“Very Good Deal”

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed March 17, 2012

The hotel location is beside the casino and you can walk your way to the casino.
Large and fancy rooms with King beds and Indulgence items.
Staff service was excellent and friendly
We were upgraded (with out cost) into a large suite.
Meal vouchers for the Brazilian restaurant was given to us as bonus (we didn’t ask for it)
We had a nice and romantic weekend

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank issicos
There are newer reviews for Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites

Reviewed March 17, 2012

A huge hotel, very busy at weekends. However skilled and friendly staff make up for this, plus impressive panoramic bedroom views of falls (horseshoe falls may be obscured by casino tower).
Bedrooms large and clean and only 10 min walk to falls front. Indoor walkway to casino and shopping complex/food court. Visit in the week and off season to avoid the crush.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We stayed for one night during the March Break. The Family rate of 149.00 (172.00 with tax) including full buffet breakfast and forty dollar voucher for the Italian restaurant in the hotel was a good value. Overnight parking was extra. $29.00.

The first room they gave us had a very bad smell (B.O.) and hadn't been properly cleaned. Neither of the phones worked. I went down to the desk and was immediately given a new room that was clean and not malodorous.

The pool had a water slide which was a big hit with the kids. It was very crowded. The pool area and the adjoining fitness centre were extremely warm and humid. Some additional ventilation would be a good idea. I noticed that some of the plaster on the stairs and ceiling was dissolving or had been patched due to the humidity. A bit worrisome.

The Italian restaurant in the hotel (Macaroni Grill) was surprisingly good. It's a chain and I expected it to be bland. But the Caeser salad I ordered was fresh and delicious. One of the best Caeser salads I've had in years. The pasta was good too. It was fairly expensive though. The kids meal (pizza/drink/gelato) was 12.95. Pasta was $22.00. Salad was reasonable though. $7.99. And the portions were huge. Too huge. Two adults could easily share a pasta.

The beds were comfortable and had feather pillows. But the television didn't work very well. Something wrong with the satellite. Kids really wanted to watch Discovery channel at night, but it kept cutting out. I called the front desk about it three times before giving up on it. Each time I called they told me it would be addressed (reset the box,etc.), but it never was fixed. The last time I called down, the front desk clerk said that someone might have to come to my room to fix it. I asked him to let me know if someone was coming up. He said he would. Then he never called back. And the signal was never fixed. Not a big deal for adults travelling alone. But if you have to be in bed by eight or nine with kids, it's nice to have a television that actually functions.

The hotel was well located. A short walk to the Falls, and a ten to fifteen minute walk to all the attractions at Clifton Hill. It's also right across the street from Casino Niagara.

The buffet breakfast was served on the 33rd floor with a great view of the falls. The food was good.

Not a perfect hotel, but pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MICHELLE575
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the hotel from Tues-Thurs in February. We bought one night through a discount website and then purchased an additional night through the hotel.

Check-in was quick and pleasant. The front desk staff were very polite and friendly. They seemed interested in what plans we had for our stay and made the check in seem more personable. We were told that we would have to bring our room key cards down to the lobby on the second day so that we could have them reactivated, as our reservation was made under 2 seperate resos. We did this with no issue on the 2nd day and took about 30 seconds.

Our room was lovely. It was a 2-room corner suite on the 31st floor. When we first walked in, we entered the first room complete with a queen bed, tv and closet. We proceded to walk through a hall that had a kitchenette on the right with an obstructed view of the Canadian falls and and a straight-on view of the next tower of the hotel. To the left was the large bathroom area with soaker jet tub and sink and vanity. There is also a large window that looks into the master bedroom complete with automatic blinds for privacy. I don't know why you would keep them up - you cannot see the falls while sitting in the tub... maybe for watching tv, or, ahem, a tub show!! In a seperate room within the bathroom was the toilet and shower stall. Proceeding through the hall with seperate frosted glass door was the "master room" with another queen bed, desk, tv, fireplace, and floor-to-ceiling view of the falls. We were in the tower closest to the US falls, so we did not have a completely unobstructed view of the Niagara river and falls - the casino tower blocked some of our view of the Canadian falls, but it was still very nice.

The hotel was quiet the first night - we didn't hear a peep. My boyfriend and I stayed out very late that first night, so we put the "do not disturb" sign on our room before turning in for the night. At approximately 11:30 am, housekeeping knocked at the door. We said we were still sleeping and they said they would come back. They again knocked at about 1:30 pm and we were still in the room. They yelled to us through the door to call front desk when we left and they would come back, which we did when we left for lunch at 2pm. We used a $10 off coupon at the Macroni Grill on the main floor. Very delicious Italian food. I had the pizza and my boyfriend had the deepfried mac and cheese sticks. Yumm yumm. We went back to our room about an hour later and everything had been cleaned - new towels, tea, coffee, etc. We used our coupon ($70 or $80??) for the Watermark restaurant on the top floor of the middle tower. It was a nice atmosphere (fancy) but the price of the food was insane. $40 for "chicken supreme" that they could have just called "chicken". Very good, but not worth $40. We wish now we had used the steakhouse coupon instead, especially because it rained the night we went for dinner, so we couldn't see the falls at all. We went to the lounge one floor up after dinner to turn in our free drink coupon. I'm sure this place is nice in the summer, but it was dead this night. People clearly only went there for their free drink and then left. We returned to our room at about 10pm to enjoy a romantic bubble bath (minus the bubbles). After about 30 mins, the room above us clearly became occupied and they also discovered the tub. After listening to the tub fill for about 10 mins (this was at around 11pm) we heard them slipping sliding around the tub and a few "woohoo's"! Sounded like a younger group. They were quite loud and we heard them when they came home that night too, at around 3 am, but we were so tired we hardly cared. Had we only been there for one night, we likely would have called front desk to complain.

Before check out, we used our coupon for 2 free breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant. We weren't expecting much, but it was super! Hot, cold, waffles, bacon, drinks... everything! It was a very pleasant surprise for something that was included in the cost of the room. Check out was as easy as checking in. The invoice was slipped under our door each night, so no need to settle anything as it is all done through credit card. We provided the valet with our ticket and the car was promptly brought to us after about 5 minutes - warm and ready to go!

The best part about this stay was when I left - let me explain... I realized when I got home (about an hour away), that I forgot my housecoat on the back of the bathroom door. I called the hotel that night and gave the front desk a description of the item. I was told that lost and found was closed and someone would call me back the next day. True to word, lost and found called me the next day to confirm the description and contact info I had left the night before and assured me that they would contact me regardless. The next day I received a call from housekeeping saying that they had not found the housecoat and that they were going to check to see if it had accidently been sent to laundry. Later that afternoon, I received another call from housekeeping stating that a housekeeper had found a housecoat, but they wrote a different room number on it than the one I stayed in. Turns out it was my housecoat and the room number had just been noted wrong when it was found. The hotel offered to courier the housecoat to me, but I went to pick it up the next night, as I was in the area. I was very impressed with the excellent communication from the hotel, and having lost things on vacation before, I was not expecting to ever see my housecoat again. I was more than pleased and would stay at this hotel again based on this experience alone.

Pros: Honest staff, good food on-site, covered walk-way to close by ammenities (casino, club, restaurants, convenience store), beautiful rooms, great location, fantastic packages available during off-season.
My only complaints were: no mini-fridge in the room, no bubbles for bath, fireplace consisted of an electric insert in the tv unit, and housekeeper that did not see the do not disturb sign. But these minor issues were nothing compaired to the relaxing stay we had at this beautiful hotel. We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AverageTravelGal
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We had a deal voucher for this hotel but had a great jacuzzi and a brilliant falls view. Restaurant was a bit pricy but the food was really good.

Furniture was a little tired but clean and tidy.

Room Tip: Definitely go for a falls view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Thank you Kasia for providing exceptional customer service and thank you Hilton for making my stay at your hotel an enjoyable one! Kasia provided great service and was helpful in answering my queries and concerns with the bill. We were really pleased with our room and we got a fridge promptly delivered upon request! They even let us check out an hour later than the usual check out time! Thanks for your help and I will definitely be staying at The Hilton Hotel and Suites on my next visit to Niagara. Thanks Kasia!

Room Tip: Fallsview rooms offer a great view!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Decent hotel at best. Reasons I was unimpressed:
1. No mini-bar. I wanted to put a bottle of orange juice I bought in the fridge but there was no fridge. I called the front desk and they said we could rent a minibar for $10/day
2. Multiple signs threatening guests with fines for smoking and/or stealing towels - didn't appreciate tone
3. No complimentary internet
4. Terribly long lines for reception at times
5. No movie rental service that I was aware of
6. Hallways kind of smelled strange

*One positive was the room was pretty big

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends