“Great view of the falls!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites

Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“Great view of the falls!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed here for an anniversary trip for one night over Memorial Day Weekend. Before booking the room online, we called the hotel and asked which rooms had the best view. We were told that the US Fallsview rooms on floors #10-21 offered the best view of the falls versus the higher, more expensive rooms. We were able to get a slightly better rate by booking on Expedia. We selected a 2-Bedroom Deluxe Suite, and were put in room #2055 on arrival. The rooms we had offered a fantastic view of the US falls and a partial view of the horseshoe. It had a jacuzzi tub from which you could see the Falls as well as a small fireplace. There was also a small Kitchenette. Room service was good-- our friends had sent us some chocolates and a card which were nicely displayed on the coffee table. We also ordered the house champagne, which was descent and came cold and promptly. If you are planning to do dinner, I highly recommend the Brasa Brazilian Steakhouse!! Overall, the room is nice and has a great view, but it is pretty pricey. If you are on a budget, I would recommend staying here 1 night and moving on to a more economical hotel (we stayed at a B&B at Niagara on the lake that we loved as well).

Room Tip: Best view of the Falls is on floors #10-21.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,240)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Winnipeg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed in a 2 BR suite in the North Tower overlooking the American Falls. Every afternoon and evening, the aroma of the meat being cooked at the Brazilian restaurant below would waft up to the hotel room. For the price of almost $1500 for 4 nights, I was disappointed in this facility. For example, the waterslide for the pool was only opened at 5:00 P.M. daily and there were no towels available poolside. The breakfast buffet served omelettes, waffles, bacon, sausages and fruit. There were no pancakes or vegetable salads available. For the cost of this hotel, I would suggest that you stay across the street at the Fallsview Hotel & Casino. We had to pay extra for wireless internet access.

Room Tip: Book a room in the South Tower to overlook the Canadian Falls
Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Having just done my first hotel review (the Hudson Hotel, New York - horrendous experience!) I thought I should comment on the others we stayed at during this holiday. The only complaint at the Hilton is that the shower curtain had black damp marks in one corner. That aside, staying at this hotel is a wonderful experience. We ate at the hotel in a place called Brasa Brazillian Steakhouse- basically non-stop quality eating for meat eaters which both my son and I are. Worth going back just for the food! The facilities are amazing. Casino literally attached to the hotel.

Poughquag, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We just returned from our 3 nights from 7/1-7/4 from Hilton Holte and Suites in Niagara Falls. W originally booked 4 night but after what we got, there is no way we will stay the the entire 4 nights. Before we left, I read many negative reviews about this hotel from front desk, valet parking and house keeping problems, I took them with a grain of salt but unfortunately,my family encountered every one of them. The valet parking is a mess especially during check in and check out. We didn't get an option to self park and when we pulled in our car to their valet area, it was chaotic at best. Cars coming and going in every directions, we had to flag someone down to take our car and get bell serivce to pick up our bags Trying to pick up the car during checkout (10-12noon), expect to wait for 30 minutes or more. The house keeping was the worst we had encountered in all our years of travel. The house keeping seems to only change towels, make beds and pick up trash. The used cups were never replaced nor put back to the tray. The plastic lining of the trash bin and ice bucket was never replaced for 3 nights we stayed and that's with $5 tip daily. But the housekeeping and valet was nothing compare with our check in experience. I had booked a falls view 2 bedrooms suite (floor 22-32) family package and the whole family was looking forward to seeing both American and Horse Falls from the room. I also was very concern from some posts that lower floor in the north tower gets smoke from the Brasa downstair and I have asthma so I make sure we are high up. At the check in, the person who checked us in, Rachael, never greet us other than asking for the name on the reservation. She then proceed to punch up two room keys and just hand them to us without saying anything. I noticed the room was 853 and I pointed out that we booked the falls view and that's not the floor where the falls view suites are. She told me firmly that we booked the city view and not the fall view. I showed her my confirmation that has room description indicates 2 bedrooms delux falls view. Again, she firmly told me we had booked city view and what was in confirmation is the standard description for all 2 bedrooms suite. I thought I was going nuts for I do remember I booked the falls view. For the good 10 minutes back and forth, she never once look into computer to confirm nor ask anyone. She just keep repeating that I am mistaken and I only booked city view. It was frustrating beyond believe. At this point, I thought, may be I was mistaken. I then asked what happen to our family package? We were supposed to get 4 advanture packages and breakfast and dinner vouchers. She went to the back and came back to inform me that we must already got them because she can't find anything. It took some other check in person near her to tell her where to pick up the passes for us. I then had to remind her we still didn't get any breakfast nor dinner voucher. The whole checkin process went from bad to worst. This woman was incompetent, indifference and lazy because every time I reminded her she is missing something she acts as I am inconvenient her. From the beginning to end, she never once explain anything about the room, the package nor any information regarding our stay. And as my worst fear, the hallway and the room reeks of smoky odor from Brasa below. I was sucking on my inhaler for my asthma whenever I am in the room. Our room look over the casino and needless to say, our kids were very disappointed. My husband thinks I am an idiot that I can't even book the correct room. We originally booked 4 nights, after first night,we decided to shorten it to three night without incurring the penalty. The night before we checked out, I went to the front desk to ask for a copy of the profolio just to double check we are not being over charged as some posts had experienced. While looking over the statement, I asked the front desk how the room rate was broke down because we booked family package. He explained we had Fallsview family package for 2 nights and 2 nights with regular room rate. Wait, fallsview??? I told him, we don't have falls view as Racheal the check in person numerous time told me I had booked city view and she is right and I am wrong. He couldn't understand how she could be confused as it was indicated in my confirmation which I couldn't agree more. I was so flamed at this point but he explained nothing can be done until the front desk manager comes in the morning. What kind of hotel is this? I had never heard of this policy before. Not that he is to blame and I had to give him credit because he did write up the whole situation and left it for the morning manager. At this point, I was so mad that I let the idiot at check in ruined our vacation. The next morning, it took three trips to the front desk looking for the front desk manager Carol and by the third time, one of the front desk person told me that the manager had adjusted my account to reflect the mistake they made, a deduction of $400 of our total bill. The manager didn't even show her face and offer an apology. I had to demand to see her. This is simply amazing that a hotel chain like Hilton had this level bad service. This is the first time we stayed in a Hilton. We usually sticked with Marriott and Hyatt and did I regret that I booked Hilton instead of Marrriott as I originally planned. We won't be going back to any Hilton after this horrible experience.

Room Tip: Lower floor in North Tower reeks of smoke
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank NeverWantToGrowUp
Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

The Hilton is a great hotel, with amazing service and clean rooms. They have everything in there rooms expect for a fridge and a microwave, which was not necessary for the stay. The hotel has a amazing falls view. The hotel is divided into 3 towers with the north one being the tallest with 51 floors. I would really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Richmond Hill, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

stayed here on june 26 to 27 location was great and room layout was great but room was dusty and there were stains on the couch and the coffee table also hair clumps in jets of hot tub so gross nobody used it. Spoke to manager at 6 and called back at 10pm as nothing had been done Maid came to clean but my daughter wrote you suck in the dust and it was still there after the second round of cleaning. I think the worst part was the pool there were dirty bandaids around the deck(at least 10) and clumps of hair everywhere. The guy working in the pool area was eating pizza and couldnt be bothered to clean it up I always thought the hilton was this high class hotel but will always ALWAYS stay at the courtyard marriott from now on as it has always been cleanand helpful and if i do complain to a manager they fix it right away and not 4 hours later and only after i complain again.

Room Tip: dont stay here is my only tip
1 Thank oreotak
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2011

Sheets had green stains on the top when we arrived in our hotel room - had to wait for someone to come change them (house keeping was nice and helpful though)...but waiting when we had somewhere to go was annoying and not a good first welcome to the hotel...plus the lady at the desk who sent someone up didn't care or offer any apology...

The hallway air conditioning was not managed properly, as it was absolutely frigid in the hallways, and even in the room with our room A/C off.

There were extremely loud, obnoxious people in the hallways until 3AM - drinking, screaming, knocking on people's doors, etc.

Room service took over half an hr for a bottle opener & 1 piece of cake.

I have stayed at this particular Hilton before and it was pleasant - not sure why it was not great this time.

Oh, and it cost $300 for 1 night for all this.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple