“Not what I expected”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #17 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I stayed here June 14th. We were trying to get a Fallsview room but there were none left. We had booked a package that included pizza&wings, Imax, breakfast - when I asked if there was anything they could do to compensate since we couldn't cancel without full room charges. The manager gave 2 for 1 breakfast - NICE since it was included in our package!!! What did we get? Nothing.

My two children loved the pool (mind you they love any pool) and the lifeguard provided waterwings for my son on June 14th. They were collected when the pool closed and the next morning (June 15th) when we went for our last swim we asked for the waterwings again. We were then told that they don't provide them - we have to buy them - what the....??? Overnight it changed??? Didn't we pay so much to stay here to get pampered - apparently not!

Don't get the IMAX package for the pizza - Terrible pizza! Not recommended.
I expected more with the Hilton name and was sadly mistaken! With the price we paid - we should have gotten more

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank trijo27

A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto
Reviewed June 20, 2006

I had to pick a hotel to stay at for a night at Niagara and ended up staying at the Hilton. I must say their suite rooms are probably the best I've seen!

Reviewed June 7, 2006

Hairs in the sink upon arrival
Stain on the ironing board transferred through onto shirt leaving oily stains
Cleaning supplies left behind in the room
Coffee cups wiped clean, not washed (dirty smudge in centre of bottom of cups)
Room cleaning late afternoon
TV remote control not functional
Coupons for in-hotel food bring prices back to reality
Nice room after upgrade
Desk clerk needs lesson in customer service
Desk manager complaisant

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank prniel
Reviewed June 4, 2006

We stayed at the Hilton for two nights over the Memorial Day holiday after 2 nights at the Marriott. Well the Hilton can not compare to the Marriott strictly due to location. However, as a Diamond member they upgraded uo to the 19th floor and a jacuzzi suite. The views were actually better than I expected. We had a nice view of the American Falls and a partial view of the Horseshoe Falls. Unfortunately a lot is blocked due to the casino. I would imagine a lower floor would not be very good at this hotel.

We found the service to be very good and overall the hotel to be very nice. I did park down the street a 1/2 block in the IMAX lot for $5.00 instead of the $20.00 at the hotel. We received free breakfast vouchers so the cost was not an issue but the buffet was very nice as well as the view.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again but realizing it just can not offer the spectacular views that others can.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank travelersK&W
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2006

We celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary at the Hilton May 25 through May 30, 2006. Although I requested and paid for the "Fallsview", it took my husband and I a day before we figured out we were in the right room, it's just that NONE of the pictures on the internet show the new casino that blocks a direct view to the falls. You can see the falls on both sides of the casino that was recently built in front of the hotel. However the main reason we were willing to pay so much for the room was for the unobstructed, misleading view we saw on all of the websites. This is not the hotel's fault and we realize that, they just need to ensure updated pictures are on the web. In spite of this we had a great time! The staff was awesome! They were very friendly and very helpful.. The only major complaint we had is housekeeping. Everyday after the rooms were cleaned it was almost comical the way the beds were made, it appeared a 5 year old was learning to make beds. The room was also exceptionally dusty and the bathroom was refresed with towels, but not cleaned. We were having such a good time that we chose not to formally complain. At the time it seemed trival, but after sharing with family and friends we realize it is unfortunate that we paid so much for the room and it was half-cleaned each day. By the last day I had began to sneeze (the dust) so it was a good thing we were leaving. I am submitting a formal complaint to the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 25, 2006

The Hilton Hotel in Niagara Falls was very nice. We had a package which included tickets to attractions and free breakfasts. It turned out to be a good deal. There was also a voucher for dinner for $75. The restaurant is on the 33rd floor which overlooks the falls. A lovely view and very elegant. The $75 dinner voucher really only covers one meal because the dinner menu is very pricey. Our room was very nice. The only complaint I would have is that the noise level is quite high. When someone in another room was using their bathtub or shower, it sounded as if they were in our room. Other than that the hotel was located very conveniently to the center of everything and the Fallsview Casino resort is right across the street with an indoor walkway from the Hilton. The view of the falls that is shown on the website is misleading as it was not the one from our room and we were on the 21st floor. But we still did have a good view. The last time we stayed in Niagara Falls we were at the Marriott and that room had a spectacular view so I think we were comparing the two views. If we had not stayed at the Marriott before, we would not have been a bit disappointed. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Annabelle1116
Reviewed May 17, 2006

The room, service, and staff were all very nice. I had a King Jacuzzi Suite which was nicely furnished, and everything was in working order. Room would have had a full view of the falls if not for the new casino across the street. It's a pitty that the casino is blocking the view of all the surrounding hotels since nobody inside a casino cares about the view! When checking out, I took advantage of the express checkout via the print out of my bill which had been slipped under the door. I should have reviewed the bill more carefully before I left. When I arrived at the hotel, I parked in the surface parking lot while unloading my luggage. After placing my luggage in the room, I returned the rental vehicle to Avis. For this, I was charged $20 for parking????? Then, to find that a 9 minute phone call to Vancouver was $34.00 That is ridiculous! I emailed the hotel through their own website indicating that I thought these prices were extreme to say the least. To date the courtesy of a response has not been received. I have been left, unfortunately, with a very bad taste for this property.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business