“awesome”

Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Recently had a wonderful time at Courtyard by Mariott Niagara Falls via Travel Zoo. Checked in on a Monday in May and they upgraded us to a lovely room with zaqcuzzi and fireplace. with the Travel Zoo package we got the room ($119.00 value) $40.00 voucher for the Keg on the property, $25.00 Petro Canada card and a wine tasting on NIagara on the Lake which was actually pretty awesome. We also got a wonderful buffet breakfast with this deal. The room was awesome. the only down thing was the walk to the falls. Not bad on the way there but walking up Clifton Hill on the way back was a challenge! But all in all it was a great deal !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debra P

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel - it seems the hotel has been recently renovated. The front lobby is modern, clean, very nice! Extremely friendly front desk staff. Helpful, always said "hello" when we passed through the lobby. Our room was on the 7th floor - recently renovated, very spacious. Our room was clean, bed was very comfortable. Nice white bedding. It seemed like there were a lot of people staying in the hotel, but it was very quiet in our room - no hallway noise or neighboring room noise. We were about a 5 minute walk from Clifton Hill and a 10 minute walk to the falls from our hotel. Very nice location. The Keg is attached to this hotel and we had a wonderful, tasty breakfast there the morning we left. $15/pp and it was well worth it. We felt very safe walking in this area in late evening after viewing the lit-up falls. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RRiderSSK
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I recently booked a one night get-away at this hotel. We booked a special that included the room, a gas card, a buffet breakfast, a voucher for a restaurant and a wine tasting. The hotel advertised free wi-fi as well. When we arrived we were told that the breakfast was not available due to the kitchen being renovated. They promised to reimburse us for our breakfast cost. The breakfast of one omelette, toast coffee and juice at Denny's across the street cost us $26 each! When we presented the receipt they only would honor $30. I would have much rather eaten at their buffet. The wi-fi was almost non-existent. I overheard another guest complaining about it also. The only saving feature of this get-away was a nice room with a comfortable bed. The staff was kind, but not really helpful. The manager was on a break when I requested to talk with her. I have called and left a message, leaving my phone number, but have not received a return call after a week. The gas card and the wine tasting voucher have not been used yet. We were told they would be valid for one year. I'm not hopeful based on this experience.
I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. They do not deliver on their advertised promises. Courtyard Marriott in Niagara Falls, Ontario, you have lost my trust and my business. We have booked many of these get-away weekends with Hilton and Embassy Suites and have never been disappointed before. From now on, they will get my money.

1  Thank Dedemarie
Bev N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me on Monday regarding your experience at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies again for the problems you encountered with our internet connectivity and Breakfast renovations.

We are in the process of upgrading our internet service to better serve the needs of our clientele.

We hope that you will reconsider visiting our hotel again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Amazing service.

Had a queen size room but got upgraded to a suite for the same price because I had 5 people with me

Very very clean

Suite was spacious almost bigger than most bachelor condos in Toronto

Complimentary parking for the second driver that came with us

Amazing location in the middle of everything

Amazing price for what you get

Paid $293 for two nights and that was a suite we got upgraded to

Great staff

Wifi worked very well for us

I'd recommend this to anyone trying to go on a romantic get away or a birthday party

Will definitely be coming back for sure

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Dmrwriter
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stopped by as we were driving down to the Falls just to see if there were rooms available and despite it only being 9:30am we were checked in and given the room key! I was amazed at the service. Went up to the room and it was surprisingly spacious-I have stayed in rooms classed as suites that were smaller than this one. Our view wasn't great, but the kids loved watching the elevators come and go on the Skylon. The room comes equipped with a small fridge (very small) but it's a nice feature. It is a short walk to Clifton Hill, the Falls, plenty of restaurants etc from this location. For us it was the best of both worlds-right near the action without being overwhelmed with the antics of the party crowd that you get with some of the other hotels around here. The service and facility both exceeded our expectation, we will be back.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

at the Mariott Courtyard, Niagara Falls. We were there for our granddaughters yearly dance competition. We were treated nicely & they upgraded our room (to the junior honeymoon suite don't you know) so we could be on the same floor as our daughter & grand daughter. It is nicely located with only a 5 minute walk to every attraction there. We had two good nights sleep in quiet even though the hotel was full due to dance, hockey & barber shop quartet competitions. The Keg is at the base of the hotel which made it easy to dine. A good hotel with courteous staff.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

No complaints. If you have ever stayed in a Courtyard by Marriot hotel you can expect the same experience at this hotel located in Niagara Falls. I have stayed here three times with my husband and I find it to be in perfect distance to everything. I deffinitely do not mind walking and found this hotel to be perfectly located by the main clifton hills district as well as bars and restaurants. They have convenient parking and easy access to the streets. Obviously expect MAJOR traffic in the summer months from May-August. This is the main time for tourism there. My husband and I only live 2 hours away and find Niagara Falls the perfect qucik weekend trip getaway whether we want to gamble at the local casinos or just chill out by the pool or do some shopping. The only thing I would remind people is that Canadians typically do not tip and many places I have visited you were not expected to tip. Use your discretion with this matter. They have many more taxes then we do in the US as well, so be prepared when you receive your bill at ANY establishment. The hotel has a reastaurant attached, the food is good but not worth the price that you pay. Drinks here were very expensive as well. You are better off journeying onto the strip and back streets if you want a reasonable meal or beverage. Overall staff is polite. Suite was clean and roomy. I would continue visiting this hotel on future trips.

Room Tip: Room facing the falls are much quieter. The Suites are worth the little bit of extra money.