“Wonderful Experience”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went to celebrate hubby's birthday. Upon arrival, we were able to check in early and had a room upgrade to a higher room with a falls view. My grudge would be the breakfast. The food was not worth the money.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank imsaved2
Write a ReviewReviews (8,714)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Living in Toronto, we take advantage of the opportunity of being close to Niagara Falls and book short (day or two) trips every once in a while.

We have stayed in a number of hotels and the Fallsview Hilton was by far the best of them so far:

We booked the Falls view Jacuzzi room that was located on the 14th floor. Very nice and decent room with all the Hilton style amenities. The room's view was spectacular and we enjoyed our VIP seat's! and much enjoyed the fireworks and magical view of the falls throughout the night.

It has a nice and large indoor pool (with slides!) and hot tub. Very nice and spacious. The lobby looks very nice and upscale too.

Another great feature of the hotel is that it is right across the Fallsview Casino (the new one) and next to a lot of nice restaurants, all within walking distance (some are connected with a walkway tunnel, including the Casino) in case you are visiting during the cold months of the year. (and chilly as is gets, the fall's view in during the winter is magical! with all the street lighting (called festival of the lights) and the icicles are breathtaking...

This stretch of the falls is much newer than the "on the falls" area and all the hotels are built around the new Casino. The con though, is that it is away from "entertainment" district and specially if you are with kids then you will end up travelling back and forth. The shuttles operate on a regular basis to cover this but overall you will somehow feel the inconvenience. But having stayed at the other end too (including Sheraton) I still think the quality of room and service is worth it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2013

When we drove up to the front entrance there was no sign saying parking was a right turn away so had to go in and ask. Check in was easy and polite. We opted for self parking as it was close enough but valet parking was only $5.00 more.Stayed on the 41st floor so had a great view of both falls which was important for 2 first timers. But you have to compromise somewhat on the wait for elevators and the extra time it takes you to get anywhere. However, there is no need for"high dining" as the view is yours for as much time as you want in your own room. The suite itself was roomy for 4 adults with a shared large bathroom and jetted tub. The shower head was basic at best and could use an upgrade. We had to get the batteries in the thermostat changed as they were low but even fixed, the airflow and temperature were difficult to regulate. Staff suggested keeping the door open for awhile and reminded us that there is no fresh air input , just recirculation. Not good.
The bed room area closest to the door was particularly stuffy. We bought a package through Travelzoo which included breakfast buffets, and $s off other restaurants. All were very good.

Room Tip: Not much more money to get a fallsview room and it's worth it for anyone going for the first tim...
Reviewed March 1, 2013

To begin, the valet assistant since I chose to self park my car did not allowed me to park close to the entrance of the hotel just to leave my bags, and kindly recommended me to park in front of the hotel to the second floor and then from there bring my bags to the hotel... This I found absurd...
After that at check in I did not really have much trouble, actually I was treated very well and offered special treatment and got a higher floor... That seemed nice, I got a room at 37th floor but after entering it the problems started...
1) one of the tv remotes was not functioning, had to ask it to be changed.
2) there was no insulation in the entrance door to the room, so cold air conditioning from outside came to the room, had to ask for a solution, a technician came to put insulation, solved the air problem, but left me with a terrible sound problem that kept my kid awake the two nights of my stay. This problem the hotel could not give me a solution.
3) had to pay 15 dollars for Internet connection, but wifi signal was not available in the whole room, and where available only with very low intensity, many times got disconnected, terrible.
4) in the bathroom one of the lights was without the glass cover (totally exposed, could see the light bulb and cables) and there was a water leak inside the shower, that lowered the pressure of it a lot.
5) was planning to take my wife and kids to the "brasa restaurant" on the last day of our trip, and find the same day that it was closed for a "private event". This really disgusted me, because the hotel knows in advance (several days before) that this will happen and the least the could have done is to inform me about this when I checked in. At the end I believe they should not close an entire restaurant to one party, it shows disrespect to other guests. I complained about this to the manager and she offered me breakfast vouchers, but what I really wanted is a table for my family of four in the brass restaurant, I did no mind even sharing space with other parties, and would have been happy to pay for my dinner.
6) next day at breakfast I found the food was of regular quality, expected mucho more for the kind of hotel that seemed like a Vegas hotel. Just to compare, I found the breakfast in Cleveland's hamptons inn was much better (that I was before arriving to Niagara Falls).

I would not be so critical if this was not a 5 star hotel, very big and comparable to Las Vegas big hotels. Do not plan to comeback here, will try next time the Marriott or the Sheraton.

Regards

1  Thank WilliamDyer
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Our daughters gave us the overnight package as a gift so we stayed an extra night. The service was excellent, loved the Braza steakhouse and really enjoyed the pool. Wonderful view from the 40th floor.Would go back again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Bought a couples package for 1 night which was a jacuzzi suite fallsview, the room was amazing great view, comfy bed, plasma tv, however the package came with a 75$ dinner voucher for the watermark or the brasa steakhouse, we had made previous reservations at the watermark for ourselves, do not eat at the watermark what a joke the hotel should be ashamed of this terrible restaurant, the prices were beyond over inflated, but the food quality was brutal not fine dining not even the quality of your local greasy spoon. Our drinks were small and I don't think there was any booze at all in my ceaser! We left and had a proper dinner at the falls and Firken, however the brekfast the following morning was good no complaints, if I was to do it again I would just get the room and not the package as the room was wonderful, very nice hotel great location.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I love this hotel. Breakfast is amazing the omlette station is a MUST. Macaroni's is a bit expensive for a family meal, but then again everything is expensive in The Falls area.

We had an amazing room on the 23rd floor but beware of elevators. We were on our way up and it stoppped between 2 floors and the doors wouldn't open. My kids started to panic but within 5 min was going up again. Thank GOD.

I stayed here during construsction in 2003 and now again 2 weeks ago I absolutely LOVE what this hotel offers

1  Thank mama_2_a_b