Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We stayed here for one Friday night. We are local and just wanted a romantic night at the Falls. We did a Groupon special for $129. For that price, the room was nice. However, I would never pay the high prices that this hotel charges in the summertime. The room was very average. Nothing special. The hotel was full of different kids teams. The entire pool area was at capacity with these teams. We were on floor 15 mid tower. Outside of our room at the elevators were 8 ironing boards set up with many crockpots and about 40 small children eating lots of food on paper plates on the floors! Isn't this what most teams rent banquet facilities for??? This is what I would expect at a Comfort Inn level of lodging; not a Hilton at Niagara Falls! That entire scenario was very disappointing to have occurring right outside of our room. The hotel was very conveniently connected to the casino. Would probably stay there again; but, the whole overwhelming kids everywhere feeling was a little too much for us. Maybe because we left our kids home that night and felt like enjoying an adults night out?!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've stayed here multiple and times and all of our stays have been very nice. We've stayed in a Fallsview Room w/ Fireplace and Jacuzzi as well as a normal King Sized Bed Room w/ City View. We always get deals to stay here. Often when you book you can get lots of extras (especially if you get on their email list) and can receive Free Wifi, Complimentary Buffet Breakfast in the Watermark Restaurant on the top floor (with a great view), vouchers for the casino, and various restaurants.

The rooms are very nice, comfortable beds and stylish decor. We've only stayed in the North Tower which is newer so can't speak for the South. If you get a fallsview, I'd say its the best view you can get. I've stayed at the Oaks which doesn't have nearly as good of a view.

It has a pool on the main floor which is great for kids (and big kids) with a big waterslide. The Braza restaurant is very good, we didn't like the Macaroni Grill as much. We have not eaten dinner at the Watermark.

Overall its a great place to stay and we will always stay here when visiting Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaitlyn S
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The Hilton is fine; parking is extra but convenient. Paid extra for view of both falls, and yes you can see the falls, but the Casino is in the way dominating the foreground and blocking part of the view. Nice that in winter you can walk in covered passageway across to Casino restaurants etc. Location is good. Can't pick out any particular negatives, but on the flip-side, there was no special positives to rate a higher score.

Room Tip: You might need to pay more to get even higher for better view still
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for two nights from January 15, 2014. It has been a while since I’ve been there and I really liked the South tower room I had. I previously was a North tower snob.

Parking
I always opt for the valet. I guess I haven’t been back to the Hilton in a while as the entrance from the back where you hand your car off to the valet changed. They now have a large rotating door. This is important because the back is a wind tunnel and the new entrance keeps the wind out. They also have a phone where you can call in your number. This is easy (sadly) than the guy who worked the counter.

Room
I normally like the newer North tower but this time I opted for Jacuzzi suite in the South tower. I figured it was older and perhaps not the best option but I was wrong. I was impressed by the room. For an older room, it looked renovated and modern. As a matter of fact, my first impression was the room was comparable to the North tower. Now, the North tower rooms are all two rooms but it was just me and the room size I got was great. I also got a room facing the Falls. Keep in mind; you have the Niagara Fallsview Casino in front of you. What that means is you can still see the Canadian Falls and you can see the American Falls. The Fallsview Casino blocks the spot between the Canadian and American Falls – no biggie. The one thing that you might not like is how bright the Fallsview Casino is. The bright sign is one thing but the roof it also lit up, alternating in colour. If you can’t sleep at night, try to figure out the intervals on when the lights change. OK, I didn’t do that as I actually slept well enough – which isn’t usual for me.

Gym
I went to the gym twice. The first time is was empty and the second time it was almost full. Now, when I say full, I mean there were three other people. This gym is small. Actually, there are two rooms – one for cardio and some weights and the other for stretching. If you want a huge gym, go stay at WhiteOaks in St. Catharines. At least the gym at the Hilton had the machine I use at my home gym. It met my needs.

Breakfast deal
I paid extra for the buffet breakfast. With that came coupons that. For example, I got a discount at Brasa, which I took advantage of. The food at the buffet was good and the service was quick.

Room Tip: The south tower was not as expensive but very new and very modern. Try to get a room as high up as p...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kretikos
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed in a suite which was awesome. Spent half an hour in the Spa tub which was very relaxing and a nice touch. Would recommend staying here. Shopping at Fallsview was fun not to mention the casino. The view was spectacular.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The front desk staff are friendly and willing to accommodate guest's requests. Rooms are comfortable and very well appointed. Service staff are readily willing to assist and provide requested items. Buffet breakfast has ample choices and food quality is very good.
Myst Lounge has in unprecedented view of the falls - great place for a before dinner drink. Watermark restaurant offers great food, if a little pricey.
The only downside, the cost of parking, self or valet. When you are spending a significant amount of money on accommodations, the least one expects is to not have to pay a fortune for parking.

Room Tip: Pay the up charge and get a room in the upper floors of the north tower.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Wonderful view of the fireworks if you have a view of the falls...pool is a bit chilly...great but only if you can afford it. Check out the Macaroni Grill if you get the chance...great food with great service. Overall a wonderful experience and we would stay again. If you have a feather allergy request room in advance that is feather free if you wish to breathe.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family