“Nice location, spotty wifi, a bit noisy”

Courtyard Niagara Falls
Ranked #10 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Kalamazoo, MI
“Nice location, spotty wifi, a bit noisy”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Good location. Good value. Very clean. Nice pool and hot tub. The walls seemed a bit thin to me as we could hear conversations in the hallway and in the next room pretty clearly. The wifi in the room only worked sporadically.

Room Tip: At the end of the hall or away from the elevators may be the best location for noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GeezerMom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in November and had a King suite (with jacuzzi) on the 9th floor. The room was very spacious and the jacuzzi was nice. The bathroom area (toilet and shower) was small and dated. The wireless did not work at all in our room throughout our stay; my husband went to the lobby just to use the internet. Looking around, it seemed as though others were having the same issue. Our room was clean and the housekeeper (I think her name was Jessie?) was very polite and friendly. Fitness area was a little above average. Now that I've been there I agree with the other reviews that the mandatory parking fee is high since there are other lots nearby which are much more affordable (especially in November when the lot was half empty). Good location for Clifton Hill and the falls, definitely in walking distance of everything.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of the sky wheel from our 9th floor room.
Ancastr
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I normally like to stay at the Marriott and booked this hotel for a weekend stay. I have stayed here before and i liked that the Keg is hooked to the hotel. However the Keg was under construction and i was not told before booking. Also the hotel was extremely hot. The room controls did little to help and there was no window to open. So hot i had noice bleeds.
The staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. I just thought they should have told us about the construction

Room Tip: also they say breakfast 2 days but you have to go to TGIF fridays and it was not a good breakfast...
3 Thank theresa M
philadelphia area
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We had a family suite on the 9th floor. The rooms were spacious and clean and the maid was very nice. The location is on a well-lit, busy street where you have your choice of chain restaurants and touristy things to do. We were lucky to have a warm weekend where my kids could walk to dinner and bask in the glow of neon. But our room was quiet and the lights didn't bother us...we could see the giant ferris wheel out our window which was fun. If you had adults or older children with you, you could definitely walk all the way to the Falls with no problem.
The room was looking worn though. Furniture had corners rubbed bare and the bathroom bordered on utilitarian. The TV channels were a little pitiful. There was only one for kids and I don't know if it was Canadian programming but every show was painful to watch.
For Americans, the bill is surprising. The "Harmony tax" had us pay $36 more a night. So I'd recommend bringing cash and converting it at the cheapest place possible. That tax applies to restaurants too. So you'd save a lot of money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank elawson
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked a 2 night stay @ the Marriott. We booked a king suite w/2 person jacuzzi tub. Check in was fast, friendly. Got up to the room to find that we had been give an upgrade to a room with a jacuzzi and a fireplace (does NOT give off any heat, it is just a decor item). When we got into the room it was very chilly so we turned up the thermostat to the warmest setting and headed down to the falls. When we returned (several hours later) to the room, we were shocked to find that the room was colder than when we left. It seems the furnace was blowing cold air! At this point it was well after midnight, we were exhausted and didn't want to have to change rooms, so, we got out the spare blankets that were in the closet and placed them on the bed. Even with the extra blankets, we froze the whole night. The king size bed also dips/sinks when you're laying on it (and we're not even 'heavier' people.) So, the first night was terrible. My husband spoke to the duty manager at the front desk and told him what had happened. He advised he'd send up someone to look at the heater in the room. We went out for breakfast and returned some hours later to find that the heater was still blowing cold air. My husband called the front desk and had to explain the whole story to them again. They advised that they'd send someone up again....and if worst came to worst, they'd move us to a new room...so, we went out, came back, and guess what? The room was STILL COLD. At that point, the hotel parking lot was super full. My husband spoke with the front desk AGAIN and they advised that they would send up a plug in space heater. We're assuming they didn't have any rooms left to switch us to at that point which is why they didn't offer....so, we used the space heater and were still cold the second night. When my husband complained to the manager upon check out, we got a real interesting story. The manager advised that "the boiler for the furnace hasn't been turned on yet as it's not below freezing outside yet so all of the rooms were blowing cold air." My husband told the manager that all of the hall ways were warm so how could that be? She advised that "the hallway furnaces are a seperate system so we have them turned up on high in hopes some of the warmth would go into the rooms." What a crock of garbage.... it's quite cold outside so the furnaces should be all on. Her offer for the inconvenience? A refund of the $22 parking fee. Hardly acceptable at all...other notes you should consider before booking a stay here: hot tub in the pool area wasn't full enough to turn on the jets and was only luke warm....fridges in room don't keep stuff very cold and the bed was not comfy. I am very dissapointed in my experience at the Marriott. It seems we paid a mid-range price for a low range experience. Will not return.

1 Thank Rachel L
Macedonia, Ohio
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I really enjoyed my two night stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Niagra Falls, Canada on September 11 - 12, 2012. I was able to walk to many nearby area attractions and restaurants. It was also convenient to drive my car to all the others. The hotel had ample secure parking and a location in the middle of everything. I used the vending area a few times and the luggage carts getting in and out without any hassle. My room was spotless and cleaned exceeding my expectations. The hot tub bath tub feature was much appreciated and I had a pretty good view of the town from my room. I could also see my car in the parking lot and I liked that. The staff was more than gracious and I will return again if in the area. I was pleased and felt I more than got my money's worth. I would highly recommend this Courtyard by Marriott location.

Room Tip: This was a hassle free hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

We checked in without any issues and they upgraded our standard room to a junior presidential suite and gave us free parking. The only downside was there was no breakfast and the restaurant was was under renovations however the staff were extremely helpful and made great recommendations of nearby restaurants. Will be back soon for sure!

• Stayed November 2012