Found a deal here for $59, which made it significantly cheaper than other Niagara Falls motels of similar quality. For that price, I had no real complaints. That said, without a good discount, I'd probably choose to stay elsewhere.
First, you'll really need a car to stay here. Sure, there's some bus transport to the Falls and other sights along the river, but I can't imagine wanting to use public transportation here. You'd do much better staying right at the Falls. And you probably wouldn't want to walk to the Falls from here -- it would take a good 30 minutes.
But with a car, the location is fine. Most of the hotels near the falls are still a pretty good walk to the viewing area, so driving over from this Hampton Inn isn't a bad alternative. BTW, if you're willing to walk 10 minutes, you can find free parking in the residential neighborhoods about 2 blocks north of the large Casino. The location along the river north the Falls also gives easy access for a drive up the Parkway to the very pleasant (and winery-filled) town of Niagara-on-the-Lake.
I found my room to be very large and the furnishings reasonably up to date. The beds and linens were excellent, much better than a typical motel. My rooms was away from the elevator which seemed good, since the elevator was noisy.
The pool/sauna area is nicely located with a view across the river to the American side (you'd be hard pressed to actually see the river though). Unfortunately, the pool is very shallow and relatively small, so more suited to kids than a more "serious" swim.
The hotel almost lost it's 4-stars because breakfast wasn't particularly good. Previous reviews spoke of sausages, but no meat was served on my breakfast. Just over-cooked eggs, under-cooked hash browns, and your usual assortment of mediocre bread products and cereals. I ate it because it was there and free, not because it was particularly tasty.
One final warning I'd give to Americans right now is that they might do better staying on the US side because the Canadian dollar is "over-valued" when the two currencies trade at near equal value. Add in the expensive sales tax and there are no bargains to be had in Canada. Most everything will be 25% or more cheaper on the American side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy proximity to one of the world's natural wonders when you stay at our Ramada Niagara Falls by the River. Located on the Niagara Parkway, we are the closest property to the Gale Centre sporting facility, directly across from the Great Gorge Adventure and steps from the WEGO Stop - which offers direct access to The Falls and many local sites. We are just minutes from Casino Niagara, Niagara Hornblower Cruises and Clifton Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Niagara Falls by the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn By Hilton Niagara Falls-North Of The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn