“affordable and great location”

Days Inn - Niagara Falls Near the Falls
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“affordable and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

this hotel was clean and affordable. it was in the perfect location: not too close to all the action of Clifton Hill but only 2 blocks within walking distance of all the partying and attractions. I would definitely stay here again when visiting Niagara Falls. I was even able to buy the Adventure Pass to visit the 4 major attractions in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Niskayuna, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed in this "hotel" during 2012 Labour Day weekend in Niagara Falls, Ontario. initially, it was not on my list due to recent reviews; however, due to late reservation, it was the best option for the timing and proximity to Clifton Hill attractions.

Pros:
1- Less than 2 minutes walking to Clifton Hill and Victoria Ave attractions.
2- Available parking (though not free)
3- Average continental breakfast, saved me the hassle of morning search for breakfast. You get yogurt, some muffins, toast and bagels with regular cheese. Coffee and juice. Not a variety per se, but I wanted to energize before my daily excursion :)

Cons:

1- Extremely, and I mean EXTREMELY, dirty floors. I am not particularly picky, but the carpets had A LOT of gooey stuff. My first thought was to head back to the reception and give them some of my thought...but I knew well that the whole Falls region was gridlocked for such a sunny, beautiful, long weekend. As such, I made sure we all walked in slippers while in room. However, to complete the picture, beds and bathroom were clean; I checked carefully for bed bugs under the sheets and the frame, and no mold in the bathtub. It is sad that I had to do it, but the sight of the carpet was sickening to say the least.

2- Very run down hotel in general, torn upholstery, wall papers that have some crayon scribble or so. Scratched disks and chairs...Mind you this is a 2.5 star hotel ! The corridors smelled like not aerated for years. It would smell relatively OK in the morning after the maids sprayed some air freshener, but by night time it is back to "normal".

3- I was surprised at check-in that I have to pay $10 daily for parking, although I "thought" I paid
everything already...fine print issues ! Again, I had no option but to comply especially that I paid upfront and any public parking in the area would cost me at least 20 daily. However, I do not like these fringe costs

4- Only two elevators serving the whole 6 floors hotel. I would not be picky on this one though; I feel it could be OK during normal season, but in such extreme peak, we had to wait 5 minutes a times.

5- The swimming pool smelled like a bath of Chlorine. It is an indoor pool with very poor aeration, made our swim a nearly tearful experience !

6- The room AC is a 1980's window unit - noise - and it died on us the first day. Calling front desk once, twice, and getting tough on the third (after one hour); they sent the maintenance guy who was really nice, replaced the unit with another one; and left a good thick dirt stain on the already dirty floor !

The Verdict: This is a very tricky hotel; the exterior facade is really nice and modernized; in total contrast with the run down interior. Its one and only advantage is the proximity to all attractions, which I appreciate as I wanted a break off daily driving. We enjoyed a great weekend indeed and did not allow the low quality to ruin our vacation. However, I will make sure I avoid this hotel at any cost in future. The only reason they got a "Poor" rather than "Terrible" is that I enjoyed my stay in the falls and would give them a partial credit for the clean beds and bathroom, only !

Room Tip: 1 - If you are not in a peak season; make sure to pick a clean room; this is not the "norm"...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mohammad A
Laval, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is perfect for my family. The rooms were clean and spacious. The location was great - walking distance to Clifton Hill and the Falls without being too close to the lights / noise. And the price was very reasonable.

Continental Breakfast was included (bagels, toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, donuts, juice, milk, tea, coffee). Not a fancy breakfast, but more than sufficient to start your day without breaking your budget.

This is not a new hotel and the corridors and elevators are starting to show their age. The main elevator is slow, but there is another at the rear of the property.

The rooms were well cleaned and very comfortable. There was a small exercise room and a decent (indoor) pool area which included the pool, hot tub, sauna and showers.

The only negatives I would point out is that you must pay the parking ($10 per day) and that the lot is small for the size of the hotel. The second lot is adjacent at the back of the property. Also there is only one ice machine near the lobby. We did not have any problem with going downstairs for ice, but some may find this annoying.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay and will stay here again (we = 2 adults + 2 kids).

Room Tip: This hotel still has smoking rooms. Make sure you request smoking or non-smoking as the case may be...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dominionite
Fremont, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

What ever you do never ever stay at this hotel. these people know nothing about customer service, When we checked in the lady at the desk refused to help us because she thought we were the big group scheduled to come in. However, we were just a group of four. So we went up to our room and our internet didn't work so we went back downstairs. Then the rude grumpy lady said that the internet not working was not there problem and then she was saying Apple products are bad.( I had an iPad) She stays that the firewall causes it not to connect. However, it was picking up the connection of the Courtyard across the street. However, we were still moved into another room near by. So we enter that room and the door is broken. IT DOESN'T lock so we went downstairs and the lady looked annoyed so she just told a maintenance guy to look at it. The guy came and tried to fix it but it still wouldn't work. So he went downstairs and told the lady that it is broken and she moved us into ANOTHER Room. When we went back up the guy had locked our stuff in the room. So we had to go back downstairs and ask the guy to open the door. After two hours of getting settled in we all were annoyed. The breakfast sucks. Just donuts,toast,cereal, juice

Also, DID I MENTION THAT THE ELEVATOR IS REALLY SLOW!!! EVERY TIME I GET ON IT IM SCARED THAT I WILL GET STUCK ON IT!!! DESPITE ALL THIS I STILL PAYED $100 per night.

Please go and stay at another hotel you will pay a bit more but will get service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Zaki K
Rockwood, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We only booked here because I had a gift card, and normally I'm not overly critical of a hotel, I know the difference between a 5star and what to expect from all the categories. But what leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth from a stay here is the value. The total price was $172 midweek for a king sized bed very run down room. They had an ancient radiator in the bathroom (wasn't in use) but was obviously covered in rust due to age and fact that it was placed right beside shower. The bathroom counter was the cheapest looking wood I've ever seen in a hotel. The room seemed to be a corner room so the bed was on an angle which was fine, but you could barely see the small tube tv since it was lined up straight to the wall. If the room had came with dinner vouchers and was half the price I wouldn't be writing this right now, I've stayed at over 20 hotels in Niagara, and this is by far the worst value I've ever gotten. But like I said, if you can find a way cheaper deal or better package, the location of the hotel is good, but out of over 130 hotels in Niagara, you're bound to find a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JayMc11
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

The hotel is old and need to be updated. The pool was dirty and rusty. The hot tub was also dirty. Breakfast was horrendous. They had 100 people in the hotel but food only for 20. Other hotels have free parking this one charges you 10 dollars per night. Over all this was a Garbage hotel and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank james l
Boisbriand, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was a very nice hotel, rooms we're very clean and comfortable. There was continental breakfast, which was also good. A short distance walk to the falls, but still close to everything. The whole family enjoyed themselves. Would return any time. Recommend it for sure, it was a great price considering that the breakfast was included.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family