“Keep your wallet handy”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Pros: it is Marriott, good bedding, trained friendly staff, clean, close location, the Canadian side, early check in was granted,

Cons: I hate the Courtyard brand, no free coffee in this one, no Marriott breakfast, although I am Platinum Elite member no one offered us food vouchers, or a room upgrade and place was empty the first week in June. Charging $12/night for parking, I thought NY was across the river. The lot was empty too. The view was of a full service US Marriott Hotel that I should of stayed at. The Keg has prime prices with select quality.

...even with using my points I was disappointed in this place, hope it was just the Courtyard jinks.

Room Tip: the view does not matter, you can not see the falls
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bev N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We would like to offer our sincere apologies regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We have shared your comments with our Front Desk Manager so that he may address your concerns with his associates directly. We at the Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls are known for our friendly and accommodating customer service and want to ensure that this level of service does not occur again. You truly are a valued Marriott Platinum Elite guest and we certainly want to remain your first choice in hotels whenever and wherever you travel. We hope you will reconsider our hotel the next time you are visiting Niagara Falls.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Very nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, close to nice restaurants. Stayed at the Courtyard Marriott with our lacrosse team beginning of June 2013. On Sunday when leaving for game our Friends discovered their SUV was missing (STOLEN) from the parking lot. There are signs in parking lot to warn not responsible for missing items, there are also camera in parking lot but management said cameras were not on SUV. I believe cameras were just not taping. You do have to pay for parking each night of stay at this hotel with that I would think your cars would be safe. Our friends did get their parking cost back but had to pay for their stay. Plus outdoor pool was not open.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed for one night for weekend getaway. Hotel is near Clifton Hill and a short walk to the Falls. It has good amenities, pool, gym, a "Keg" restaurant. We were offered dinner vouchers for the Keg and breakfast. Parking is readily accessible on the hotel grounds (behind) and near the main attractions. We stayed on the 6th floor, which was great, our room had an open whirlpool bath for two, and a fire place. There are no views of the Falls from this hotel. Our friends stayed on the 1st floor, the rooms looked like basements... do not get a ground floor/first floor room. No fireplace, no whirlpool bathtub.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 1st floor rooms, they feel and look like basements.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Recently stayed 3 nights at this property. It was a really nice facility, reasonable rates, and ideal location. Only grips - come on, you can't give us a cup of coffee in the lobby in the mornings?? The television signal in the room is terrible (snowy, grainy). They did tell me they are in process of changing to digital soon. But, who comes to NF to watch TV anyway, not a biggie. Overall excellent hotel though and would definitely stay again.

1  Thank GaryC103
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Checked in early and was upgraded to a whirlpool, fireplace room. Excellent kindness on the part of Marriott people, they know how to take care of their own! I have a timeshare with Marriott and they haven't made my wife and I feel special and this occasion was no different. Everyone from front desk, concierge, and housekeeping very friendly. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed for two nights with my wife & two kids. Great hotel for family.... clean rooms... nice modern looks... conveniently located... and great staff. Location - about 10mins walk from the falls area. Staff - I booked room with two queen beds... but during check-in... they had only one such unit available at the lobby level... i didn't want to stay at the lobby level... and the lady checking me in quickly realized my feeling... and offered me an upgrade... king bed room (+ sofa bed) with in-room jacuzzi at a higher floor. It was quite a busy time (we went during the memorial day weekend)... and I really appreciated the lady taking the time to find me a better room. I also called the front desk a few different times with different questions... staff were always very welcoming... took all the time to ensure my questions got answered. Breakfast - Hotel charges separately for breakfast... there were a lot of restaurants around this hotel offering breakfast... so we decided to venture out and have breakfast outside the hotel. It was a mistake... food in the surrounding restaurants were very pricey (compared to the quality they offer)... so if I go back again... i will perhaps try the breakfast in the hotel itself. WiFi - There was a note in our room that due to some technical issues... internet may not be working. We were not very happy about it. But incidentally when we checked with the front desk... they gave us the wireless passwords... and both our devices (1 android + 1 iPad) worked perfectly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Marriott overlooks Horseshoe Falls on the Ontario side and provides an unbelievable view. All the rooms are on the river side and one cannot get a bad view. The restaurant is also very good and tops off a great experience.

Room Tip: One can't get a bad room, but higher is good. We were on the tenth floor and it was a grand vie...