“Great Package and Pleasant Stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed September 22, 2005

Hi! We stayed at the Courtyard for 2 nights (Sun & Mon) under the package deal. We got breakfast both mornings and the $45 dinner voucher. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the dinner food in the Keg was amazing. Definetly get a steak though cause my mom's prime rib was the best I ever tasted. My chicken was just so-so...get a steak. Our room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed or wanted...coffee pot, hair dryer, iron, clean sheets and blankets, table and chairs. They give you tokens to use in the vending machines..just don't use them and you won't be charged. The parking was $8 a day but no hassle. It is a big lot and easy to come and go. We could even see our car out the room window. The pools were nice...whirlpool was amazing...so bring a bathing suit. The whole experience was relaxing and hassle free. My reservation was in order when I arrived and everything was as expected. Check-in took about 3 mins and I got the non-smoking room close to elevator I requested. The hotel is at the top of the Victoria Ave/Clifton Hill area...easy walk to the Clifton Hill strip with tons of restaurants and haunted houses. It is a bit further of a walk to the falls or casinos but you can walk it. The hotel also offers a wonderful shuttle bus to take you to any attraction. The bus was very convenient and comes about every 30 mins. Overall, I recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

8  Thank DearJenn

Reviewed September 20, 2005

My wife and I arrived at the Courtyard around 6 PM and got a great room on the 10th floor facing the falls. You couldn't see the falls from our room, but you could see just above them, where the rivers run to it. You could also see the mist from the Falls. Our room was excellent. No complaints at all. We were staying 3 days, so we got one of the 2 day packages and one of the one day packages. This gave us a great breakfast buffet each morning and 2 vouchers of $45 each for dinner at "The Keg". Also, you got to use the casino shuttle which took us every or anywhere we wanted to go, and came by every 30 minutes. We used one voucher our first night at the Keg on site and the dinner was excellent. We happened to be down by the Marriott Fallsview a couple of nights later, and discovered that there was another Keg restaurant on the 9th floor of the Embassy Suites that had a great view of the falls. We asked if they would honor our dinner voucher there, and we were glad to hear that it would be honored for $40.00 We had a table right next to the window and the view was outstanding. We had considered staying at one of the Fallsview Hotels with a very over inflated price and we were glad that we didn't, because you couldn't beat this view and just for the price of dinner. We were there about an hour and a half or more and were able to see the Falls in daylight as well as after it got dark and the lights were on the Falls. This was a great deal. Thanks Courtyard for all of your hospitality and your great hotel.

4  Thank royt5
Reviewed September 12, 2005

I reviewed all of the reviews for this motel prior to our stay but decided to continue with the reservation, keeping in mind the prior comments by other friendly reviewers, such as "room still smelled like smoke", "upgrade for additional $15" and "$8 parking fee".

I reviewed my e-mailed confirmation and noticed that even though I made a special request for non-smoking, they had denied my request by saying "non-smoking not available." I immediately called the motel the night before the reservation and spoke with Assem. I reported that I had severe allergies to smoke (which I do), and he assured me I would be placed in a non-smoking room. For those of you who have any questions before arriving at a motel, and you speak to someone, ALWAYS get a name.

I arrived around 7:30 pm - I would have arrived 1 hour earlier but I followed the directions offered by the Courtyard by Marriott website. We got lost. I called the motel and they transferred me to the concierge who apologized for leaving out a few directions in the internet write-up and assured me she would leave a note for someone to update the directions.

Assem checked us in with the $8 parking fee (thanks for the heads up), and upon entering my room noticed we were upgraded to a whirlpool room with a fireplace with absolutely NO SMELL of smoke. We very much enjoyed our stay and the cooperativeness of the staff.

2  Thank maadta
Reviewed September 2, 2005

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We arrived earlier than checkin and was able to get our room. I had booked a Room with a King Sized bed and a whirlpool tub in the room. When i got in the room i noticed they had upgraded our room for free. Our room was upgraded to a king size bed with whirlpool tub and also included a fireplace and pull out sofa which was very nice. We got a spa package deal. I highly recommended getting a package. We got breakfast everymorning which would have been 20 per person each morning. We got 2 $45 dollar vouchers to the choice of 3 restaurants and we got 2 massages b/c we booked two 2 night packages. I can't say enough good things about the breakfast buffet they had everything you could imagine from cereals,pastries,yogurt,freshfruit, potatoes, pancakes, bacon, sausage, toast, english muffins, bagels,scrambled eggs, made to order omlette station, waffles with numerous fruit toppings, and of course juice and coffee.
The room was always spottless and they always left extra towels each night. Parking was 8 dollars a day but i didn't have to take the car anywhere except for niagara on the lake. We walked everywhere we went and it was only about a 5-10 minute walk to the falls.. Highly recommend this hotel. Everyone was very pleasant and our stay was wonderful

4  Thank llp1584
Reviewed August 28, 2005

We were there for six nights. The hotel is probably okay for a short visit but I will not stay there again

We booked the hotel thru. [-] and got what I thought was a good rate. When we got there they tried to get us to upgrade to a jr. suite for $15 extra/nt, and as in the other write-up, they gave us the jr. suite after we turned down the offer.

The room looked cleaned but smell like tobacco. My husband had trouble breathing thru out the trip. I sleep recline the last night of our trip because I couldn't breath otherwise. Do not stay here if you have allergies

The cleaning ladies were very nice and left us add'l towels, shampoos, etc. whenever we asked

The hotel is half a block from Clifton Hill, which is the hot spot. Unlike the other hotel nr. Clifton Hill, who provides the parking for free for hotel guests, this hotel charged $8 a day for parking. This fee was not indicated on the info given when I purchased the pkg., and we had no choice but to pay the fee once we got there.

There is also a $9/pp charge for the shuttle that takes you to all of the popular sites - the falls, the casinos, etc. These sites are within walking distance of the hotel so walk if you wish. But the hills are rather steep so if you have problems get the pass

They also oversold the restaurants - there is only one, which is "the Cafe" during the day, and becomes the "Keg Steakhouse" at night. The Cafe serves buffet breakfast for $20.99 pp. If you can, go to The Market at Niagara Casino for their buffet - $6.99 pp breakfast and $14.95 dinner. There is a larger selection and the food is much better as well (no omelets though). There are several family restaurants on Clifton Hill for a la carte breakfast that would (likely) add up to less than the $20.99 pp

There is coffee pot and packages in our room, but they also have coffee/teas service in the lobby before 10AM. The hotel staff did not provide this info, and some guests apparently went and brought coffee from across the street

The phone is the room didn't work properly, and does not connect to housekeeping, front desk etc so if I wanted a wake up call I call the hotel's local no. , then get the hotel operator to forward me to the front desk.

There is no concierge. Unless you are interested in buying a tour, the staff behind the Tour/Info desk provided only brief responses

Our last night was a nightmare. The person next door decided to use his Jacuzzi at about 3AM, and the motor kept us awake. I called front desk and the Manager refused to call the guest to let him know that he is disturbing our sleep. He first offered to move us to another room, which I turned down (it was, after all, 3AM in the morning and I was leaving the next day) Since he made this offer, he told me there was nothing he can do for me otherwise. Only at my insistence, he credited our account for the parking fee (that no one else charges) and gave us free breakfast (that costs 6.99 pp elsewhere)

I called Customer Care at Marriottpackages - the lady I've spoke with said I was most likely not going back to sleep anyway, and what if the other guest says no, he won't stop the Jacuzzi. She appeared to be more interested on telling me that Marriott was right, rather than being understanding about our discomfort during our vacation

We book the trip based on Marriott’s reputation. In short, I am very disappointed at both the hotel and the response by Marriott Customer Care. Don't expect much and you may not be disappointed

NY

4  Thank mellowY
Reviewed August 23, 2005

This hotel was very nice and clean. We asked for a non-smoking room but when we went up to our room, it was very obvious that someone had smoked in there. We asked for another room, and it was very smokey smelling as well! But since my hubby was embarrassed to ask for another room, we didn't bother. We just had the maid come in to spray it down to kill the stench. The room was very clean and comfortable. The "fireplace" is cute, I thought it would give off heat, but nothing, it's just for looks. The hot tub in the room was pretty amazing! Oh, and the bed and pillows - HEAVEN!! I even went out and bought the same pillows that they had in the room because it was the best sleep I've ever had!!

I forget which site we used to book the hotel, but they gave us a nice deal with breakfast included and discounts at their restaurant. We loved the breakfast every day, and the magic card trick guy who came around to entertain us. They also provide the free shuttle to the falls and casinos, which was very convenient since it was FREEZING when we were there and we coudn't walk anywhere since everything was frozen over.

But we really liked the hotel, we might consider staying there again if the Radisson (close by) isn't available.

• Stayed: December 2004
3  Thank ayakeela
Reviewed August 22, 2005

My family or four stayed at the Courtyard August 13-17, 2005. We booked one room with 2 queen beds but when we got to the hotel at 2:45 (check in is 3:00) there were no rooms of this type clean. The hotel staff said they wouldn't be ready for quite a while so she offered to upgrade us to a junior presidential suite for 10.00 extra per night. We accepted and went up to our room. The room was clean and spacious. It had a king bed and a pull out sofa with a jacuzzi tub that my kids enjoyed. The queen pullout would have been uncomfortable for an adult, but it served the needs of my kids well.

When we booked the room we also bought the package deal with two free breakfasts and a 45.00 coupon for dinner at one of three restaurants. We went to the Keg for dinner twice while we stayed in Niagara Falls and it was very nice. The steaks were all cooked well except one (and this is a total of 8 steaks during our stay). The Keg did recook that steak for my husband when we let them know it was overcooked. They also comped us a free dessert for the trouble of waiting. We also ate at the Courtyard Cafe buffet each morning for breakfast and you can't beat the food. It was great for a buffet! I wouldn't have paid for it (19.00 for an adult) if it weren't included in the room price, but it was very nice as a promotional item.

The Courtyard staff were wonderful. Each time I made any request for something to be brought to the room the staff was at the door within a minute or two. I've never had such prompt service from a hotel.

The Courtyard was a very nice experience. I'd recommend it.

5  Thank Shanyone