“5 Star +”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed February 23, 2007

My Wife and I stayed at The Courtyard Feb. 21st 2007 We booked the 1 night package through Travel Zoo $89.00 CAN We had a room on the 10th floor overlooking the Falls What a view. Front Desk staff checking in and out made you want to come back 5 star + service
Dinner at the Keg Great all food cooked the way we ordered and enjoyed a bottle of Merlot from Peller Estates Our server was great as well a real sweet heart Breakfast was buffet and lots to eat, Try the omelet station Omelets made to order and GOOD Our room was spotless, bed and pillows were new Cleaning staff very friendly and always a nice smile and Hello We are looking forward to our next visit to Niagara Falls and will be staying at The Courtyard I don't know where anyone can get a better deal Sign Up for Travel Zoo and get The Deal

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Retired2004

Reviewed February 3, 2007

We enjoyed our stay at the courtyard Marriot. The rooms were clean and spacious. We did not get to experience the pool due to the weather. The location was fine. Clifton hill is just down the street. It is not a far walk to the american falls. However, it is a bit far to get up close and personal with the canadian falls. I didnt mind the walk and kind of enjoyed starting at one end (american) and working my way toward the canadian and taking advantage of the view along the way. I really think you see the most when walking. However, if you are not in good physical shape and need to limit walking, it may not be the best hotel for you. We booked the winery tour through the hotel and really enjoyed it. We also walked over to the american side and took advantage of the maid of the mist there, as well as the cave of the winds. We also walked (which I dont reccomend) to the spanish aero car. The experience was neat and the view spectacular...but it was a 6 mile walk...should have used the people movers. We ate at the Keg restaurant one night. It was good, but not worth the price to me. However, all the food in the region is pricey. Overall, I enjoyed the Marriot. Next time I may opt for a fallview hotel.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank nenni
Reviewed January 24, 2007

we stayed at the courtyard hotel from Jan 19-22, it was a very nice, relaxing weekend with my spouse and son. we got this very good deal from travelzoo website which offered $89 a night with breakfast and dinner vouchers at the Keg. it's a nice charming hotel, a walking distance to the falls and the casinos. staff were all very courteous and friendly, all requests were attended to promptly. the pool was clean. there was also an arcade which my son really enjoyed. the room we occupied, Rm 1020 had two queen size beds and the mattresses were nice and firm, with lots of pillows. for the price we got, we were truly more than satisfied. we definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank jovet
Reviewed January 7, 2007

We stayed at the Mariott on Jan 4&5th. We had booked the $89.00 special on travel zoo which included the night at the hotel, breakfast buffet and a $45 dinner voucher for either the Keg restaurant in the hotel or the TGIF's around the corner. When we arrived, we were offered an upgrade to a "presidential suite" which included a fireplace and in room jacuzzi for an additional $20. Since this was a night away for Mom and Dad we took them up on the offer.

Room was very nice, had a partial view of the falls and Clifton Hill. It was spacious, clean and the jacuzzi and shower were very nice, obviously recently remodeled. The shower reminded me of one that you would find at a resort in Mexico, all tiled with glass door.

Staff were all very polite and helpful. I have never seen such a nice staff as a whole in a Canadian hotel. Usually they are polite but indifferent, these people seemed to really care that you had a good time.

Location - great if you are not worried about a great view of the falls. Two blocks from Clifton Hill where all the activity is and only about a 10 minute walk over to the falls themselves. We walked over the Rainbow Bridge to New York one morning.

Breakfast buffet was great. Had an egg station where you could have omelettes or eggs cooked to order and a full selection of hot and cold items. Food tasted greated.

Only negative was the TGIF's for our dinner. They are beyond overpriced, a fountain pop will run you $5.00 and a steak around $40.00. Cheapest alcoholic drink was $11.00 with 1 oz of liquor. Long story short, the worst food and service I have ever seen or had anywhere in any country!! I honestly do not know how this place is still operating. If they were in any other city where they depended on customers to come back they would have closed the doors a long time ago! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY AT THIS RESTAURANT!! With so many choices in the area, everything has got to be better. If you go with a package deal, definitely go to the Keg. They are more fairly priced for this neighboorhood, the service much better and the food better.
We told the hotel manager how terrible our experience at the TGIF's was that night and that we hadn't even ended up being able to eat our food and she promptly gave us 2 new vouchers to get a dinner at the Keg. That's service! She did say that we were not the only guests to have echoed this same problem about TGIF's.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank MaggieOntario
Reviewed January 6, 2007

The Marriott Courtyard was Clean, Comfortable and honestly better than on the other side of the River. The room was a good size, quiet and bathroom was very large with the double sinks and dressing room outside of the bath/toilet room. Couldn't complain on the room but parking charge should be waved in almost winter months. It seems a rip off with a half empty hotel. We only stayed one night and not on a package. LCBO is almost across the street. A bottle of wine and a take in Pizza make for a romantic night after a pleasant walk around the Falls area. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank highlandsally
Reviewed January 2, 2007

Stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott December 15th for one night. Hotel stay was non-eventful as the hotel itself is a decent place to stay.

Approximately 3 weeks after my stay I received my credit card statement and the Courtyard charged me an extra $250.00!

When I called the hotel they stated that it was because someone had smoked in the room.

1. I don't smoke!
2. I was never made aware of a $250.00 "fine" if the "Courtyard Police" assume you had been smoking in the room. While I support there new policy, I don't feel it is being enforced correctly.

What is stopping them from charging $1000.00 because they feel you left too much garbage in the room?

I did not even receive a telephone call from the hotel inquiring about the situation or notifing me of the the charge before hand.

I am now left to dispute the charge with my credit card company and if that fails, civil litigation to recover my money.

Think twice!!!!

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with friends
12  Thank tooloon
Reviewed December 28, 2006

We go to Falls every now and again as a qucik getaway as its only a 2 hr drive.

This is the third hotel we've tried, and it was also the least expensive. Realistically you get what you pay for. With that in mind, the hotel is well kept and very clean. The room was cozy and comfortable with a clean bathroom.

The Keg dinner included in our package was good as was the service. The buffet breakfast on the other hand wasnt very impressive. It had a made to order omlette statiion (smalled then the competitors made to order omlette station) and other then that the food had variety but was ... bland.

Dislikes: fee for parking, breakfast 3/5.
Likes: the reception staff were extrememly nice and helpful, they guided on us where to park for free when we wanted to go visit soem touristy attractions.

For someone who has seen the falls and doesnt want to pay for a hotel that includes a fallsview but is rather there to relax then its a perfectly suitable hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple