We drove in from the states along with other families and friends. We had mostly younger children in each family. The hotel had ample and safe parking spaces. The location was too far to walk from the falls and their complimentary shuttle service starts at 3 pm and ends at 10:40 pm. I would recommend getting the Adventure Pass as it comes with 2 days of transportation starting at 10 am until 6 pm. You can start with the Adventure Pass bus and end with the hotel shuttle after the 10 pm fireworks at the falls. The hotel is also right in front of the White Water Walk attraction which is part of the Adventure Pass package.
The rooms are medium sized, with a small closet, 2 queen beds, a desk with wireless internet access and 2 chairs. There are 2 weak bedside lamps, 1 desk lamp, an old TV set with minimal amount of cable channels ( no Disney channel for the kids) and no DVD player. There is no small refrigerator and no microwave oven. The shower was clean and simple, wide enough shower sink. The walls appeared to be thin and you may hear the next room neighbors if they have rowdy kids.
They have an icemaker machine and vending machine at the end of each floor.Their small gym consists of about 3 treadmills and 1 TV set. The swimming pool in the 2nd floor is medium sized with a separate small hot tub at the far end. They serve regular continental breakfast along with 2 hot entrees (small omelet/scrambled eggs and sausage patties/bacon).
The breakfast was enough to jump start your day, they have enough safe parking spots, the rooms are quiet enough ( on the left of the hotel is an abandoned building and on the right is a chinese temple which is empty at night), they have bus stops right across the street and the kids in our group enjoyed the pool at the end of tiring day.
The hotel is not within walking distance of any fast food place. The nearest restaurant (Frontier Grill House) a few blocks away had inadequate service (we basically refilled our own drinks), mediocre food, long wait times and expensive prices. You are better off going to Niagara On the Lake and eating at the restaurants over there. They may be expensive but at least they will satisfy your palate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy proximity to one of the world's natural wonders when you stay at our Ramada Niagara Falls by the River. Located on the Niagara Parkway, we are the closest property to the Gale Centre sporting facility, directly across from the Great Gorge Adventure and steps from the WEGO Stop - which offers direct access to The Falls and many local sites. We are just minutes from Casino Niagara, Niagara Hornblower Cruises and Clifton Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Niagara Falls by the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn By Hilton Niagara Falls-North Of The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn