“great view - great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Dandridge, Tennessee
“great view - great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2009

On the day we arrived, there were a line of cars waiting to unload and check in. We took another reviewers advice and bypassed the line of cars and parked at the casino across the street. (only $5.00 for the entire stay) After checking in, we carried our bags from the garage through the crosswalk to our room.

The room was a very nice king/ jacuzzy suite on the 21st floor. The view of the American falls was fantastic. We could also see some of the Horseshoe falls too. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. All the things you expect in a Hilton room were present, such as, plenty of huge thirsty towels, luscious soaps and shampoos, real glassware and fluffy pillows.

The only negative things were the huge window in the room was a bit dirty. I would not have mentioned that if we had not paid extra for a view. The TV did not have very clear reception. We did not like the pool being indoors and full of children. That may not necessarily be a bad thing if you're traveling with kids yourself. There was so much to do we really didn't have time for a swim anyway.

The location of the Hotel could not get any better. You can walk to the Casino, restaurants, the falls, and access to the 'People Mover'.

Checking out was the reverse of check-in. We carried our bags to the car and came back to the lobby to check out. There was a line of cars, piles of bags and people waiting to leave. We walked back to our car, paid five bucks and drove away.

We had a magical time at Niagara Falls. If you're thinking about going, quit thinking about it and go. As with any Hotel, the Hilton had a few flaws during our stay. In general, all the good things going for it outweighed any miner inconveniences. Yes it is pricy but hey, it's the Hilton.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,239)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dublin, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

Great location, great views, breakfast buffet was great. Kids loved the pool. $20 parking per day. Rest. on top great, but pricey.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
detroit
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

I was lucky able to stay in Niagara Falls for two weekends back to back late June early July. Fallsview casino had a special rate going for a one night stay and being I'm a Hilton Honors member I deiced to book extra nights at the Hilton Fallsview.

The on going work at the hotel wasn't too bad I thought. Was quiet until 9am each morning.However the hotel staff seems uncaring and unwelcoming. Not all but most of the front desk staff. I was able to get a later checkout time of 12 noon but that is just the normal checkout time at the other 4 star hotels in town.

Both stays I was on the 15th floor, first in the mid tower and then the South tower. I did not stay at all in the newest North tower. In both towers the water pressure was poor, a 1/2 hour to fill the tub up is a long time. The shower was weak, felt strong but washing your hair you can tell not much water is coming out. The hallway on the 15th floor in the South tower was a joke. The telephone that you can call a room if there is no answer and you don't want to bang on the door and disturb other guest was laying on the floor with no table around. By the elevators in each tower there was no chairs at all to sit while waiting for the elevator, they were not too fast either. The hallway carpet was dirty and look not to been vacuum in some time.

Maid service was very good, room was cleaned by 11am each morning and was clean pretty well. My ice bucket was forgotten about once, even thou it was out of the tray and look to been used. As for the ice machine and pop, in the mid tower the pop machine was not working, all lit up but would not take any coins, just drop straight down to the return. Ice machine ran out of ice once. The windows were small compare to the Sheraton hotels, all you can see while laying in bed is the sky-no view at all. I could see the American Falls very well along with the fireworks when standing up by the window....no view of the Horsesfalls but just needed to be a bit higher up.

One night the water was shut off in the mid tower due to repairs between midnight and 6:30am roughly. A flier was left under my door around 2pm informing me of it and said no charge for the $5 bottle of water in the room (how nice). I went downstairs to complain and at first the person behind the desk act like he did not know about it (this was around 6pm). Was then told its really going to be from 1am to 5am, I said fine that isn't as bad. Midnight came and water went right off, I called downstairs and got not much help. Lucky I did shower before just to be safe. I went out right after ( I stuck around just to see if the water was going to be on until 1am, no it wasn't. Was lied about it I feel. I did happen to wake up once at 6:30 am and still no water--this meant no toilet flushing. I woke up again about 8 am and the water was on again. Other then the $5 bottle of water (that really was worth $3) nothing was done.

The lobby is like a drop off post for other motel guest and tour buses cause every morning the lobby was jam pack with people and luggage, it went on until 2-3pm each day. Swimming Pool odor was very strong but I never visited the pool, just smelled it each time I was in the main lobby.

The is only one doorway in and out of the hotel, right in front by the valet parking which means you have to squeeze between park and moving cars each time, only other way is the 2nd floor walkway to the casino. No other front door, no side or back doors. How its fire safe I have no idea, the city of Niagara Falls should really look in to it!. Same with the Hilton hotel chain.

If I never stayed anywhere else in the Falls I may have had a little high view of the hotel but the Hilton Fallsview was the worst hotel I stayed at overall, even lower than the Days Inn I stayedy at a few years back. The front desk needs to care more overall about their guests stay.

Unless I get a casino rate of $69 again I would never stay at the Hilton Fallsview again, why should I when there is much nicer hotels right near by.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank stillsmoking
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

I would like everybody to know how wonderful our stay was at the Fallsview Hilton. We checked in at 4pm and I can say that the lobby was pretty busy but manageable. We had reserved a standard room through their website and upon checking in were instantly upgraded to a two bedroom suite in the new tower on the 48th floor. The suite and the view were amazing. We decided not to valet park our car and instead parked across the street at the casino for $5.00. We just made sure that we told the front desk upon check out that we did not use the valet. The conceirge was very helpful when I asked him about finding a restaurant. and even provided up a map and passes for the shuttle. All and All we had a wonderful time and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

hilton.. its famous as everybody knows..
the my experience there was just horrrible!!!!!!!!!!
i booked my trip online.. and cuz of my own fault.. i didnt click the right day..
so they charged me 160cdn right away..
and then..ok.. i didnt bother to check other hotels, i made my reservation again..
i was kinda excited.. cuz that was my first trip with my bf..
but yah.. when i got there.. the hotel was semi under construction..so it looked pretty bad..
and then.. the front desk staff was just tooooo good to serve us..
i arrived there like 30 mins earlier before the check-in time..they asked us to wait..
so i was like..ok.. and then i went to check out the casino with my bf..
and then we went back like 1 hr later..
they had so many staff there, doing nth, but it seemed that they were no one available to serve us..
and then, after a while..
they finally let us check in.. with attitude..
and guess wat..
when i walked into the room.. i got pretty pissed off..
cuz i booked the fallsview room..(that freaking required extra money)..
but i was on the 6th floor.. so i could only see fallsview casino..
and my bf called them.. and asked them about it..
they were like.. if u wanna upgrade it to the fallsview, u have to pay extra 50 bucks..
we were like wtf.. and then we went to the front desk, and showed them the booking receipt..
and then.. they finally changed our room..

after that, cuz i booked the upgrade package for the $50 dinner coupon and blah blah, so we asked the front desk people, and they asked us to go ask to the information desk.. and then the staff from the information desk told us we should have had a coupon which should be given by the front desk staff.. and then we went to front desk again.. to ask for the coupon.. well.. after a while, they finally printed our coupon..and then gave it to us..

well..the bed was super comfy, the room was huge, the location was great,
BUT with the service like that.. i will definitely tell all my friends not to go there..
i was seriously wondering if they were racist or sth..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ctinas
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2009

Vella took over 40 mins to get truck each time.
Was not safe at all for guests to exit and enter the hotel.
Water fall was broken and pool clean up is on SUNDAYS! Between 12:00 in the afternoon till 4:00. Room had a funny smell!
Spoke to Managers, all of them said we are working on all these issues and did not offer a single thing to us in regards to all this issues that were put upon us.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
roberval
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2009

Hi we stayed at the hotel during renovations.
The room was very nice and the roof top restaurent a must.
But the lobby was a mest and we did not have a good appreciation of the hotel services.
And i asked for the valet parking and my car camed back full of dust.It made me mad because i had a new paint on my car 4 days before. and the car stayed with the souvenir of that.I think i had no luck at this time because of the renovations but for the price asked i think i got a bit ripped off at the time.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple