For those of you who stayed at this hotel in the past while and had a bad experience, my apologies for not sharing this sooner. As a surprise i booked a weekend package at this hotel at the end of November 2012. We got in a little late but got our room fairly quickly, problem was the room number given did not match the assigned room, after close to an hour of trying to get this resolved we finally learned the room assigned on the key tag was wrong and our room was at the end of the hall. Then after we got into the room there was a strong odor of urine, we called down again to the front desk who sent up a lady from housekeeping, who agreed that the there was this strong smell and even noted she would stay in that room, we demanded to be moved to another room which we were. The second room had similar problems and again requested another room. The third room while smelling better had other issues, there was a faint odor of something - still not sure what it was. The bathroom was dirty, there was mold around the bathroom, the bathmat had hair all through it and many of the towels were unsuitable for use, including one that was blood stained. We took pictures of these and also brought them down to the front desk manager. While the manager was friendly and understanding and agreed that this was not acceptable, she do give us a free night for our trouble and another gift on the hotel.
We recently sent a letter to the hotel management team about what had occurred along with photos, the response given was a little disappointing in that we were advised basically that we had received a night free along with other gifts and that as far as they were concerned that was the end of the story, even though we advised we were not looking for freebies.
The issue is that a hotel of that brand name needs to ensure that their level of service is maintained and hotel guest should expect to come in room that are cleaned properly anf that do not pose a health threat to guests. Management can blame housekeeping but the ladies are given time schedules to complete their work and if not met are given poor reviews (based on conversations with a few staff). Management needs to take responsibility and ensure that you as a guest feel comfortable for what you are paying. Think twice about this hotel if others have had a similar experience and rate the hotel only average to poor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising 53 stories above Niagara Falls, this modern high-rise hotel offers guests luxurious accommodations, 3 on-site restaurants, superior service and the perfect location to experience all that Niagara Falls has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Hotel Niagara Falls
- Hilton Fallsview Niagara Falls
- Hilton Niagara Falls
- Niagra Falls Hilton
- Niagara Falls Hilton
- Hilton Fallsview Hotel Niagara Falls