“One of the finest views of the Falls”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 30, 2012

A couple of warnings first: you must specify that you want a view of the Falls (and be prepared to pay for it) or you could end up looking over miles of suburbia, though most of the rooms do seem to be on the Falls side. You're a couple of blocks from the waterfront, but elevated, so you should get great views, like we did. From our room, you could see the American Falls and the Horseshoe Falls with no difficulty at all. The other warning is that the hotel is certainly not cheap.
That said, it's a great place with many places to eat and drink, including the Watermark restaurant with the best Falls views.
My wife and I chose this place for our silver wedding celebration and neither of us have any regrets for having done so. I am a Diamond Hilton member, so it is possible that our experience was enhanced as a result. The room we had was blessed with a jacuzzi bath as well as a shower, with all the usual coffee, TV and similar that might be expected. Room service was prompt and accurate.
The hotel has an enclosed walkway to the Fallsview Casino, which must be very welcome when the weather is cold.
There are three towers in the hotel - the newest and tallest is the North Tower, which is also non-smoking.

Room Tip: You MUST specify a Falls view, else there is no point in staying there. This is true of every Niagar...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ian H
Write a ReviewReviews (8,845)

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel was merely average for the price. The bed was comfortable and housekeeping service was good. The bathroom needed some upkeep. However, beware of the parking expenses. Self-parking is $20 per day plus taxes. If no self-parking spaces and you use valet parking, it's $24 per day plus taxes. This fee was not disclosed to us up-front. After the 1st night we found out the cost and no longer parked in their ramp. However, we were automatically charged for valet parking for the next 3 nights as well. I advised the front desk that we only parked in their lot 1 night and the additional charges were removed. I recommend parking in the Fallview Hotel and Casino parking ramp right across the street for $5 per night and it's connected to the Hilton via skyway. I also recommend the Fallview Hotel instead of the Hilton. We've stayed there twice before and it was wonderful. Unfortunately, they were all booked this time so we settled for the Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Helen R
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for an out of town conference for my work from Wedneday, September 5th until Friday, September 7th. I absolutely loved the location of this resort. We usually stay at the Fallsview casino when I go for leisure time and social events but this hotel couldn't get any better in regards to location. It is close to everything!

The Brasa steakhouse in the hotel was absolutely amazing! The only thing I found was that service was slow if you wanted a drink. I had to ask a couple of times but tha'ts about the only minor complaint I can think of.

The hotel rooms are gorgeous and spacious. We got upgraded to a Fallsview and it was outstanding. The conference rooms were really good as well. We catered in lunch and snacks and the food was really great. No one went hungry and found something to eat.

Unforatunately since this was a work related visit I didn't have the chance to visit the pool area. I would definately book this hotel to visit during my leisure time. I am looking forward to trying out the pool and room service next. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the Falls area! Even if the rooms cost more it is definately worth every penny.

Room Tip: Ask for a Fallsview or upgrade to it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

front desk personel very unhelpfull! 3 of them standing there staring at each other obvilious to line in front of them. when asked where we could park, they told us their lot was full! I asked where did they expect us to park our car and was told that was not their problem. When I went outside to the parking attendant he told me there were plently of places to park. Their view, or lack there of is horrible. Our room looks straight out at the concrete wall of the parking garage, nothing else. To get to your room from the parking garage, you have to take it to another elevator, then wander around the lobby. It seeme that there are 3 sets of elevators, a bellman said unless front desk told you which one, you would never know. ours was next to the gift shop. Room very small, so small in fact that the coffee maker is in the bathroom, very unsanitary if you ask me. Sever of the turn switches pull off the lights in the room and just a horrible experience over all. I WOULD NEVER RECOMEND THIS PLACE...LOOK FOR ANOTHER.. As a matter of a fact the whole area is a big dissapointment

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank GailMontgomery
Reviewed September 28, 2012

unfortunately height reins. This hotel was not on the front line so even from the 33rd floor it was hard to see the canadian falls, below that was impossible. Nice clean room plus king size bed (mattress nearing end of life - a little soft, for me at least) quoted rack rate C$170.00 plus high canadian taxes. Room had a jacuzzi bath tub Bathroom had bi-folding panels with glass inserts that opened into the bedroom - great for voyeurs ? or watching TV? Parking available though we parked for free across the street at the casino's underground parking. free if you bet a minimum of C$20 not limit on the stay. Walkable (down hill) to the falls. One annoyance $9/day/computer for internet access. Overall Basic Hilton standards.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank im44
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We booked a suite of rooms for two different weeks after we decided to visit family in Canada, and we couldn't have chosen better than this hotel. Our first week we met Tom on reception who made us feel really welcome, nothing was to much trouble. We left Niagara for a weekend in Toronto and when we return we were lucky enough to meet Patrick on reception, it seems that all the staff in this hotel want to help you, always have a ready smile and really want you to have a nice day. We ate breakfast in the waterfall restaurant which was lovely, the views are breathtaking, what a place to start your day. Staff were polite, helpfully and attentive always ready to take your camera so you could all be in the picture! We had valet parking which was a dream, rarely waiting long for the car to be brought round. We went to the Brasa restaurant both weeks and were lucky to have a guided tour from Steve the manager, who showed us his wine cellar and gave us some knowledge about the rarer wines and brandy's the restaurant stocks. We sat out on the patio one evening and enjoyed the entertainment..... only to realise that the band that who was making sure everyone was enjoying themselves were the valets who bring our cars to us! They were fabulous. All in all we can honestly say we had a fantastic time here and will be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Try to get a falls view in the south tower, amazing views
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed 1 night here and wished it was longer. Super views of both falls and Niagara. The most comfortable hotel bed and pillows ever! Really great location for walking out to see the sites. Ate at the Brasa restaurant which was really good and I would highly recommend it. Breakfast was OK but was a bit of a trek from our table to the buffet. Would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a falls view room
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends