“This was a great deal..we had a lovely time...wonderful service!”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Bloomfield
“This was a great deal..we had a lovely time...wonderful service!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Everything was excellent...beyond our expectations! The view from our room was spectacular...the food was wonderful. The only disappointment was that the Fallsview Restaurant wasn't open for breakfast and there was a long lineup.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,256)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ontario
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The "mid tower" of the hotel is old and desperately in need of a refresh (dated,dark,with a marked up decor). My room 1517 had the constant smell of raw sewer coming from the bathroom vent (confirmed by housekeeping). At check out, I advised the "supervisor" on duty of this situation. I was given a token reduction on my bill and was made to feel that I was unjustified to complain about a sewage smell that filled up the room. Completely unacceptable for the Hilton chain. The other "towers" are newer and appear to be much nicer. When booking and checking in to this hotel, make sure you avoid the terrible mid tower!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Starbaby1
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The room was as advertised but the hotel desperately needs to update their linens. Our duvet was just a cover with disintegrated matter inside and the towels were as rough as the carpet. Everything else was as expected.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank lori-alayna
grootebroek
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I know the Hilton from business trips al over the world as an Hotel that has a certain status and class. Thats why I used bookings.com to reserve a room in the Hilton at Niagra. The first dissapointment was that there was no room with a view on the Falls. Receptionist told us that we had to make an explicit reservatin with a view, but that is not possible on bookings.com. The result was a concrete wall view from my window at 4 meter distance. Secondly the room was ok but the bathroom was not clean. hairs on the ground and dust where is was not supposed to be. overall impression was that is was outdated/old and ready for renovation. The other rooms on my floor had broken locks or anouncements of bachelor parties. In the elevator there were blood drops on the glass.
Breakfast is ok, but not the level I am used to from the hilton.

For travellers to Niagra i can advise not to use the Hilton, but instaed use the Mariot. That hotel has more rooms facing the Falls, so your chanche for having a room with a view on the falls is bigger. Next tip is ofcaurse to call the hotel and make sure in advance you have the rigt view.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank michael739
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Next time, I'll spend extra $$ and stay at hotel in the casino. Short walk across the street or take the walkway to the casino. This hotel is attached to the newer, but smaller Casino. Rooms in the 'mid' tower have not been renovated yet. You can see 'gap' in door also, had to push hard to close properly. Carpets in hallway were stained. Bathroom, OK to gross. Other than that, we did not spend a lot of time in the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank c c
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was amazing.

We got their "basic" room through a package with Travelzoo: a King sized bed, with a jacuzzi tub. This room was honestly amazing. Very spacious, lots of natural light, and clean. The bed was super comfortable, with lots of pillows. The bathroom was a good size, no complaints. There were more than enough towels, which can sometimes be an issue in a hotel.
If I could have taken this room home to be my master bedroom, I definitely would have.

The staff at the front desk were very friendly, and helpful. The cleaning staff were also very friendly, we passed one in the hall as we were heading to our room after breakfast and she told us to let her know if we need anything at all for our room.

What we found really cool was that the hotel was attached to so many things. The casino, a "mall", and a wide variety of restaurants. We enjoyed being able to go for walks without having to bundle up to go outside.

We never waited more than a couple of minutes for an elevator, and we usually had it to ourselves.

Our package with Travelzoo included vouchers to each of the restaurants within the hotel:
The breakfast buffet was perfect, and likely exactly what you'd want on vacation.
The macaroni grill (lunch) was pricey, but had a good menu.
The Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse was AMAZING!! Definitely our favourite!
We didn't try the Watermark, but if you're looking to spend some money, I'd suggest checking it out.

I know that the price can seem high, but I definitely think that this hotel is worth it.

Room Tip: We were in room 1750, didn't pay for a fallsview room but still got a little view of the Falls f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here over a long weekend and during bad weather. This was our second stay at this property.

Still not sure about this place. It tries in some ways to be a resort hotel (a bit Las Vegas style) but falls short of the experience. Can't always put your finger on it, but it a mixture a few things.

Room was nice, a two bedroom suite. Although, it is actually more like a junior suite. A normal bedroom plus an added sleeping area with a king bed and TV. Not what I woud call a true two bedroom suite. Nontheless, it was spacious, clean, modern and well kept. The toilet was a bit weird, no lock, just a sliding door. Also, the fireplace in the room just did not work, only the light came on no heat from it which would have been nice.

The breakfast buffet was quite a disappointment really, glad we took the breakfast package and did not pay separately for the buffet. It really was no different than a Hampton Inn to be honest, except for the omlette station. Quite a poor selection and not worht the full price, really isn't. In style with the Las Vegas thing, there is an annoying queing system for the breakfast room. We did have room service on the first night, which was just about OK. Prices are high if you don't want a burger.

The swimmig pool is quite nice and large. Downsides were that during the times we were there, the water seemed to be cold, which was not nice. The first dip was OK and we had fun. The second and third times we went down to pool, it was really quite cold and the kids hated it. Also, there are no formal changing areas, so you either have to walk through the hotel dripping and half naked or change in the toilet (nice...not). The slide was fun.

I know this seems like a big moan, but when paying $200+ per night, oen expects more really.

The valet parking system was a bit crazy and on one occassion, things went really wrong. I gace my ticket for the car to be brought over from the parking garage, it arrived and the valet guy gave me the keys, when I went outside I saw it being driving off down the road by another valet guy thinking it had just arrived, only problem was thta I ahd the keys. The valet guys were like muppets and no real apology from them. On another occasion, I went to get my car in the morning and it was totally covered in ice, which the valet guys were trying to scrape off. It appeared that they had parked it overnight in the open rather than in the covered garage (I could have done that!!). All for the sum of $25 plus tax per night ......a real joke. Waht did I pay for???

I hate having to complain when we travel as a family for fun and a break. It spoils the trip a bit. The Hilton is a nice-ish place, but I think I will stay elsewhere next time, despite being a Hilton HHonors Gold member. Sorry.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family