We booked this hotel through Expedia and at the time of booking had the choice of many, as all reviews were similar for two star accommodation we decided to go with this one. We checked in at 12noon and the receptionist was very friendly he asked us if we wanted a ground floor room or a first floor room. We chose first floor to avoid the noise of other guests walking around above us. Overall the room was without odour and the carpets and curtains were of decent quality. There were one or two scuffs on the walls and the bathroom was dated but it was clean. The beds were clean and comfortable and the maid service was good, each day we were given clean towels, and the soaps, shampoo, tissues etc. were replenished. The only problem we had with the room was the TV channels were basic and we thought ten dollars a night to rent a fridge was over the top especially if guests are staying for more than a couple of nights. The continental breakfast was good consisting of coffee, fruit juice, cereal, porridge, diced fruit, brown or white toast, waffles and a selection of muffins and pastries. All were fresh, tasty and plentiful, for those who want a cooked breakfast there is a Tim Horton's and a family restaurant/café' selling cooked breakfast specials for around $2.99 across the street. There were times when it was a little noisy but this was Fri and Sat night. We put this down to people being on holiday having a late night. All of the time we stayed there we didn't feel unsafe or see anything which made us feel uncomfortable.
A car is needed to go to the falls as it is to far to walk, there is a bus going from Lundy's lane staff were helpful with times.
We have been spending our holidays taking road trips around the USA and Canada for twenty years and have stayed in hotels/motels owned by various chains. For the price we paid we would say this accommodation was value for money especially with free breakfast and parking. In the past we have paid more money for similar accommodation. We would recommend it for value
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests can enjoy comfortable guestrooms and convenient amenities such as an outdoor pool and free wireless internet at great low rates. We are just a short drive from a variety of attractions at the Howard Johnson Express Inn in Niagara Falls, Ontario. This motel is just minutes from Niagara Falls, Canada One Outlet Mall, Casino Niagara, Maid of the Mist boat tours as well as some of the area's best golf courses. Guests at the Howard Johnson will also enjoy a free continental breakfast every morning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn - Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Express Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson