We booked our stay at this hotel via the internet reservations website. The day before we arrived we contacted the hotel by phone to confirm our reservations. We were repeatedly placed on hold for extended periods of time. When we finally spoke to a representative they had us booked for a standard room instead of the jacuzzi room. Two subsequent calls finaly corrected the problem. Each call was answered by a different person. I am fortunate that I confirmed the reservations the day before otherwise I feel we may have had issues when we arrived. I traveled with my wife and six year old son.
We visit Niagra Falls once a year and have stayed at this particual Howard Johnson on two previous occassions without problems. Upon arrival the front desk clerk checked us in quickly and effeciently. The room rates are reasonable. The room/property was clean and we had no issues during our two night stay. We did call the front desk to ask about the free pay-per view movie ordering process. They promptly advised they would send up a person to help right away. We cancelled the request after figuring out how to order the movie. Their prompt response to this minor issue was appreciated. The maids cleaned the room and restocked towels daily. The in room hot tub was clean and large. The room even had a fireplace. Our son loved the hot tub. The first floor pool/hot tub area was clean and fun. On premise parking is eight dollars per day. It is a small price to pay for parking convenience at this busy tourist destination. Be aware thay you may not find a parking space if you leave and return during the late evening hours. The parking lot fills quickly. The only real complaint we have is with the Denny's restaurant next door that is apparently affiliated with this hotel. The service is slow and the waiters/waitresses are not customer orientated. The food can only be described as bland tasting and overpriced.
Another problem free vist to Howard Johnson Hotel on Victoria Avenue Niagra Falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one short block to the Top 10 best Clifton Hill Attractions and the mighty water Falls itself and just steps away from the Great Canadian Midway. The Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls is superbly located in the center of the Niagara Falls/Clifton Hill tourist district offering you an incredible selection of restaurants and shopping adventures. The Niagara Falls Howard Johnson Hotel By The Falls is a 3 Key-Green Certified family-oriented full-service hotel that offers you wonderful Niagara Falls Hotel Accommodations consisting of 198 newly renovated spacious guest rooms including Family Suites, Whirlpool Guest Rooms and Traditional 2-Queen Bedded Guest Rooms, as well as our Balcony Rooms overlooking all the action below along the Clifton Hill District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson