“Very Unsatisfied.”

Ranked #31 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Very Unsatisfied.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I am extremely disappointed in my stay at the Days Inn. They bill you more than what is discussed or mentioned on their site. Would not provide a receipt and ignored the complaints.

I will never stay in a Days Inn again. This was a very unpleasant misleading stay. I suggest everyone stay away from this hotel as they will charge you for extra costs that were not mentioned. Or, if on business and you require WiFi GOOD LUCK, signal is open and very weak could not even get a strong connection!

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel at all. Search the web you will see 100's of complaints on them...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Katherine K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Niceville FL
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Basic accommodations OK, but most details missing. No refrig. No microwave. No ironing board [room had an iron just nothing to use it on] Hand towels vs bath towels. Faucet in tub broken, loose, and hard to use. Printed TV listings were wrong. TV remote worn out, difficult to use. Limited TV channels. "Local" news and weather were from Vancouver, BC. Ice machine and snack machines only on first floor....none on other 4 floors.

Room Tip: Rooms in some other motel are better
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Niceville-Bill
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

What a great hotel :)
staff was nice, hotel was fine for family living, close enough to the main strip we could walk to and from and 5$ cab ride anywhere down town niagara falls area.
Staff was more than helpfull, with attractions, room needs or anything else.
The hotel was not too fancy that I was worried about my kids touching stuff. My room was clean. Pool was ok, nothing fancy (no slides... but wet ) The only under par I had was that the TV had almost no chanels... but whos in niagara to watch TV?
We walked to the main strip and the next day took a cab to maid of the mist.
Continental breakfast was perfect for me and the kids and Denny's right next door made everything easy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I was a first time visitor to Niagara Falls, and wanted a mid priced hotel that was clean and had wifi available in the rooms. I made phone calls to make sure there was wifi and that there waqs free parking at the hotel. At $160 a night that should have not been a problem. The rooms were clean, but very worn out and not remodeled as stated on their website. When I could not get wifi, I went to the desk to inquire about it. The manager was very rude and full of excuses. She told me it becasue I had an ipad, which was not what I had. When told that I could not access it with my phone either, and that I was picking up great signal from about twenty other hotels up and down the strip, she tried to tell me it was because their wifi was not secure. She was very misinformed and did not understand how wifi worked at all. She would have been better off saying it just didn't work. She then told I was rude for asking. I then asked why we were charged for the "free Parking" which was advertised on the website and of which I had a printed copy of the conversation with the booking agent online which claimed they had called and were told it was free as well as looking at their website claim. She did take off that charge and comped us a few bucks for the wifi, but the experience was poor. Then the continental breakfast was laughable. I wasn't expecting much and got even less. Coffee, donuts and bread in a bag was all that was left at 8:30 in the morning. The line snaked around the lobby and there were no tables to sit at in the breakfast area. It also was not real clean. The last disappointment was that the entire hotel had only 3 luggage carts that were falling apart and looked as if someone stole them from a neighboring hotels garbage pile. When checking out there were none of them left as they were being horded. The management said there was nothing they could do and we would just have to make multiple trips from our room to the unsecured gravel parking lot two blocks behind the hotel. They said tree luggage carst should have been enough for a full hotel with 159 rooms. I do not recommend this hotel and for a few dollars more would stay anywhere but here again.

Room Tip: ask upon check in for a room with wifi and then test it before you un pack. Also, leave car in parki...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank les0nechic
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This place is terrible. We found bed bugs in our room and all they did was comp one night. Very dirty hotel, condom wrappers from previous stays on the floor, bathroom fans in both rooms we had didn't work, dirty floors, sheets, bathtubs and more. DO NOT stay here!!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank heals1979
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Let me preface this by saying that I've stayed in some pretty cheap hotels. And I have never before walked out of one after seeing the room.

This hotel was by far the grossest thing I've seen in hospitality in a long time. We booked a king bed room with whirlpool.

Here are my grievances:
-The room reeked, and I mean REEKED of smoke, despite assurances that it was a non smoking room.
-The whirpool- which was about 10 feet from the bed- was the only bathing appliance in the room. It was a corner whirlpool surrounded by mirrors, with a handheld shower head at waist height. No shower curtain. No actual shower.
-No mini-fridge. You can't even rent one.
-The bathroom itself was about 3 feet x 5 feet. And that's being generous.
-The wood on the counter top was not wood, but laminate that was peeling at the edges.
-The carpets were stained and filthy, sticky in places. Yuck yuck yuck
-The bed might actually be from 1970. When I sat on the edge, it squeaked loudly like the springs were exhausted.
-And the final straw was the ceiling of mirrors over the bed. Ew! Are they serious with this? In fact there were more mirrors in this room than I've ever seen in a hotel room ever. It was tacky and gross.

There was nothing about this room that wasn't extremely tacky and/or dirty. I guess the hint should have been that there was an option to book a room with a heart-shaped red whirlpool- ha! After staying in the room for about 45 minutes, we packed our things back up and headed to the front desk to get our money back and get the heck out of there. I wish I had taken pictures.

I didn't take a look at the pool, but after reading other reviews, I'm really happy I didn't.

The Courtyard Marriott across the street was similarly priced and MUCH MUCH better. Same location, a world of difference in quality. After our experience at the Day's Inn, the average room seemed like heaven.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katieschmatie7
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

this hotel was clean and affordable. it was in the perfect location: not too close to all the action of Clifton Hill but only 2 blocks within walking distance of all the partying and attractions. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Niagara Falls. I was even able to buy the Adventure Pass to visit the 4 major attractions in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed September 2012