“They redeemed themselves”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 10, 2007

After my terrible episode with TGIF on my trip in February, I came back to the hotel with a group of 5 other couples. Due to the problems we had at TGIF in February, the GM of TGIF sent me a 150 dollar gift certificate along with my 45 dollar voucher. My wife and I enjoyed as much food as we could stand but we still have credit left for the next trip. The manager remembered me and personally catered to us at the restaurant. At check-in they also remembered me and they were very attentive to my needs. Overall, everything was close to perfect and I do a lot of searching for good deals and we had the best package going on at that time.
All of the couples said they really enjoyed the accomadations and the package. We will continue to go to the NF Courtyard but to expensive from May - August.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank dondada365

Reviewed May 7, 2007

Courtyard Niagara Falls was a typical Marriott, clean and predictable. The only gimmick that kind of turned us off, was the same trick that is mentioned in some of the other reviews. We arrived shortly after 2:00pm. The hotel's checkin time is 3:00pm, and when we got there the parking lot was pretty much empty - less than 20 cars parked. We were told that at this time of the day, less than 50 minutes before their posted check-in time, there were no rooms yet cleaned, and then we got the same "upgrade" pitch, to move to a Junior Suite for only $30 more. It was pretty obvious that this was nothing more than a pitch to gouge the customer a bit more. We declined, and in fairness, the front desk did get us up onto a high floor, with a pretty good view, when we simply waited until the normal check-in time. I must say, however, that I have never run into this level of gamesmanship at any other Marriott, and I hope that the corporate HQ will possibly take a look at how this franchise is doing things. That unfortunate beginning kind of gave a poor first impression, but other than that, the stay was quiet and comfortable, and the breakfast buffet was indeed quite good.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
11  Thank NC_Traveler53
Reviewed April 29, 2007

stayed one night late April 2007 on the package offered through TravelZoo which includes $20 in gaming chips, shuttle services, breakfast, $45 dollar voucher to be used at either The Keg, TGIF or The Terrapin.

Check- in staff were most helpful and the room on the 6th floor was large and comfortable.

As i dont gamble a quick trip to the cashier at the casino and swapped my tokens for cash...excellent!

We ate at 'The Keg' as we too heard other customers making poor remarks about the service and quality of TGIF. Compared to other restaurants i felt the Keg was somewhat overpriced and the food ok. however, the breakfast was excellent. Can someone explain why The Keg does not show prices on the menu board outside the entrance?

only three niggles which are
1: $3 tokens for drinks machine! over pricing!
2: $8 to use the car park
3: $5 for 10 minutes internet access on slowish machines
(however they do offer free internet access in room if you have your own laptop!)

otherwise a good hotel in a good location

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank OdieUK
Reviewed April 25, 2007

My wife and I booked the standard room. We arrived about three hours before the standard check-in time. When I inquired about early check-in I was quoted an upgrade to a "Junior Presidential Suite" for an extra $30 CDN per night. After turning it down it was reduced to an extra $20 CDN, which we took. The upgrade was worth it. Instead of a city view room with two queen beds we got a large falls view with a king bed and jacuzzi tub.

The staff were quite friendly and helpful. The attached restaurant, The Keg Steakhouse, was very nice and our meal was quite reasonable. The location of the hotel was very good. It was a 5 to 10 minute walk to the American falls and maybe 15 minutes to the Canadian falls. The Clifton Hill district is right down the street and both casinos are in easy walking distance.

The only complaint is that I got an impression of being nickel and dimed a bit. Parking costs an extra $8 CDN a night. While they're up front about it their lot is huge and it seems a little excessive. There was also a charge for use of the internet computers in the lobby. I've never seen that in a hotel lobby and it resulted in my not using them at all (not necessarily the worst thing on a vacation but a little annoying).

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Hyph77
Reviewed April 8, 2007

We decided to take a family trip to Niagara Falls this past Easter Weekend. Although we live near Toronto, the kids had never seen the Falls and it had been many years since my husband and I had been there. After reading many reviews on this web site and elsewhere, as well as phoning several hotels directly, we decided on the Courtyard Marriott's Kids Love Niagara package. From the minute we arrived, we were treated professionally and courteously. We were consistently greeted in a friendly manner from all staff members from the front desk to the housekeeping crew. We booked a suite which had 2 queen beds in one room and a pullout couch in the sitting area which suited our preteen perfectly. The rooms are not perhaps what you would get at a deluxe hotel, but they are clean, spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable. When we arrived, we found our room to be a bit on the cool side and adjusting the thermostat didn't help. A call to the front desk brought a service man up to our room where the problem was promptly rectified. Although views are lacking, convenience is a plus at this hotel. The IMAX, Skylon and Clifton Hills are all a short walk. The shuttle is available every half hour and takes you to the Falls which would be a longer walk. The buffet breakfast was delicious and so filling we skipped lunch both days. Dinner at the onsite Keg (which is the breakfast room also), was also an enjoyable experience. The waitress went out of her way to accomodate our children's tastes. We used our $45 vouchure which was included with the package and our meal ended up costing $20 -- a great deal for the Keg! There were so many things included with this package that we didn't have time to enjoy them all. The Greg Frewin Magic Show was a highlight for sure (also complimentary ticketsand also within walking distance). The kids swam in the pool a couple of times. There is no deep end but there is a hot tub. There is an arcade just outside the pool area and the kids enjoyed using the complimentary tokens to play Pac Man, Air Hockey and Fussball. We also had access to the other Marriott in town for another magic show and puppet show which we didn't have the time to visit. However the magician did make the rounds during the breakfasts entertaining families as they ate. Truly, there was never a dull moment. Just a general tip for visitors to the Falls -- with all the package deals, coupon books, and online coupons that are out there, I would think that you wouldn't need to pay full price for any of the attractions if you did a bit of research in advance. We'd highly recommend this hotel for a family holiday.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank 4Ontheroadagain
Reviewed April 8, 2007

My husband, our three children 5,3, and 10 month old and I just got back from our stay for the Easter weekend. We had a great family trip! We had booked a package called Kids love Niagara. . It's a two night package. It was well worth the money. A buffet breakfast is included both mornings, a dinner voucher for one night. and a few other surprises with this package. We also had the pleasure of seeing The Greg Frewin Magic Show. The kids loved it. The parents liked it too. This was included with this package. The room was very nice,clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean. We had a great time.

Stayed: April 2007
6  Thank travelkidsanity
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Pros:

1. Housekeeping went above and beyond.
2. Hotel in great shape overall.
3. Awesome location - near entertainment, shopping & falls!
4. Very quiet during the week.
5. Lots of amenities (pool, hottub, fitness centre).

Cons:

1. Parking - $8 a night.
2. No views of the falls.
3. Wireless internet use - $10.
4. No smoking rooms available.
5. Local calls - $0.75!