days Inn is a large chain hotel and SHOULD NOT have this one as part of theirs as it makes it bad for the other hotels. It needs a COMPLETE renovation!! And to charge for parking??? That is absurd!!! Will not be staying there again!!!!

Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed July 19, 2006

We didn't like the room for amount of money we paid because of the following:
The washrooms weren't clean.
Some lights weren't working.
Charged for local calls without any notice.
Big spiders on our beds.
No fridge & microwave.
And lastly we had to park our car far from the room.

Knowing the name Days inn we accepted a lot but it didn't meet the standard.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank knvm
Reviewed August 11, 2005

I just came back from my vacation in Niagara for two nights. I booked it through a package deal offered through my car association. The room was simple but clean. During our stay the weather was hot and our AC was working. We got entertainment passes when we arrived valued at $35 each, I do not know if it was the hotel who was giving it because it was not included in our package. My nephews loved the 24hour Dennys and the Dairy Queen next door. I found the shuttle service should be offered before 4pm. We had to take a taxi if we wanted to get Clifton hill earlier and the last shuttle was always full to the point that people were standing. It is a no frills hotel ok if you have kids and are not looking for luxury. We enjoyed our stay but then again we were always out. I would recommend the hotel for people on a budget who do not need the frills.

• Stayed: August 2005
3  Thank livingthelife8
A TripAdvisor Member
Kitchener, Ont
Reviewed August 11, 2005

My girlfriend and i planned a girls weekend away. (the guys went out of town) so we booked a room here at the days Inn. We thought it wouldnt be too bad as it cost us $135.00 a night cdn. What a rip off. The room was not clean, and this was in the renovated section of the hotel.. yeah right. The beds were flat hurt your back it was not a good stay. never will book a room here again.

Stayed: June 2005