“frist time at niagara falls havent been there for awhile”

Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls
Ranked #19 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
TORONTO
“frist time at niagara falls havent been there for awhile”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

its a average hotel for the stay u need . but it needs a bigger tv , and if poosible bigger towels. it is a great place to stay and walk to the activities and and walk to the falls too
it has a pizza hut kfc and baskin robins on site for a quick dessert before haeding to ur room .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HJ Manager, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your input and your perspective. We hope that overall you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Hebrew first
Rochester
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We would have stayed both nights at the Howard Johnson if we hadn't stopped at Days Inn first! HoJo's was sooo much nicer and no harsh odors to deal with. Being asthmatic, I appreciate clean/soft odor zones.

Only one complaint --- my husband went swimming and relaxed a bit in the hot tub..... big mistake! apparently the chemicals weren't up to par and he ended up with a severe ear infection. Such a bad end to a rather delightful anniversary weekend.

We will stay again, but probably will not enjoy the water.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for the compliments. I am sorry to hear your husband had an issue with the hot tub. By ministry standards it is checked multiple time daily to ensure the proper treatment. We hope to see you on your next trip for the whole stay. Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson.
HOLLAND CENTRE
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have to say we loved the beds.... very comfortable mattresses. The only downside was that we ordered a room with a balcony and I expected it to be nicer. I expected at least a couple of plastic outdoor chairs to sit on. Not worth the extra money to get a balcony. Plus the patio door had no screen? Other than that the motel is in a great location with a deicious Pizza Hut attached to it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HJ Manager, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for the compliments - we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the comforts of your room. We appreciate hearing your perspective regarding the balconies and will take your suggestion under consideration. Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson for your accomodation needs.
VARNA
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here with my girl on the weekend for her birthday and we had a fantastic time. The hotel was excellent overall. Service was great although we didn't need anything really. Rooms were very clean and classy. Shower could have been a little bigger but not bad. The outside appearance could use a overhaul but still looks good. The staff was great, very friendly. We didn't know we had a complimentary breakfast so that could have been told to us but other then that we have no complaints and plan on staying again someday!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

It is fantastic to hear that you had such a memorable stay overall. Thank you for the compliments to our staff and facilities, We hope to have you back again soon as our guests. Thank you for choosing Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls.
DUTTON
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Nice room, great size for a family. The balcony to step out on was and added bonus and we were able to watch the firework display over the falls. The bathroom is small for a family suite. Room needs to be updated with more bright colours very dull, dark colours making it not look overly clean. The pillows are awful. Had horrible nights sleeps and my hips and back was very sore for a few days after sleeping in these beds. Not sure if the pillow caused this or a combination of the two. This hotel definitely needs to look at getting new pillows as these ones have seen better days.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you were able to enjoy the view from our balcony room and the fireworks. I am sorry to hear that the night's rest was not as good, the pillows in the rooms have been updated recently I am sorry if they did not meet your expectations. We value our guests comments as to how we may improve our service, thank you.
North York, Ont
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed late Sat night for just one night. It was a great experience. No problem checking in. Front desk staff very nice. Room was decent size for 3 adults. Had two queen bed with queen pull out sofa. The beds were fine. I got the couch which was fine. Room was clean no issues with anything in the room. Would recommend for sure

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
HJ Manager, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased to hear that your stay was a pleasant one and hope to see you back again soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Worse experience ever!!!! We drove from Texas to the falls to celebrate my mother's 80th Birthday and my husbands return from war. I was just told I had Stage 2 Cancer..So this was a joyous and sad moment for my family. When we booked we booked with the understand we had a pet. When we arrived and picked up our keys my husband had our pet in his hand (no one was hiding him) The cleaning lady and other guests saw him..again we where not hiding him. At 11pm that evening we were interupted from sleep by front desk telling us we had to move because dogs were not allowed on this floor and that we would be charged $100 extra if we stayed in that room with our dog. When we went downstairs Braedon the night manager was rude and unhelpful but eventually realized his error and apologized and told both me and my sister that he would over look everything and would not charge me..Just got my bill and they charged me on a visa that was not suppose to be used because I paid with another and I can't get anyone at the hotel to talk to me to correct this...Worse Hotel EVER!!! Guaranteed my family and friends will never stay at this establishment..And I will make sure I write this experience and send to the edititorial of newspaper I can tell to made sure they everyone knows what kind of hotel this is. Looking forward to seeing what the VP, Louis Jaketic and Manager, Kevin Liddle have to say to me about this

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
HJ Manager, General Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Please accept my sincere apologies for the incident and any inconvenience you may have been caused. There was an error made by the agent checking you in at the time. Upon review of our security logs it was noted that the dog was present at the time of check in and the agent should have noticed the pet thus placing you in a pet friendly room. Had he done so at the time the whole issue could have been avoided. In speaking with you on the telephone we did advise you of our actions to rectify the matter hopefully to your satisfaction. As the management we accept full responsibility for the error as it was made by our staff. On behalf of the management and our staff let me apologize once more for any difficulties you endured during this stay. We do value you as a guest and hope that should you return to the area you would give us the opportunity to redeem ouselves of this unfortunate incident.