“Hmmmm...would probably stay elsewhere next time.”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Georgetown
“Hmmmm...would probably stay elsewhere next time.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the room we stayed in for my daughters 12th birthday party was very spacious, clean and modern, but I was disappointed in that the room didn't come with a microwave or mini fridge. My fault, I obviosuly didn't read the room description very well and assumed that because all the other hotels we stay at had them, that it was standard. A fridge was brought promptly to the room but I had been told that there was no charge for it, but upon checkout was dinged $10.00 for it's use. Oh well, again I will be more careful in the future. I was also disappointed with the view as the casino was right in front of us and while you could see both falls it was distracting to see the huge casino in your line of sight. I think there are better views from the other hotels a bit further down, the Mariott is one of them that I might try next visit. The good thing about this hotel is that is was windy and cold when we arrived and we didn't want to try and fight our way to see the falls so we stayed in the hotel. We walked over to the neighboring hotel and also to the casino and all the shops without once having to put coats on thanks to the covered walkways. The hotel decor was also nice and kept very clean, our rooms were spotless, and although the reception desk staff were about as unfriendly as they get, the rest of the staff made us feel very welcome. Nothing here made me feel that I need to come back, and I would definately stay elsewhere just to experience something new and maybe better. I was also surprised to see that there is an extra charge for Wifi in the room, just an inconvenience really, but I wasn't prepared to pay anymore for the room than I already had, so we went without. Would have been nice to have it, but not necessary.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite and it was spacious and very clean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank 5WillTravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,281)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
toronto
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Took 2 families to this hotel over jan 2-4. Booked via travelzoo promo of $169 for 2 bedroom suite with $75 dining voucher to watermark or $40 voucher to braza grill. Also includes $10 macaroni grill voucher and 2 winery tour packages. Great value for the money.

Pros:

Great rooms
Good food
Great view
Good amenities
Great service

Cons:
Stuck in elevator
Internet is $9 per day
Parking is $20 per day
Macaroni grill is very overpriced

Room Tip: Book the north tower. All suites and newer
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank biggie76Toronto
Duncansville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend to celebrate our 10th anniversary. We had a fallsview room with a beautiful view of the falls. The falls were in a short walking distance as were much shopping and restaurants. I am very picky and don't have anything negative to say about our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank VanLoad39
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I recently purchased and redeemed travelzoo voucher for a one night package at the Hilton Niagara Falls and generally speaking enjoyed our stay. The deal offer was a great value for money however, our room and hotel overall is in need of some repair. The hotel ( or atleast the tower we were in) is definately run down in spots (which I could handle).. What I I couldn't handle was the temperature in our room! We fevershly tried to adjust the thermostate setting to a more comfortable temperature but nothing worked and we didn't feel like having a repair person in our room at 1:00.. am. This made for a very restless and sleepless night and two not so happy campers. At checkout we did complain about the heat issue and the fellow at front desk ( Tom I believe) acknowledged our dissapointment and deducted our parking charge off our bill. While it doesn't make up for the uncomfortable sleep we appreciated the gesture. In closing, overall this is a nice place, with decent dining options and just right for a one nighter- providing ofcourse your're not in the sauna room!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sofia D
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here just after new years and loved it. The room was clean, an awesome huge jaccuzzi tub that we enjoyed, comfy bed / pillows, great service and awesome to have so many fantastic restaurants right in their building.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there with toddler and wife dec 27 2012. Check in at honours line was quick and smooth and saved many minutes over the regular line. Although just gold status got an upgrade from studio falls view to 2 room premium falls view in the tower 46th floor. Wifi was spotty and pretty much unusable during the stay. The indoor walkway is great from the hotel to casino and casino parking; there is no direct elevator (just stairs) though from the walkway to casino mall- just go from the walkway, cut through the garage and there are elevators in the garage that will connect you to the casino mall. Parking at casino garage painless and only runs 10$ or "free" if you gamble using players card. We got a 40$ coupon for Brasa. The grilled pineapple was great, the chicken and rib steak were ok but the other meats were pretty over salted. As gold you get breakfast in either the grand buffet or fallsview restaurant (ask when checking in to make sure) We picked the fallsview which was a nice quiet experience with a great view. Buffet was ok but no eggs Benedict and make sure to watch the omelet station as they WILL burn your eggs. All staff at hotel and restaurants were friendly and helpful. Overall a good stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I visited this hotel the Friday before New Years. We were on the 41st floor with a falls view. It was great being able to see the fireworks from the room . We booked a two bedroom family room which was great as the kids had their own room and yet we could keep an eye of them . The line for check in was long but it may have been the time of year it was fairly easy. The valet parking gave you in and out priviledges and it was only five dollars more that self parking. This hotel is connected to shopping and the casino, also food court and resturants . The pool was also very nice. I would definately return. No issues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family