If you really want to know what attractions to see in Niagara Falls DO NOT STAY in that hotel!!
Last weekend we went for a two-night stay to Niagara Falls with my family that was visiting from Europe. The night of our arrival the hotel receptionist sold us 4 Winter Magic Passes. Each included admission to: Niagara's Fury, Niagara's Butterfly Conservatory, and Journey Behind the Falls.The receptionist DID NOT mentioned however, that Butterfly Conservatory is CLOSED!! We found out about it as we were entering the Journey Behind the Falls the next day...
When we finally came back to the hotel around 5pm and ask the receptionist why he had not informed us that the Conservatory is closed he said that he had just come back from one-week vacation and he did not know...We found this to be a really poor explanation, considering the fact that (as we found out later) that place had been closed since January the 10th!! When we called a manager and ask for a refund they guy said that he cannot reimburse us as we used 2 out of 3 tickets on the pass....and that he does not always know whether or not different attractions are open....(If I was a Hotel Manager I would actually be ashamed to admit something like this...!!!) Then he said that instead of Conservatory we could go and see the Skylon Tower. When we told him that we had already been there that day and that we were leaving the next morning, they guy said that there was nothing he could do....
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT HOTEL!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one short block to the Top 10 best Clifton Hill Attractions and the mighty water Falls itself and just steps away from the Great Canadian Midway. The Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls is superbly located in the center of the Niagara Falls/Clifton Hill tourist district offering you an incredible selection of restaurants and shopping adventures. The Niagara Falls Howard Johnson Hotel By The Falls is a 3 Key-Green Certified family-oriented full-service hotel that offers you wonderful Niagara Falls Hotel Accommodations consisting of 198 newly renovated spacious guest rooms including Family Suites, Whirlpool Guest Rooms and Traditional 2-Queen Bedded Guest Rooms, as well as our Balcony Rooms overlooking all the action below along the Clifton Hill District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson