“Huge , Glamorous Hotel- but not all that warm & friendly.”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed October 9, 2013

bigger is not always better. as I get older, I value being treated special and appreciated as a customer, rather than a number. this is a very grand hotel. very showy. big suites. excellent location-as far as the view of the falls goes. but, upon check-in, there were NO smiles. no greeting. no warmth. no warm & fuzzy. very impartial. we had dinner in the hotel, at Macaroni Grill, and we had the same atmosphere there too. maybe its just way too many tourists. I don't know. Maybe it was just an " off " day. But, b/c I travel for a living, I noticed it .

Room Tip: avoid being next to the elevator or ice machine.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rocketman000
Write a ReviewReviews (8,702)

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Overall poor stay, bathroom shower had mold/mildew (should be cleaned with mold/mildew remover or bleach) prior guests had smoked in this non-smoking room and filter was never changed room still smelled like smoke. View of the falls was not as expected based on the online pictures. Rooms were as advertised. Water Mark restaurant was expensive and overrated. Food not prepared correctly and vouchers/meal package was not disclosed correctly. should be disclosed that it's on 2 main entrees not $30 towards you meal! Parking is $24 per day which wasn't disclosed at time of making reservations nor was wifi at $8.95 per day and it's from noon to noon. Silly! How about 24 hrs for $8.95 or free Wifi. Pretty sure cleaning stole my sunglasses (oakleys) yep!! Also there was a bug in the refrigerator. Yuck!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Anthony S
Hilton_Niagara_Falls, General Manager at Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Anthony,

Thank you for sharing this succinct feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will keep your comments on our service and amenities in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience.

Paula Ford

Reviewed October 9, 2013

For those who read my reviews, you should know I'm a Hilton fan and stay at Hiltons whenever possible. The Hilton Honors program is worth it. In saying that, my reviews are objective and relate only to the experiences I have at a particular property.

This hotel sits directly across the street from the Fallsview Casino and is very centrally located in the Niagara Falls, Canada district. It is also supposed to be a premium property and as such one expects certain things, especially when you walk in the abundant lobby that presents much like a big city business hotel.

I have stayed here before and can say that the staff are not too concerned about you as guest. They appear to be in "processing" mode and take you through the conveyor belt of being another guest at the property. Let's keep in mind they chose the hospitality trade.

I arrived at the hotel at about 10pm after a long day. There is no choice but to pull up to an army of valets who greet you. In this case I did not plan to valet as I was on a road trip and had too many things in my vehicle to trust it with a stranger. So I advised the valet and did drop off my bags for Bell Service. Believe it or not the valet did not have $5 to change my $10 bill. Maybe he'll now learn to keep change as I could not leave a tip. Mind you this is for a 10 foot distance he has to travel to the luggage room. Someone else brings it up.

At the carpeted area for Honors guests I was not greeted at all when I walked up. So, I said my usual check in phrase and gave over my credit card and ID. The room was preassigned on the 41st floor and was "premium view" when I questioned if that was the highest he had. Premium view rooms are floors 32 to 51 so I made the bottom half. Obviously this means there was other people higher in the food chain then a Honors Gold member. That would be Diamond!! So, now I know this was not true. The chocolate box in the room that is an amenity to Honors members had a card on top to greet the guest personally. Well, that card was made out to someone else, not me. So, I must assume someone else got my room, perhaps earlier, perhaps they complained about the 41st floor. The view is very nice in either way and I still wonder about the higher floor views!!

For a premium room, it appears tired. The bathroom vanity had multiple wood chips visible, shower drain damaged and the weakest looking shower head you can imagine. All told the presentation is good.

Oh, back to the luggage. I'm not 20 plus minutes into sitting around and calling the number to recover my bags. Nobody answers that number so I had to go through "guest express" who had about as much luck as I did. On second call I was told the bell man would only be two more minutes. So, I was getting ready to go downstairs when the bellman did arrive.

He did tell me that he was sorry but the management only has one bellman on duty at night but when I leave they will have six people during the day so my departure will be faster!! Note to self that there was nobody at valet or reception so I have to wonder where the bellman was called to that prevented him to deliver the bags in a reasonable time.

This property could use a little management warmth to get the employees to make the stay a little more pleasant. They try and yes I'm picky but I'm just asking for delivery of what I pay for. In this case, it fell short. Sorry Hilton.

Check it out for yourself and hopefully it will be better. Plenty of information on the Hilton site for this hotel.

Have a good time.

Room Tip: The higher the better. End rooms have bonus windows.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank RalphDailey
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights for our wedding anniversary in early October. Stayed in South tower on 28th floor had specifically booked a full falls view room, good view of American falls but restricted view of horseshoe falls, recommend asking for North tower, disappointed that young man at reception was quite dismissive about upgrading even though we had travelled especially from the Uk and was willing to pay for an upgrade room. Hotel was generally fine, didn't get opportunity to use all facilities, surprised that the only currency that reception would change is $USD, Watermark restaurant nice but expensive, Italian also expensive, nice food but nothing exceptional, parking is $25 per day.

Room Tip: Ask for North tower anything above 25th floor doesn't necessarily have to be very high as your v...
1  Thank NJSPOP
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have stayed in Niagara Falls several times, but never at a premium hotel with a view of the falls. The Fallsview Hilton is modern, comfortable, clean, the staff very helpful, and we had an excellent view of both falls. We would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We got a suite to accommodate our family. The suite was huge! Way better than what we expected. the view from our room was magnificent. The staff was always ready to help us whenever needed with directions or anything else that we needed. I would for sure recommend this place!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

it's all about the view. we chose a north tower king suite facing the falls and although it was pricey, it made sense for us because the falls were what we came for! room is spacious and clean. i like the picture window separating the jacuzzi from the bedroom; it makes the bathroom feel so much more spacious. (there is a mechanized shade that you can close if you want privacy in the bathroom.) housekeeping is very good and the room is always cleaned by the time we get back in the early afternoon. small downside is that there is no laundry service on weekends.
breakfast buffet was adequate, but can be a little rushed. all the restaurant staff are friendly and efficient, but there was usually a line to get into the Macaroni Grill. my strongest impression of breakfast was of the very surly young lady making omelettes... shudder. everything else was good but not memorable. had dinner at the Watermark to watch the fireworks. food was quite good, but i think the view of the fireworks from our room might have been better!
the kids enjoyed the slide at the very noisy indoor pool... definitely not my thing.

the location is great, just a short walk to many restaurants around the area, and right across from the casino, mall and the promenade where you can take pictures of the falls. it's about a 1 mile walk to the Maid of the Mist boat ride, and we really enjoyed the stroll down the hill on a cool, sunny morning. recommend taking a cab back, though, as it's a pretty steep uphill climb back to the hotel.

Room Tip: spring for the falls view rooms in the north tower. worth the price.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family