“Nice, Big Room - Great View of Falls”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Pittsburgh
“Nice, Big Room - Great View of Falls”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I were in a King Jacuzzi suite and really enjoyed the spaciousness of the room. We were in the North tower on the 40th floor - we had a great view of the Falls.

Room layout: When you walk into the door there is a sitting room with a small eating table, a pull out sofa, tv with dresser and a closet. Then you walk through a hallway that has a small bar area with sink and frig and the doorway to the large bathroom. The bathroom had a huge jazucci tub with separate shower/toilet area. There was a large window by the jacuzzi that had an automatic shade. It could be opened or closed depending upon your preference. The only downfall was it is only a one-sink bathroom, which meant the vanity was kind of crowded with all of my "stuff". If you continue through the hallway you come to the main bedroom which has a king bed, two nightstands dresser, tv, writing desk, couch and coffee table. It really was spacious. It also had a "fireplace" unit built into the dresser which was a strange thing, I thought. It's more for atmosphere than heat. Either ours was broken, or we didn't know how to use it properly.

Overall, we had a good stay. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.
I'm not giving it a "5" only because our room was starting to look a little "used". Things just didn't look "fresh" anymore - but it was clean.

I would book here again. Oh - we had a Groupon, so we felt the value was very good. Not sure about what the regular room rates are during the busy season.

Room Tip: If you can swing it, pay for the Falls view rooms. The view from the rear of the hotel is not attra...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,370)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed on the 31st. floor and had wonderful views of the entire falls area. If you self park, you have to park in the Four Points Sheraton parking lot and makes for a cold walk if its below zero like it was when we were there, but no big deal.

1 Thank kenbon1331
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed @ Hilton Niagara while back & very disappointed with service. Were told that they only had valet parking & would charge us for reg park rates but ended up getting chrg 4 valet. Had NO hot water for our morning showers...yup I said NO HOT WATER 4 3 days! Did not have fridge & tried 2 call down 2 enquire they hung up a few times, we did not attempt 2 call again. Staff @ frnt dsk not friendly & seemed 2 not be enjoying their job, am guessing they had LOTS of complaints that day. Will not EVER rec staying @ Hilton as I have attempted 2 call 2 Toronto Hilton 2 purchase a gift certificate for friends who were getting married & a lady took my name & # but did NOT call me back! What service is that when someone wants 2 purchase a pre-paid stay to your hotel & you do not take advantage?
I also booked 8 rooms for 8 couples @ DoubleTree Niagara & when booked I was told I would b able 2 collect HHonors points for those that did not have a points card but when I arrived I was told I could only collect points 4 my own room.
I finally sent an email 2 Guest Assistant Specialist,Samika Nunn but have not gotten a response!!! Unless I have any kind of response or maybe even acknowledgement of these terrible experiences I would never refer Hitlon Hotels to anyone. My husband is a sales manager who travels 80% of the time and has now changed to Marriott and Holiday Inn Express (IHG) which gives us plenty of reward points and very good service. For the last few months I have stayed at Marriott in Chicago & Niagara Falls and Holiday Inn Express in Collingwood & Victor New York and received fantastic service for all of these stays! It is unfortunate that Hilton is going downhill on their service...too bad!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Curt M
Hilton_Niagara_Falls, General Manager at Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, we would be happy to discuss your experience with you.

Paul Ford
Oshawa
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Hilton has the perfect location in Niagara. Great view of the falls and a direct walkway to Fallsview casino. The rooms are very nice, the mattresses are super comfortable, and the buffet breakfast in the morning was superb. Everything first class as expected from a Hilton hotel.
The only reason for not giving a 5 star rating was some obvious wear and tear on the hotel. Also, as is common in Niagara hotels, the parking is very limited and VERY expensive.

Room Tip: Fallsview rooms are worth the extra dollars as the views are fantastic.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank firstovr
Calabogie, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I took our 5 kids here late last November. This is the perfect time to go to Niagara Falls if you don't care about the summer activities. The hotel and Niagara Falls attractions are not busy at all. We were the only people standing at the falls one night when we walked down the falls and to see all the Christmas lights on our way to Clifton hill. It is a bit of a walk to get to Clifton Hill - but it was a beautiful walk if you go down to the river. The Hilton is perfect for families because of the set-up of the rooms (we stayed in the north tower). 2 bedrooms, each with king size beds and a double pull-out couch. Our youngest slept on a bed that we made for her on the floor. Plenty of room for a big family of 7. We let the kids stay in the room facing the window - because my husband and I enjoy our privacy. There is a microwave and mini-fridge in the room - in a separate wet-bar area in the hall between the 2 bedrooms. Very convenient. Now the view. This is why I booked this room - I wanted to impress our kids with the view. We were not disappointed! We stayed on the 43rd floor and we had a corner room - which meant we had a view of both the falls - in fact we were far enough back from the falls that we could see up and down the river - and we also had a view of the city below. It was almost perfect. The only building blocking our view somewhat was the Fallsview Casino. But it wasn't blocking the falls at all (from our room). The kids (age 5 to 12), my husband and I just stared out the window. Absolutely beautiful. The hotels closer to the falls couldn't of had such an expansive view - for the price we paid (less than $200/night). We swam in the pool, played on their slide, had fun under the waterfall and enjoyed the hot tub. This area was perfect for the kids. We didn't eat at any of the restaurants, so I can't tell you about the food. But the room and location was perfect.

Room Tip: Get a room in the north tower. The higher the better and try to get a corner unit so you can see bo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank stacyprince
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, stayed on the 29th floor, views were outstanding, jacuzzi fab, food great, lots to do in niagra,
had the best cocktail in tbe bar, a blow pop mmmmmm

The only thing wrong was the disgusting toilets in the lobby, not nice to see what I saw, and this was there all day, and still evidence the day after, I did complain, but felt a little let down.

Room Tip: Falls view, with jacuzzi
Buffalo, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Very ordinary room. I've stayed at "Express" hotels at a much cheaper price. Fortunately, you don't go to Niagara Falls to sit in the room. No refridgerator in the room, so bring a cooler. There is a safe. Breakfast Buffet was excellent, but get there early. Gets very crowded.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends