“Amazing View!!”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton on Sunday Sept 30-Tuesday Oct 2 2012. Our room was a king jacuzzi on the 28th floor. The view was amazing....the American and Canadian falls, the fallsview casino, clifton hill area and beyond!! Gorgeous both during the day and at night when the falls and area are all lit up. Room was clean, bed was comfy and we enjoyed our stay very much. Just a few minor issues: the ice machine on our floor was not working......no big deal for us; I just went a floor above to get ice. The tv in our room had poor reception and I called the front desk and was told they were in the process of upgrading. Not a big deal either, we just watched less tv. Was a bit surprised that there was no fridge or microwave in the room, no bathrobes and towels were very rough feeling. For a name like HILTON I would expect better. But even with those glitches we still enjoyed our stay. We paid 347.96 on a deal for 2 nights which included buffet breakfast both mornings, 40$ for Brasa steakhouse, 75$ for the Watermark, 2 drinks at Myst lounge and other perks we didn't use....2 passes on the WEGO shuttle, winery tour and 10$ toward lunch. Great deal!!
Tips: pay extra for the falls view...well worth it.
Buffet breakfast can be upgraded to the Watermark for 5$ per person, if you have never been to this restaurant on the 33rd floor...do the upgrade, but if you are dining here anyway then save the 5$ because the food was actually better downstairs.
Parking at hotel is expensive, park across at casino instead for 5$. Go to level 5 and take the indoor walkway to hotel from there. Great deal!!
Dinners were good at both Brasa and Watermark. With 40$ voucher for Brasa we ended up paying 70$ more, 2 ppl, 1 beer, tax and tip.
At Watermark with 75$ voucher we paid 30$ more, 2 ceaser salads, 2 angel hair pasta dishes, 1 coke, tax and generous tip! Pasta was very good!!

Room Tip: Fallsview upgrade is worth it, views are great. We stayed in room 2808
2  Thank kim n
There are newer reviews for Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had read all of the reviews on Niagara and didn't think we needed to stay more than an evening to see the sights. So, we only booked one night at this hotel. We wish we stayed longer!! We were in #4951 (up on the 49th floor in the North tower). The room and view was amazing. Of the three towers, it looks like the North tower is the highest. You can skip the Skylon if you have a room up here! You need to book a falls view (not city view)--well worth the $$$. The city view is a parking lot. Falls view is the American Falls, the horseshoe falls (Canadian), the Rainbow bridge (to the US) and the Casino. The room had two rooms, each with King beds, a jet tub, and refrig. More than enough room for 4. If the room wasn't enough, there is a Starbucks and Macaroni Grill in the lobby. The hotel also has an indoor walkway directly to the Casino. We tried to stay a second night, but the hotel was already sold-out. So, book early to get the room you want.

Room Tip: North Tower, high floors have great views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked one night here when it was a bit cheaper to stay..Sunday..just checked out this morning. We had a premium falls view room with a king bed and it was more room than we could use. Very nice experience. The first room you walked into using your room key had a queen pull out sofa, dining table, plasma tv.. We never used this room. From there you walked into a little hallway where there was a wet bar with a bathroom area off this...big whirlpool tub...and then toilet and shower behind pocket doors from there. The prize was the king sized suite area, another queen sized sleeper sofa desk, plasma tv and BEAUTIFUL view of both the US and Canadian falls. we pulled the sofa in front of the floor to ceiling windows and spent a lot of time taking in the beauty of it all. We did not have to wait terribly long to check in. There might have been 5 people ahead of us and we got a bit of an early checkin at 2. I took the advice I read on this forum and we pulled into the casino parking lot for $5. I was a bit nervous about how it would work out but it was slick. Only a little more walking than if you did the valet park. But why pay someone to park your car for you? Just not our style. We had to insert a credit card at the casino to get the validated ticket which worked just great this morning when we exited. Anyhow the hotel was great, the view might have been better a couple of doors down as I could not see the falls when sitting in the tub. We were in rm 3352 north tower and you could easily see it all. Yes it is too bad the casino is where it is but if you focus on the falls and the glass being half full you should have an amazing time as well. Will write post on Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse too.

Room Tip: I went with what everybody else said and opted for highest floor available at checking. 3352was a g...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KAFMinnesota
Reviewed September 30, 2012

A couple of warnings first: you must specify that you want a view of the Falls (and be prepared to pay for it) or you could end up looking over miles of suburbia, though most of the rooms do seem to be on the Falls side. You're a couple of blocks from the waterfront, but elevated, so you should get great views, like we did. From our room, you could see the American Falls and the Horseshoe Falls with no difficulty at all. The other warning is that the hotel is certainly not cheap.
That said, it's a great place with many places to eat and drink, including the Watermark restaurant with the best Falls views.
My wife and I chose this place for our silver wedding celebration and neither of us have any regrets for having done so. I am a Diamond Hilton member, so it is possible that our experience was enhanced as a result. The room we had was blessed with a jacuzzi bath as well as a shower, with all the usual coffee, TV and similar that might be expected. Room service was prompt and accurate.
The hotel has an enclosed walkway to the Fallsview Casino, which must be very welcome when the weather is cold.
There are three towers in the hotel - the newest and tallest is the North Tower, which is also non-smoking.

Room Tip: You MUST specify a Falls view, else there is no point in staying there. This is true of every Niagar...
1  Thank Ian H
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel was merely average for the price. The bed was comfortable and housekeeping service was good. The bathroom needed some upkeep. However, beware of the parking expenses. Self-parking is $20 per day plus taxes. If no self-parking spaces and you use valet parking, it's $24 per day plus taxes. This fee was not disclosed to us up-front. After the 1st night we found out the cost and no longer parked in their ramp. However, we were automatically charged for valet parking for the next 3 nights as well. I advised the front desk that we only parked in their lot 1 night and the additional charges were removed. I recommend parking in the Fallview Hotel and Casino parking ramp right across the street for $5 per night and it's connected to the Hilton via skyway. I also recommend the Fallview Hotel instead of the Hilton. We've stayed there twice before and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, they were all booked this time so we settled for the Hilton.

1  Thank Helen R
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for an out of town conference for my work from Wedneday, September 5th until Friday, September 7th. I absolutely loved the location of this resort. We usually stay at the Fallsview casino when I go for leisure time and social events but this hotel couldn't get any better in regards to location. It is close to everything!

The Brasa steakhouse in the hotel was absolutely amazing! The only thing I found was that service was slow if you wanted a drink. I had to ask a couple of times but tha'ts about the only minor complaint I can think of.

The hotel rooms are gorgeous and spacious. We got upgraded to a Fallsview and it was outstanding. The conference rooms were really good as well. We catered in lunch and snacks and the food was really great. No one went hungry and found something to eat.

Unforatunately since this was a work related visit I didn't have the chance to visit the pool area. I would definately book this hotel to visit during my leisure time. I am looking forward to trying out the pool and room service next. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Falls area! Even if the rooms cost more it is definately worth every penny.

Room Tip: Ask for a Fallsview or upgrade to it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

front desk personel very unhelpfull! 3 of them standing there staring at each other obvilious to line in front of them. when asked where we could park, they told us their lot was full! I asked where did they expect us to park our car and was told that was not their problem. When I went outside to the parking attendant he told me there were plently of places to park. Their view, or lack there of is horrible. Our room looks straight out at the concrete wall of the parking garage, nothing else. To get to your room from the parking garage, you have to take it to another elevator, then wander around the lobby. It seeme that there are 3 sets of elevators, a bellman said unless front desk told you which one, you would never know. ours was next to the gift shop. Room very small, so small in fact that the coffee maker is in the bathroom, very unsanitary if you ask me. Sever of the turn switches pull off the lights in the room and just a horrible experience over all. I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND THIS PLACE...LOOK FOR ANOTHER.. As a matter of a fact the whole area is a big dissapointment

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends