“Dirty!”

Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
london, ontario
“Dirty!”
Reviewed July 17, 2005

Got a room in the old part of this hotel. Air conditioner wasn''t on when we arrived on a very hot day! Wierd smelling room. Tried to open curtains and the rod broke so the curtain was hanging. Patio door wouldn't open and the beds were so old with pillows as flat as a pancake. Called the Sheraton on fallsview Blvd. to see if they had a room for that night cause we couldn't stand to spend the night here!

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank suezyq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed April 30, 2005

Hello

For the first time in our lives, my girlfriend and I went to Niagara Falls. We were in toronto for the weekend and decided to extend our vacation to Niagara Falls. We picked up a flyer in Toronto containing Niagara Hotels. We booked a room online the day before at an internet café in Toronto. The price was cheap and it was one of the only hotels vacant. The room we booked stated it was a couryard view. We thought that it would be nice but when we got there, we were placed at the back of the hotel facing the parking lot and Dairy Queen. The air conditioner was leaking and noisy. Other guests were also noisy. The bathroom was very small and the decor of the room was an eyesore. We did not complain to the staff. We were supposed to stay two nights but only stayed one after seeing other hotels closer to the falls that were not advertised in the brochure we got in Toronto. Finally, we booked our second night at the Sheraton on the Falls, which we did not regret at all!!!

• Stayed June 2003
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2004

I planned a mini vacation for our family, for the long weekend. I called a number that was for Niagra Hospitality, they booked hotels for Days Inn. I know I called last minute, The man on the phone had 2 hotels available at very differant prices. I chose the less expensive one.* Each night was $179 can. I asked the man for a NON smoking room, with a balcony, I was told the room was in the "courtyard garden", sounded nice,!!!! the falls where 2 minute walking distance, free parking, coffee in lobby, tv with sattelite and movies, telephone in room and much more!

When we arrived at the hotel, we went to check in, The "courtyard garden" turned out to be facing the parking lot, they had a smoking room reserved for us, the parking was$ 7.00 a day, no coffee in the lobby, when we got to our room, The bathroom was so small I could not even turn around in there, the sink was in the room. The room had a smell, This so called tv with satalite, did not work. Out of the 10 channels9 of them did not work, and the 1 channel the worked came on and off. I wanted to use the phone, it was not working, why!!!! the phone had no jack on the end of the wire, and if that was not bad enough, the towels hanging up where dirty!!!! The falls were also about 3 miles away. We went down to the desk to tell them, we were going to check out that same night, the lady told us we will be charged anyways, after awhile we ended up staying there for that night, the next morning we checked out!!!!! I learned my lesson, I will never book again on the phone, the people on the other end, do not tell you exactly what you are getting, it seems they like to add a few things in to get you interested.
We ended up at another hotel for less expensive, free parking, non smoking, right in front of the excitment with a balcony facing the street. Our vacation ended up to be great!!!!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 2, 2004

I have read some of the reviews on here, and I have to disagree, I am sure these problems happen, but I have not had 1 unpleasent experience in the 6 times I have stayed at this hotel in the past year. I found the last time I stayed at this hotel in June was even better, it seemed there was staff changes that were even better than before. I have always stayed in the tower part of the hotel and never had a problem. Granted the rooms are not huge, but for the amount of time you spend in your room how big do you really need it?

Thanks

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Conneaut, OH
Reviewed July 31, 2004

My wife and I decided to go to Niagara Falls for our 5th Anniversary. We reserved a double bed, non-smoking room via the telephone. When we arrived at the hotel, they informed us that we were reserved a double bed, smoking room. We wanted a non-smoking room, so we had to pay a $40.00 upgrade, which of course we fell for. Taking the $40 upgrade it was supposed to be a queen bed, non smoking. We also wanted to pay some cash and then put some on our credit card. We asked the front desk woman if we put some money down, when we checked out could we put most of it on our credit card and then get the remainder of our money back that was over paid. She said no problem, but it would be Canadian Currency. We agreed. When we arrived to our room it was alarmingly small, and also only had a double bed. We decided not to complain that we would make the best of it. That night around 3 am the fire alarm was sounding, thank goodness!! Our roof was leaking, and it was leaking near our portable radio and digital camera. They don't even know why the alarm was going off!! They then moved us to another room on the same floor. The room was a whole lot better. When we checked out, we got a 10% discount for the fire alarm (which was deserved), but they didn't discount or even apologize for our dripping ceiling. Then to top it off, the front desk lady (same one that checked us in) said that we couldn't put more than the balance owed on the credit card, meaning we couldn't get our cash back. She said she misunderstood us. This place is the worst. Thanks for ruining our Anniversary!!! This hotel is worse than Terrible!

• Stayed July 2004
5 Thank jasonandchristi
Reviewed July 22, 2004

The first room that we stayed in Stunk so bad we asked for another room. The second room had mold on the ceiling and they tried to paint the sink to make it look better, but the paint was peeling and it made it look worse. They charged $8.00 a night for parking which was supose to include a shuttle that didn't start running until 4pm, so we had to drive down to the Falls and pay for parking again! The pool they have was like swimming in a big hot tub. We stayed from 6-23-2004 to 6-26-2004

• Stayed July 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2004

I will never again stay at The Days Inn Lundy's Lane. We were quoted a price with a confirmation number over the reservations line and was told that we would get non-smoking rooms with queen beds. When we arrived there, we were quoted a different price and were given smoking rooms. We argued with the lady at the front desk, who then lied to us and told us that the manager couldn't be contacted. When we told her that we were not going to stay there, she then informed us that we would have to pay for the first night's stay even if we didn't stay there. We were told over the reservations line that the cancellation fee was $25 per room, which would have been $50 in our case.

We finally got the room situation resolved by telling them that we would stay the first night. After we got our rooms, the room service was not so good. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here. After a long drive, who would want to put up with a lot of hassles and lies.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member