“Family stay at the falls”

Courtyard Niagara Falls
Ranked #10 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
London, Canada
“Family stay at the falls”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is my first time writing a review although I always read the reviews of a hotel before booking a stay. The Courtyard Marriott checked off all the boxes for our purposes. We were a group of eight looking for a convenient, hassle-free overnight stay; and that is what the Courtyard did. We had four teens with us who were all wanting different menu choices, and were hungry. We decided to eat at the Kegs in the Hotel. I like the food at the Keg but have always been disappointed with my experience at the Kegs because of their serving style. I always have a feeling of being rushed through my meal. This was not the case. They seated our group in private location at the back of the restaurant where we a had a wonderful relaxing dinner. The wait service was very attentive without being intrusive. I was grateful for that as our family from overseas had already had a less then memorable experience in Toronto at restaurant were they had paid a good amount of money and were expecting great food and wonderful service, and did not get it. Thank you the Keg.

Our hotel room was large, met our needs and was well priced. Our families were beside each other, and again we appreciated that convenience. The hotel is conveniently located to all local attractions and was well kept. The boys liked the TV screens in the front lobby that kept them informed of daily news events. Good value for your money.

Now, for the reason why I decided to write the review. In our rush to be ready in the morning I had left my Kobo Arc on the bed. My heart sank when I discovered what I had done while unpacking. I quickly called the hotel and was put through to the housekeeping department. The lady on the phone was very helpful and went down to the laundry room. When returning to the phone she asked me to describe my kobo. They had found it, I was so relieved. She asked how I would like it returned, even suggesting to me that she would personally wrap it and mail it off. In a few days it arrived back to me in perfect condition. I cannot tell you how appreciative I am. Thank you.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone as their customer cannot be matched.

1 Thank Karey O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 23, 2013

First, I would like to say that there aren't any nice hotels in Niagara Falls. All the hotels are chain hotels in a terrible tourist area attached to casinos. The Marriott is probably one of the better hotels. The entire hotel is tastefully decorated in a contemporary style.

The rooms are a good size and are also clean. However, the decor is nothing special and looks like every other Marriott all over the world. The bathroom is an awkward layout and has a combined shower and tub. I couldn't find the robe and slippers, though. We didn't have a view of the falls; instead, we had an awful view of the main tourist street.

One of the nicer things about this hotel is that it is a good family hotel because it is not attached to a casino, therefore there is no smoke smell inside the hotel.

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Was here 5 days on summer vacation. The hotel is beautiful, clean and in the midst of EVERYTHING! We walked or caught the WEGO which comes right in front of Denny's. We purchased the adventure pass online .Its not a huge differentce from the pass this hotel offers and less expensive. Do your research. Wifi was free and our room was gorgeous and spacious. The pool area was a great lounge area after a long day. We had the breakfast buffet once but found that if we drive maybe a mile you will find tons of breakfast deals with more to choose from. BTW we had a hard time getting out of bed they were so comy. We enjoyed this hotel and would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Family Suite with strip view was pretty at night. my boys loved it. No noise..ever.
1 Thank Divamom521
Milton
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel is close to all attractions on Clifton Hill and a short walk to the falls. The room was large and very clean. The 2 night package included a 48 hour WE GO bus pass which allows you to travel throughout Niagara to all attractions. Breakfast was included and we received a $40 voucher for dinner at the Keg.
We had a king room with whirlpool bath. Only negative is that the bathroom has the shower and toilet but the sink and vanity are in the room next to the big tub. It makes it a bit hard for one person to continue to sleep when the other is up and getting ready. Other than that it was better than expected.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Herbiesmom55
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard with our 3 eight year old grandsons. Everything was as good as I remembered from a similar visit a year ago. The room was large, clean and attractive. The youngster who was assigned the rollaway said it was as comfortable as his bed at home. We decided to take the tour of Niagara Falls offered by the hotel. It was pricey, but worth it. We have run out of grandchildren so probably won't be returning to Niagara Falls, but if traveling with children, this hotel has it all. Clifton Hill (nearby) has everything little boys want, and there are some decent restaurants in the area. A good experience for all of us.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Getaride
Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have stayed at the Courtyard on every trip we make to Niagara Falls.
We arrived around 2:00 and check in was not until 3:00. The young lady checking us in was able to locate a room that was ready for us. We had a special rate and she verified the rate and told us no problem.

The room was clean as always. Room was very spacious for us and the two grandchildren. We had a great view from our room for watching the fireworks. One of the kids had a nose bleed onto the sheets, we talked to the maid and she said no problem, she would change the sheets. We apologized for the inconvenience and thanked her.

Breakfast was included for the adults and was great as always. We paid for the kids breakfast but where in Niagara Falls can you get a great breakfast for only $16.00 (cost of 2 kids breakfast.? For us, it was the right choice.

Pool area was nice. It was in the 90's when we were there and the pool was getting a lot of use. We two pools they were never too crowded.

We did not receive lower channels on the TV, they were fuzzy. I called the lobby and was told they were converting to digital and by Tuesday we would have all channels. We left on Wednesday and the channels were still fuzzy. We weren't there to watch TV so we made the best of it. There is wifi in the rooms, it is slow but workable.

The only problem we had was upon checkout. Our bill did not reflect the special rate that was confirmed upon checkin. I had the emails that were sent to me but the manager could not find their copies of those emails and was going to charge the incorrect rate because he could not accept my copies of the emails.. After 15 min of going back and forth I went outside to call customer relations (you cannot get decent cell connections in the lobby). As I was speaking to customer relations the mgr came out to say they found the correct price. All said, after approx. 25 minutes we were charged the rate I reserved the room at.

All and all, I would stay at this hotel again, this was the first and I hope only time I will have a problem.

IN
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This place was great. I got it for $85 on Priceline. My room was going to be a double, but the gentleman at the front desk upgraded us to an awesome king bed room with a big jacuzzi tub! It was a huge room... no complaints at all. There was supposedly an $11 parking fee, but they didn't charge us, so that's cool! GREAT place to stay for sure.

Room Tip: If you can see the falls, that would be sweet as
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple