“Great view but they still did not impress !” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Carmel, New York
“Great view but they still did not impress !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I chose this hotel for my anniversary stay because of the view and the Hilton reputation. The view was excellent. The restaurants were very good. The valet parking was very good. The housekeeping was horrible. Thet did not clean the room one day, extra towels were not provided automatically as requeted, items disappeared but reappeared after the Manger was contacted ( due to the fact that the desk and housekeeping personel were professional sounding unprofessionals avoiding their jobs and/or issues ). Despite the view I shall not stay here again with poor leadership at the helm.

Room Tip: You have to have a view of the falls if you chooses to stay here in order to get any value.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,241)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Radnor, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stay here once and you'll keep getting terrific discount offers, which we love to take advantage of once a year. Here's a tip, though - plan your stay to skip the weekend, if possible. Prices go out of control here (as at many resorts) from Friday night to Sunday morning. This year we visited Niagara Falls for four days/nights, and spent Friday and Saturday nights at a nearby, less expensive property. Sunday we moved over to the Hilton, and got a great package which included high-story falls-view jacuzzi suites with king-sized bed, and coupons for significant $$$ off at the breathtaking top-floor scenic restaurant. Clean, of course -- and with an air of class that really hit us after our (perfectly acceptable) budget stay. Restaurants abound, there's an extensive breakfast buffet outdoor terrace bar with live music (coupons for both!), valet parking, a wonderful indoor pool with a super-fun spiraling slide. A special treat was that the pool was open quite late every night. One other lovely touch was having a narrow screened slit window in the large picture window that could be opened so you could hear the music of the falls. Highly recommended, but be smart and get your moneys' worth!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a falls-view room. This doesn't just mean being on the falls side. It's...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Soprano54
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My Husband and I had a WONDERFUL time at this hotel. I had initially booked with priceline.com, and received a room that I knew I wouldn't be crazy about, as when one books through priceline, the person is forced to bid on the cheapest room of a hotel. When we got to the Check-in desk, the clerk was very polite and understood our situation (it was our first Anniversary) and upgraded us to a Suite (with King Size bed, Fallsview, and Whirpool room)!!!! I didn't find any bedbugs, as other reviewers had said. We had a great time! You have to ask very, very politely for an upgrade...lots of smiling. If there's availability upon check-in, they are happy to upgrade your room. I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Everything was clean. We knew about the extra charges before we booked, because they are plainly stated on their website.
One thing puzzles me about the disgustingly negative reviews. Why don't they post the pictures of the feceas, bloodstains, bedbugs, rips and who knows what other unearthly horror they encountered in their room.
Is it because they don't have a bottle of ketchup or a jar of peanut butter handy?
Anyway I was to be so disgusted by what I saw as the gross misrepresentation of this fine establishment, that I was moved to write my first ever hotel review.

• Stayed November 2010
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

excellent spacious rooms with jacuzzi tub and 2 seperate rooms.
travelled with my teenage kids and motherinlaw and there was privacey and ample space for all
great pool with slide and close to all attractions confy beds and very clean throughout
i would def saty again and highly recc. this hotel

Room Tip: stay in the family suites
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
In cognito
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stay here 4 times a year and have never had any problems. When you check in you tell them you were dropped off and have no vehicle on the premises then you take your vehicle and park it at the casino parking lot next door for $5 or for free if you have the PAC card from the casino. This way you avoid surprise valet fees at the end of your stay and long wait times to get your vehicle. This is a tourist/border town, from May to October it is REALLY busy and very expensive so expect to PAY.The further away from the attractions the less money.If you want to be near everything then be prepared to pay for the convenience. The best time to come here is in the off season, Great rates on superior Fallsview rooms,not as busy and more relaxing. We stayed on a Sunday so our daughter could view the fireworks over the Falls. We reserved a King Studio with a pullout in the south tower on the 29th floor. The room could use some refreshing as it is a little drab from over the years but otherwise it was clean,large and comfortable. Amazing views.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Stormecho
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed here at the Hilton twice this year, First in January then again in February.
In January we had the two bedroom suite, it was amazing! The rooms, the view, and the bathroom were great, very clean. the main issue I had was when checking in I had two friends who were not able to make it and when I asked the GSA if I could get a single room instead of the two bedroom suite I was told they had none available. This was the first weekend of the New Year; I doubt the entire hotel was full. I just felt no effort to help me in this situation.
The second time we stayed it was in the three bedroom corner suite, which was a single room and the two bedroom suite linked together at the end of the hall, it was again a great room and great views. The staff again disappointed me with lack of service.

Breakfast on the top floor was okay, not the greatest, not the worst but again the staff was not good.

Both times I stayed there I didn’t feel welcomed or wanted by staff. I don’t know if it is because we are young adults (19-24). All in all it’s a great room with great views but for big bucks I want to feel welcomed at least, I don’t think I will stay there again, unless I can make use of the two/three bedroom suites, I don’t know of to many hotels that do have that.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends