“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cape Coral, Florida
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed May 25, 2006

The Hilton Hotel in Niagara Falls was very nice. We had a package which included tickets to attractions and free breakfasts. It turned out to be a good deal. There was also a voucher for dinner for $75. The restaurant is on the 33rd floor which overlooks the falls. A lovely view and very elegant. The $75 dinner voucher really only covers one meal because the dinner menu is very pricey. Our room was very nice. The only complaint I would have is that the noise level is quite high. When someone in another room was using their bathtub or shower, it sounded as if they were in our room. Other than that the hotel was located very conveniently to the center of everything and the Fallsview Casino resort is right across the street with an indoor walkway from the Hilton. The view of the falls that is shown on the website is misleading as it was not the one from our room and we were on the 21st floor. But we still did have a good view. The last time we stayed in Niagara Falls we were at the Marriott and that room had a spectacular view so I think we were comparing the two views. If we had not stayed at the Marriott before, we would not have been a bit disappointed. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

3 Thank Annabelle1116

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,352)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed May 17, 2006

The room, service, and staff were all very nice. I had a King Jacuzzi Suite which was nicely furnished, and everything was in working order. Room would have had a full view of the falls if not for the new casino across the street. It's a pitty that the casino is blocking the view of all the surrounding hotels since nobody inside a casino cares about the view! When checking out, I took advantage of the express checkout via the print out of my bill which had been slipped under the door. I should have reviewed the bill more carefully before I left. When I arrived at the hotel, I parked in the surface parking lot while unloading my luggage. After placing my luggage in the room, I returned the rental vehicle to Avis. For this, I was charged $20 for parking????? Then, to find that a 9 minute phone call to Vancouver was $34.00 That is ridiculous! I emailed the hotel through their own website indicating that I thought these prices were extreme to say the least. To date the courtesy of a response has not been received. I have been left, unfortunately, with a very bad taste for this property.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank RandyVancouver_BC
SAULT STE. MARIE
Reviewed May 13, 2006

My husband and stayed at the Hilton for their 2 day getaway package. We also found a coupon in the Ontario Travel book from CAA 2005 edition with a $50 copon for the package we got. So the two night getaway package with king bed jacuzzi and fallsview room was only 329.00. well worth it. It was quite nice. The room we had was on the 30th floor overlooking the falls. It was a spectacular view. There is even a little vent under the window my husband found that if you open it, you can hear the falls. We enjoyed the the jacuzzi tub. The room was very clean and the mattresses were all just changed I think that week, they are so comfortable. Nice to have the king size bed with king size pillows. We got a coupon with our package for the Watermark restaurant. The prices are jacked up so the $75 coupon does help. Daryl was our waiter and he didn't seem to happy to be there that day, but the meal was good with entrees starting at $29.99. I had chicken and galic mashed potatoes and my entree was 39.99 and my husbands entree was 49.99. Salad was extra. I think we spent an extra 60 dollars or so because we did have a drink and salad and then you have to leave a tip too. It was quite a nice view though. The breakfast buffet was spectacular. That came with the room too both mornings. There was so much to choose from including a omlette bar, fresh fruit, yougurts, danishes, you didn't leave hungry. Way better then Denny's any day. You could use the coupon for their breakfast or Denny's. Do the one at the hotel. We ate so much we didn't need lunch.
We didn't have to pay for parking because on the internet I found a website that advertised the Hilton Niagara and in the amenities it said free parking so I printed it out and brought it with me and they comped the parking when they saw that. I don't remember the site though, just search a few.

The pool was very nice and there was a steam room and dry sauna, and a large hot tub. There was hardly anyone there at all, though it was the middle of the week in May. Good time to go.
We also did the Maid of the Mist, helicopter ride (very expensive) and the Cesna airplane ride over the falls.
Also if you get a chance you have to do the Jet boat.
All and all the hotel was very nice, and we did go to the casino and won 100 dollars so it was well worth it.
Hope this helps.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank BERTAB
Rhode Island
Reviewed May 2, 2006

I've only stayed at a Hilton Hotel 3 times in the past...all times being at the Times Square Hilton because it was right in the center of everything in NY, and the staff there had always been fantastic. I decided to enroll in the Honors Program during the first stay. This past weekend we decided we wanted to visit Niagara Falls, so I went under Trip Advisor to read about this particular Hilton. I thought some of the reviews were kind of "nit picky" i.e. slow elevators, too many kids at the pool, small pool towels, etc. We booked the Hilton for a two night stay and drove 8 hours from RI to get there. We had booked a standard city view room and upon arrival at noon time, I approached the desk where I was greeted by Nick. I really had anticipated to beg a little for an upgrade to a falls view room, and before I could even get into my "Ain't too proud to beg" mantra, Nick quickly said, "We've upgraded you to a falls view room." I was thrilled and he said we could check in then, instead of the 3:00 pm time. He then stated that if I was not happy with the room, to let him know. We took the elevator up (and by the way, the elevators are FINE, there's 4 and none of them were slow!) The room was nice with 2 queen beds, but it had the smaller bathroom with regular size tub/jacuzzi. Since I had already did my homework by viewiing pics on Tripadvisor, I knew there were rooms that had the the beautiful bathroom with large jacuzzi and glass enclosed shower. The bellman had already brought up our bags to our room, but I quickly called Nick back at the front desk and asked about the room with the larger bathroom. He said, "Oh, you mean the junior suite." And I said YES! can we possibly get one?? He said "Sure, but just know that it has a King bed and a Queen pullout sofa." I figured the kids could rough it out on the sofa bed in exchange for a large jacuzzi. I then asked if we could have it for no additional charge and he checked for availability and said, "Sure." We then moved our things to room 2702 and the room and the view were absolutely amazing! After settling in, my 9 and 10 year old immediately wanted to go to the pool. The falls coming down the sides of the pool area were so pretty, the pool slide was a huge hit. Tthe pool staff were so courteous and informative about things to do in the area. We then went out to the Lundys tourist trap area and went on most of the virtual reality rides that last a couple of minutes each. The Marvel rides were the best (you get 2 different rides and cost $45 american dollars for a family of 4) These were the best 2 rides. We then went on the Ripleys virtual rides (again, $45 for 4 people) and they were OK. The last ride we went on the second day there was Spider Man which was $11 per person. I just paid for my 2 kids and then asked the attendant if he would let me on free (again, if ya don't ask, ya don't receive) He said OK and I'm so glad I didn't have to pay because the ride was very boring, outdated, and not worth the money at all. Also, best to use a credit card so you get the best rate exchange. We made the mistake of not changing enough money to canadian, so any time we used american money, we would get canadian money back for change, so we lost a little. The exchange rate is not what it used to be, and naturally everything is expensive unless you drive a little off the beaten path. Also check out Maid of the Mist, which an informative boat ride that takes you very close to the falls. $14 per adult and $11 per child. We caught very nice weather, so it was refreshing to be misted! They also provide free rain gear which the kids were happy to take home as a momento. The Casino is nice and conveniently located across the street from the Hilton, 1 minute walk. I played Black Jack at a $10 table and the dealer was very nice, especially being patient for me to dig for some money to pay for my glass of wine, because I thought drinks were free in the Casino, like here in the US. Back at the hotel, while we did not eat in their restaurant, we did check it out and it was very nice and the food being served looked very inviting. A couple that we spoke to who dined there said the food was delicious. My husband and I later had a drink at the Blue Martini lounge where prices were pretty much the same as a comparable upscale martini bar. Our room was attended to by Dawn, who always made sure my kids were given extra Hilton chocolates. She also gave us extra bottles of bubble bath for the jacuzzi. We rented the fridge for an extra $10 (which I don't even think they charged my account!) and the fridge is definitely worth getting to keep milk, drinks, etc chilled). Parking was $15 US and the self park lot was a 30 second walk to the side entrance of the hotel. All in all, the Hilton was absolutely fantastic to us. Perhaps it was the time of year we went where it was a little slow, which is when I prefer to travel as opposed to school breaks. Just like you're going to pay 3 times more for airfare flying at peak times due to high demand, the hotels are in the same situation and may not have the flexibility to upgrade you if they are filled to capacity, so try to avoid peak times to get the most Bang for your Buck. Here's a photo of us in our great room. Again, Hilton and staff, THANKS for a great time and making our trip such a pleasant and memorable one!!!

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank iloveny10
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed April 15, 2006

Checking in was easy. Front desk staff was friendly. We had to pay for parking and we can choose self parking or valet parking. They both cost the same but I guess you need to add the tipping for valet.

We had the 2 bedroom family suite with the American Fallsview. The view wasn't that great. We could only see the falls from one small window. No wonder the room with the premium view costs so much more.

The room was spacious but it needs a little updating. We were very surprised to find the toilet dirty. The cleaniness of the room wasn't up to standard.

The kids had a blast at the pool. Remember to bring your own bath robes. The hotel doesn't provide you with them. We also had to pay $10/night for using an old and small refrigerator. We needed it to store the milk for the baby.

Breaskfast at the hotel restaurant was great. It was included in our package. One particular waitress was rude but the rest of the staff was okay. The view at the restaurant was excellent. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant and we used the $75 voucher. It only covered about half of our bill. Dinner was not too bad but nothing extraordinary.

Walkway to the casino was not all covered. Part of the walkway was through the parking lot of the casino. The Chinese restaurant at the casino plaza was good.

Our overall experience with Hilton Niagara was okay but we will try another hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2006
7 Thank travelhellokitty
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2006

Overall, a great experience except for the housekeeping. They start knocking at 9am, and you can hear all the cleaning and vacuuming going on outside. For a hotel situated near the casino, where guests stay up late gambling and enjoying the night life, housekeeping at this early hour is extremely annoying. When we checked out, we made a complaint to the front desk regarding this matter. The staff was extremely nice, but informed us it is hotel policy to start housekeeping at 9am. They reasoned since they have so many rooms to do, they have to start at this early hour to get everything done. Having stayed at quite a number of hotels ourselves, we find this to be quite unconvincing. It should be up to the hotel to figure out the housekeeping hours so the guests won't be inconvenienced. It should not be the guests accommodating the hotel, but the other way around. On the upside, because of our complaint, they did took away the parking bill for us.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2006

We just returned from a two night midweek stay at the Hilton Fallsview for March break. The kids, and adults, had a wonderful time.

We'd booked a regular queensview room with city view and were upgraded upon arrival to a premium fallsview room with king bed, queen pull-out and jacuzzi tub on the 23rd floor. For only $20 extra in total!! It was very clean and comfortable and the view was lovely. The kids thought it was cool to be up so high.

It was extremely busy due to March break but just plan accordingly. Use the pool either in the morning or evening -- you'll still have about a 10-15 minute wait. Don't go around 4-5 -- it's the busiest time and you'll be waiting for a long time. The towel pools are tiny so you might want to bring a few of your own.

Go for breakfast around 8-8:30 and you'll have a table within about five minutes. The Watermark is very expensive for dinner (Prime Rib -- $40, Stirfry -- $50, Lobster and steak -- $80) so your $75 voucher doesn't go far. Instead go to the kid-friendly dinner buffet on the mezzanine level (they only have this at March break) -- they allow you to use your Watermark voucher there. Taco bar, chicken fingers, pasta bar, hot dogs, roast beef, mashed potatoes, salad, etc. Our voucher covered the whole meal ($26 for adults, $10 for kids). Go to the watermark for breakfast, bright and sunny with a great view. They had traditional breakfast foods and an omelet bar. I really enjoyed the breakfast!

One hint -- the four elevators get incredibly busy due to the volume. If you want to take an elevator down, get on one that's going up and just make a trip up before you come down. They have sensors -- if the elevator is full on the way down it just bypasses the floors -- some people waited 20 minutes for an elevator.

My girls loved the whole experience and want to make it an annual event.

• Stayed March 2006