We have a small blind dog who needs medication so we decided to bring her with us on our trip for my birthday. We chose the howard johnson because it's supposedly pet friendly. We got into our room with no problem other than the front desk wanted to see the dog before check in to prove that she was less than 20 pounds. We had to pay $20 a day for her ( don't really understand why as she wasn't taking up any extra room and she was in a room we were already paying for, seems like a money grab to me) We got into the room and the TV was fuzzy for the video games. We tried to call the front desk about this and no one answered twice. We decided to go out for the evening and when we returned at about 1 am I dropped a glass on the floor and the glass went everywhere. My boyfriend went down to the front desk to have someone come up to clean or get a vacuum at the very least ( we tried to call but again no one answered) after a little while of him not returning i called down and finally got someone and i was rudely told (and interrupted mid sentence) that it was being taken care of. A few minutes later my boyfriend came in with a broom. A broom for cleaning up glass on a carpet. At this point i went down to the front desk to tell them they needed to do better than that. The guy behind the desk could not have cared less about our situation or the fact that we had a small dog. Obviously glass on the floor is a hazard to us and our dog. we kept asking him for a vacuum to clean up the mess, even saying that we would clean it up (most hotels i have stayed in send someone up when anything like that happens) and he just kept telling us that it was against hotel policy to run a vacuum at that time even thought it was a friday night and there was no one staying in the room below us. I then asked him how he would feel if there was broken glass behind the desk and he had to walk on that all night, and he said he would have the police escort me out as if i was threatening him. He then told us to keep the dog on the bed for the rest of the night. In my opinion that was not fixing the situation as we would have had to keep walking around with the glass everywhere and i don't sleep with shoes on. What if it was a small child and not a dog? Would we have still been treated with a rude nonchalant attitude about the situation? After i became extremely upset he finally said he would move our room. Which I suppose fixed the problem, however we had to pack up everything at 1 am and move
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one short block to the Top 10 best Clifton Hill Attractions and the mighty water Falls itself and just steps away from the Great Canadian Midway. The Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls is superbly located in the center of the Niagara Falls/Clifton Hill tourist district offering you an incredible selection of restaurants and shopping adventures. The Niagara Falls Howard Johnson Hotel By The Falls is a 3 Key-Green Certified family-oriented full-service hotel that offers you wonderful Niagara Falls Hotel Accommodations consisting of 198 newly renovated spacious guest rooms including Family Suites, Whirlpool Guest Rooms and Traditional 2-Queen Bedded Guest Rooms, as well as our Balcony Rooms overlooking all the action below along the Clifton Hill District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson