“Great Stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Nova Scotia
Reviewed March 9, 2005

Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott with 5 friends in the 2 Room Family Suite and was more than pleased. The room was a great size and accomodated us all with its 2 queen beds and pull-out in the living area. There was ample room for us all.
The pool was excellent and so was the whirpool. FItness centre was basic but I didn't use it anyways. Staff was good and answered any questions we had as best they could about the area and attractions. It's in a great location for restaurants and walking distance to Clifton Hills.
All in all I will return to this hotel before venturing anywhere else. I recommend it to all.

• Stayed: January 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed February 28, 2005

We just returned from our two day getaway in Niagara Falls. Our stay at the Courtyard Marriott was a unbelievable. We purchased the two day package, which if you can, try to do this on a Sunday night, Monday night stay. Very cheap!!!! Our room was great, clean, and exactly as pictured. The jacuzzi in our room was better than expected, as was the view considering it's not a fallsview hotel. (if you are going in the winter you don't want a fallsview room cause you arent' going to see anything but fog, ice and snow anyway!:)) The staff was wonderful. Polite and helpful and sooo friendly. The pool and workout room was great! But the best part I think was the phenomenal breakfast. The buffet comes with the 2 night package. You get two buffet breakfasts each morning. They have made to order omlets, homemade waffles. pancakes, bacon, sausage, pastires, toast, bagels, 10 kinds of cereal... I could go on and on. Great coffe, great food and great service at breakfast. I would have PAID $14 that it normally costs to eat this breakfast. Now I also heard someone come in and ask for the room rate. They were quoted $99 a night for the a smaller room than I had. I paid $224 for two nights, it included a $45 dinner voucher, four breakfasts and shuttle all over town...
When you go to dinner, go to the Keg House as opposed to Fridays. The food is great at both but the Keg House has the most wonderful steak. You WILL eat more than the $45 voucher but I am not complaining it was worth every single penny and more and the staff there is wonderful and friendly as well!
All in all it was wonderful... not overly elegant but clean, updated, not overdone, and a definite steal for the money!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2005
9  Thank thass
Reviewed February 2, 2005

I had a great stay at the Niagara Falls Courtyard in June of 2004. The staff was great and even upgraded our room at no charge. Great location, rooms with hot tub were wonderful!! The only bad thing was the coupon for dinne rthey gave us, the way they worked it didn't make any sense and it seemed to make your meal more expensive then it should have been! The pool was tiny and over crowded but the place was spotless! The food in the steakhouse was delicious!!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 13, 2004

We went for a weekend getaway for my birthday in November 2004. Having stayed at the Embassy Suites overlooking the falls last year, we decided to stay somewhere more affordable this year. I booked a Jacuzzi/fireplace suite online, after much thought. I didn't think it could be as nice as it sounded. We were pleasantly surprised.

From check-in to checkout, everyone we dealt with was pleasant. The room was very clean and well maintained. We enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub, there were plenty of towels available. The exercise room had the right amount of equipment for a quick workout. We were pleasantly surprised to find the new casino to be within an easy 10 minute walk (in nice weather only). We didn't take advantage of the shuttle, but it appeared to be a great value.

If I had to list any complaints... the in room jacuzzis are very loud for the neighboring rooms. No other sound can be heard, but the water and jets definitely come through loud and clear. My other complaint has nothing to do with the hotel itself. The taxes are absolutely outrageous, so be prepared for sticker shock. Our 2 night stay included approximately $50 in taxes. I've read complaints about the parking fee but it is about the same in all of Niagara Falls. Parking is at a premium.

All in all this hotel is an excellent value in a great location, providing that a fallsview room is not your priority. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2001
9  Thank chrelaine
Reviewed October 26, 2004

We really enjoy our stay, we booked the two day package (whirlpool suite} twice and then stayed another extra night the price was great less than $400 for 5 days, which included 2 dinners and 4 breakfasts plus a shutter pass to the Casinos and the falls attractions we loved our room and the services we received, are planning on returning in the spring 2005.

3  Thank jubus69
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed October 19, 2004

I stayed one night on Oct. 7. The room was nice and the staff was good. It is close to Clifton Hill. You can feel free to take a walk to Clifton Hill, but not to the main fall. It's ok to take a walk to the main falls, since it's a downhill way. But it's not easy when you want to talk a walk back to hotel from the main fall, since you have to overcome the uphill road. It would take you at least 20 minutes more on an uphill way. It is not easy for me with two small kids. The distance between hotel and the main falls was far than I expected originally.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Brunswick, NJ
Reviewed October 17, 2004

I was very pleased with my stay at this establishment. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check in early and received a complimentary upgrade from a jacuzzi suite to a jacuzzi suite with a fireplace (wasn't real). Room was spacious and clean. The pool was awesome. Each chair around the pool had a towel draped over it and towels were well stocked. The whirlpool was clean and hot and bubbly. We even used the dry sauna and my skin was glowing once I got back to the room.
Also, we were within walking distance to everything! The falls, Imax, Clifton Hill, Skylon Tower!! I would definitely stay here again

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member