“Can be romantic”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Can be romantic”
Reviewed September 11, 2005

This hotel is not on the main strip of attractions. It is a beautiful hotel. The best room is a Junior King Suite with or with out falls view. The food is wonderful and the staff is great. Go have some fun!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,256)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 7, 2005

My girlfriend and I had been looking around for quite a while to find a hotel at Niagra Falls that would give us a great stay as well as the best view of the falls. We chose to stay at the Hilton Hotel and honestly, we had a wonderful time. We stayed in a KING JACUZZI SUITE because of the pictures we saw online. Don't get too excited. Standing in front of your window is perhaps the best view anywhere, but don't expect to see anything from the jacuzzi, which was what we were looking for. This was the 1 and only thing that disappointed me. Everything else was absolutely wonderful. The room was beautiful and very comfortable, the food was a little bit expensive, even with the $75.00 voucher, but expect to spend a lot of money where ever you go to eat, the employees were very nice and hard working, and the location of the hotel was superb. Across from the Hilton is the Fallsview Casino, down the street is a TGI Fridays(EXPENSIVE!), two blocks away a steakhouse called The Keg, which I think is the best steak you will ever find, a block or two away you have the American Falls and the Canadian Falls with souvenier shops all around you, a Starbucks can be found about ever two or three blocks, an ice cream shop down the street, a Denny's next door, the Skylon tower within throwing distance, and a five minute drive to the funner part of the city where you will find wax museums, haunted houses, games and rides, little restaurants where you can get a bite to eat and some beer, and movie theatres. Drinking age is 19, and that also applies to getting into the casino. I had the best time of my life. Just don't believe the pictures you see online. They are a little bit misleading. Here are some we took ourselves with no photoshop editing.

• Stayed September 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 18, 2005

I booked a 1 night romantic getaway for 2 at the Hilton Inn. Once I arrived at the Hilton i checked in expecting everything to be in order. I arrived at my door and went into the room. I did not receive anything that the package had said I was to receive. So I did what any other annoyed guest would do, called front desk. I told them the problem and what was supposed to be. Well they didnt even care. They told me for an extra $100 everything would be fixed. I figured seeing how I paid enough already for the room and I could not even get my money back I might as well just enjoy the room and the attractions. Other then that the Niagra expericence was great. The room was very clean and orgranized.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 17, 2005

We loved our stay at the Niagara Hilton! The pool entertained our children for hours. The staff was hospitalble and prompt. Don't miss the breakfast buffett at the Watermark. Great food ....beauftiful view.

6 Thank tiredmommy
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2005

When I reserved a Fallsview room for 269.00, I had no idea that the falls view room would allow me to see a sliver of the American Falls and that all else would be obstructed by the casino hotel across the way.

We were able to check in early and once I got over the 20.00 parking fee, I was grateful that we could have the car valet parked. Bell service was excellent.

The room itself was roomy and comfortable, and the bathroom wonderful. We enjoyed the swimming pool and its slide a great deal.

We were not impressed that our internet hook up cost 10.00 for 24 hours. Other hotels include that cost in the accommodation fee. No family restaurant available in the hotel. The Starbucks prices across the road were astronomical.

Niagara Falls is a very ugly city aside from the park along the falls walk. The maid of the mist ride was wonderful. Clifton Park is awful.
I was very glad to get out of this money gouching town.

I am not sure I would return to the Hilton....It just felt like a rip off.

5 Thank savannahcat
Reviewed August 4, 2005

We stayed at the hotel, December of 2004. While there my car was robbed. The valet parked the car as we went to check in. I realized that my sunglasses (brand name) and cash ($50.00) were in the car still (in the counsel between the driver and passanger).

While my husband (finance at the time) went to put the bags in the room I went to the car to retrieve these items.

The only person in these 10 mintues that had access to the car was the valet.

My car was returned and the cash and glasses were GONE. The counsel was ajar and the other items from it were scattered on the passenger seat.

I called for hotel management and was told he was off. He took his time getting back to me the next day. I honestly think it was because he thought we were KIDS and we were making the story up.

I asked him to check video survelliance to see if he could see him going through my items. NOTHING, he said no.

He did not compensate us in anyway.

I called upon my return to Toronto. They did not want to deal with this situation at all.

Makes me think the management are in on this scam.

TAKE ALL ITEMS WITH YOU FROM YOUR CAR.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 1, 2005

From check in till check out, there's no doubt they take care of you in every way at this hotel. My wife and I and our three young children just returned from a three night stay at this hotel over a busy Canadian holiday weekend. We were totally pleased.

I read the reviews on this site prior to booking and found them to be very helpful and accurate. We booked directly with the hotel. From the moment we arrived on a busy Friday afternoon the staff looked after our needs. We did not book a room with a view of the Falls as I did not want to spend the extra money. The front desk did put us in a larger two queen "city view" room since we were going to have a rollaway bed for one of our children.

We requested extra towels, extra blanket, extra tea........everything delivered quickly. My wife dropped our camera while visiting and they were even able, at my request, to find duct tape for us for a temporary repair. We used the pool one evening.......kids loved it and it was not that crowded as we thought it might be. We ate in the rooftop restaurant for Sunday morning breakfast. Long line but it moved really fast and we got seated quicker than I expected. Awesome view as promised. This was the only time we ate in the restaurant....the food was good and worth going for the view.

All in all everyone in the hotel was helpful and we were very pleased. I would highly recommend this hotel and we would stay there again when we return.

The other nice thing is the location. Prime. Directly across from the new casino and just a few minutes to all the action at the Falls. Lots of activity around the hotel day and night.

Places to eat.......we ate at My Cousin Vinnys the first night and found it quite pricey and disappointing in the taste of the food. Nothing special. Second night we tried Applebees......our daughter's favorite and it was good. All restaurants are expensive. Just part of the program.

On Sunday we went to Clifton Hill for the kids.....we did the Ripleys Believe it or Not and the Wax Museum, and the Lego display. A little bit of Clifton Hill goes a long way.

On the suggestion of a friend who had been here earlier we booked a tour package through the hotel. Best thing we did. The shuttle picks you up at a designated hour in the hotel lobby and they take you to several attractions. Whole program lasted about six hours. Got to see lots and lots including riding on Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, etc. Good value.

On our last day we drove up to Niagara on the Lake. Very scenic and pleasant but much more crowded with tourists than I had hoped for. We only spent a few hours and a few hundred dollars before we had to leave again for our return home.

Thanks to all of you who write these reviews.........I think they really helped me when planning our trip and after booking the hotel I felt confident we had made a good choice. We did. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2005